Russell Wilson: Report says he wants to explore options with

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2pvz3mzo said:
Maelstrom787":2pvz3mzo said:
John63":2pvz3mzo said:
Maelstrom787":2pvz3mzo said:
Yet again, should they not be happening to every star player who underperforms?

Okay, you want to play that game let's, where is the proof coming from WIlsoon or PC? till you have that you have nothing period.

For a third time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

for the third time Does not matter again unless you have a quote from Wilson or PC you don't have anything again. Oh and FYI There have been write-ups about Rodegs all season as well.

For a fourth time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

Also, Rodgers situation is not the same, as he openly disliked his organization.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":14lnpgjc said:
John63":14lnpgjc said:
Maelstrom787":14lnpgjc said:
John63":14lnpgjc said:
Okay, you want to play that game let's, where is the proof coming from WIlsoon or PC? till you have that you have nothing period.

For a third time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

for the third time Does not matter again unless you have a quote from Wilson or PC you don't have anything again. Oh and FYI There have been write-ups about Rodegs all season as well.

For a fourth time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

Also, Rodgers situation is not the same, as he openly disliked his organization.

for the fourth time it does not matter, where is the proof this came from Wilson or PC? and also amazing you ask for an example I give one and you come up with an excuse why it does not count. SO why woudl I bother you will just come up with excuses.

So my answer find a quote from PC or Wilson saying he want wot explore other options|. Until then you donr have anything.

Oh and here just for you

"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.”"

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...russell-wilson-report-means-for-the-seahawks/

Enough said

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":3gxcy6wc said:
toffee":3gxcy6wc said:
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers wasn't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go. Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

Russ isn't going anywhere.

So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

I think at this point it's just a hyperbole media thing.

Thats just my take

LTH

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":vaa2slu4 said:
Oh and here just for you

"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.””

Enough said

So what you’re saying is that Russ is making up a trade me story for his benefit…? Man your love for Russ is off the charts!

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":339m9y6k said:
Oh and here just for you

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.””

Enough said

So what you’re saying is that Russ is making up a trade me story for his benefit…? Man your love for Russ is off the charts!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":22bjanpt said:
keasley45":22bjanpt said:
toffee":22bjanpt said:
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers wasn't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go. Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

Thats just my take

LTH

Peteball needs Russ as much as Wilson needs Peteball, unfortunately, Carroll know PeteBall needs Russ, but Russ no longer buy into Wilson needs Peteball.

Peteball without a QB that scares opponents with ability to throw accurate deep balls would be quite limiting, with Russ, not only that he could throw deep, accurately, he could buy time with his legs. Therefore Peteball needs someone like Russ which is not easy to find, therefore Pete will do whatever to hold on to Russ, even got rid of LOB just to appease Wilson.

Wilson has holes in his games, which keasley45 had written about repeatedly, Peteball helped cover his holes and allowed his strength to shine. However, Russ no longer buy into that, he and team Russ truly believe that Peteball has been wasting his prime, he should be multiple MVP but none due to Peteball. Russ view Peteball as limiting factor to his unlimited abilities.

I therefore advocated to trade Russell Wilson has off-season when his trade value was at its peak.

chris98251

Reaction score
Or maybe there is pending news we have not heard about that Wilson has so he has started this media rumor to leverage getting what he wants. Lets say he heard that they are not resigning Penny and Carson can't comeback from his neck injury ala Kam.

That may change his position on things.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1cs1x1q4 said:
LTH":1cs1x1q4 said:
keasley45":1cs1x1q4 said:
toffee":1cs1x1q4 said:

Thats just my take

LTH

Peteball needs Russ as much as Wilson needs Peteball, unfortunately, Carroll know PeteBall needs Russ, but Russ no longer buy into Wilson needs Peteball.

Peteball without a QB that scares opponents with ability to throw accurate deep balls would be quite limiting, with Russ, not only that he could throw deep, accurately, he could buy time with his legs. Therefore Peteball needs someone like Russ which is not easy to find, therefore Pete will do whatever to hold on to Russ, even got rid of LOB just to appease Wilson.

Wilson has holes in his games, which keasley45 had written about repeatedly, Peteball helped cover his holes and allowed his strength to shine. However, Russ no longer buy into that, he and team Russ truly believe that Peteball has been wasting his prime, he should be multiple MVP but none due to Peteball. Russ view Peteball as limiting factor to his unlimited abilities.

I therefore advocated to trade Russell Wilson has off-season when his trade value was at its peak.

You're missing the point of my post. It's not that Keasley is wrong in his assessment of what's happening with Wilsons reads etc. The point is that as a head coach and someone who has created the culture of the Seahawks, I think we are selling Carroll short of being able to get Wilson to buy in to the system again. There is no way for anyone really to know where Wilson's head is at other than the way he plays on Sunday and what is said in PC. From what I can see Wilson is playing much better.

After reflection of the 2020 season, I can see how it might have been Schotty who was leading Wilson down a path that Carroll didn't want to go which might have been the reason Schotty got canned, Purely speculation of my part but I stand on my assessment of this situation. Yeah, Wilson has some issues, but Pete is NOT going to let this slip away. He would be a fool to NOT find a way to work this out, as He has 4 more years to get to the promised land there is urgency to make things happen especially because of how this year played out.

You guys watch and see I betcha a million dollars they come out next year on fire and just rip it up.

LTH

Elemas

Reaction score
The whole Russ needs Peteball…I don’t get it.

Additionally, why does Russ have to deny the rumors? He’s already come out and said he wants to be here.

The article is baseless. It’s the media’s job to generate attention. Until he comes out and demands a trade, I’ll chalk this up as another unsubstantiated fairy tale.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":16wjitdt said:
toffee":16wjitdt said:
LTH":16wjitdt said:
keasley45":16wjitdt said:

Thats just my take

LTH

You're missing the point of my post. It's not that Keasley is wrong in his assessment of what's happening with Wilsons reads etc. The point is that as a head coach and someone who has created the culture of the Seahawks, I think we are selling Carroll short of being able to get Wilson to buy in to the system again. There is no way for anyone really to know where Wilson's head is at other than the way he plays on Sunday and what is said in PC. From what I can see Wilson is playing much better.

After reflection of the 2020 season, I can see how it might have been Schotty who was leading Wilson down a path that Carroll didn't want to go which might have been the reason Schotty got canned, Purely speculation of my part but I stand on my assessment of this situation. Yeah, Wilson has some issues, but Pete is NOT going to let this slip away. He would be a fool to NOT find a way to work this out, as He has 4 more years to get to the promised land there is urgency to make things happen especially because of how this year played out.

You guys watch and see I betcha a million dollars they come out next year on fire and just rip it up.

LTH

reality-check what everyone says as of now is speculation. Including Kearsey supposedly a great breakdown of Wilson, Which there are a lot of experts that have shown and proven a lot of what Keasey said is wrong. That aside, the reality is no one knows but PC and Wilson. For every stat, opinion, or expert saying one thing there is one saying another.

Regardless what I saw in the last 2 games was an amalgamation of what PC wants, what Wilson wants, and what Waldron wants. If we continue this we are good, if we don't we have a problem.

The rest is all speculation.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":1fifum8w said:
pittpnthrs":1fifum8w said:
keasley45":1fifum8w said:
on what are you basing Pete 'neutering the offense'?

The fact that after the Colts game and before the Titans game, Pete stated he spoke with Waldron and explained how he wanted things done and Waldron fell in line. Mysteriously, the pre snap motion and tempo was gone from the week before. Happens all the time with Pete.

THis^^

And where is the proof of this. Post game, he was glowing about the offenses performance.

Provide some proof

LTH

Reaction score
Does Wilson have some issues to work out? I think he does..

Is he working them out? I think he is..

Is there urgency for the Seahawks to turn things around? I think there is.

Is it Pete Carrolls responsibility to keep Wilson in the frame of mind that he wants his QB to be in? I think so

Is it in Pete's best interest to invest in Wilson in the next 4 years? I think it's the smart thing to do

Not sure whats speculative about that?

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

How can you March out into 2022 with the same disconnect that plagued 21.

Just my 2 cents.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
keasley45":1cik80t4 said:
John63":1cik80t4 said:
pittpnthrs":1cik80t4 said:
keasley45":1cik80t4 said:
on what are you basing Pete 'neutering the offense'?

The fact that after the Colts game and before the Titans game, Pete stated he spoke with Waldron and explained how he wanted things done and Waldron fell in line. Mysteriously, the pre snap motion and tempo was gone from the week before. Happens all the time with Pete.

THis^^

And where is the proof of this. Post game, he was glowing about the offenses performance.

Provide some proof

So I need to do your homework for you because you dont pay attention? Its common knowledge, but i'll sift through 17 pages of this forum to find it for you.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":32d9bbrb said:
keasley45":32d9bbrb said:
John63":32d9bbrb said:
pittpnthrs":32d9bbrb said:

THis^^

Provide some proof

So I need to do your homework for you because you dont pay attention? Its common knowledge, but i'll sift through 17 pages of this forum to find it for you.

I've actually heard it said many times, questioned many times, and never saw any proof posted. If you're going to questions something I've posted, I'd have no problem providing a link. Saves s lot of back and forth time.

Elemas

Reaction score
keasley45":1bthu9gi said:
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

Just my 2 cents.

Damn bruh…you went in on Pete.

keasley45

Reaction score
GemCity":1bpdp93l said:
keasley45":1bpdp93l said:

Just my 2 cents.

It doesn't matter whether it's Pete, or any other coach trying to maintain control of an entire team.

What I said isn't cosigning on everything Pete does by any stretch. He's got his flaws.

But when you have a situation where you have a person constantly, by insinuation, questioning your approach or what's 'right'.. well then that person had made your decision for you.

It's not a prick fight or popularity contest. It's just business. Russ has no issue applying that model to his benefit. I think the Hawks have tolerated enough if these latest reports are true and need to do the same.

And if anything, Russ this year has shown he has no issue pushing back on Pete. And from where I sit, Pete has been way too soft on Russ. Russ sees it. Past Hawks locker rooms have seen it. And this lockerroom no doubt sees it. It will become a much larger issue if it continues.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":2x7o9dr0 said:
reality-check what everyone says as of now is speculation. Including Kearsey supposedly a great breakdown of Wilson, Which there are a lot of experts that have shown and proven a lot of what Keasey said is wrong. That aside, the reality is no one knows but PC and Wilson. For every stat, opinion, or expert saying one thing there is one saying another.

Regardless what I saw in the last 2 games was an amalgamation of what PC wants, what Wilson wants, and what Waldron wants. If we continue this we are good, if we don't we have a problem.

The rest is all speculation.

John63 - it's Keasley45, not Kearsey, lol. That's my only comment.

Easy way to remember it is that it's in honor of Ken Easley #45.

Kearsey... that's kinda more Javon Kearse-like - was never a huge fan . Good player though.

Elemas

Reaction score
keasley45":2f2l59yg said:
GemCity":2f2l59yg said:
keasley45":2f2l59yg said:

Just my 2 cents.

It doesn't matter whether it's Pete, or any other coach trying to maintain control of an entire team.

What I said isn't cosigning on everything Pete does by any stretch. He's got his flaws.

But when you have a situation where you have a person constantly, by insinuation, questioning your approach or what's 'right'.. well then that person had made your decision for you.

It's not a prick fight or popularity contest. It's just business. Russ has no issue applying that model to his benefit. I think the Hawks have tolerated enough if these latest reports are true and need to do the same.

And if anything, Russ this year has shown he has no issue pushing back on Pete. And from where I sit, Pete has been way too soft on Russ. Russ sees it. Past Hawks locker rooms have seen it. And this lockerroom no doubt sees it. It will become a much larger issue if it continues.

In all seriousness, I can agree with some of what you said but my biggest issue is, a lot of what’s spoken here is assumption. I used to buy into it but, I’m not so sure what’s real (actually happening) or just media driven speculation. I also am biased as I don’t think we’ll find another QB as good as Wilson anytime soon.

When you see posts that advocate signing Bridgewater or Kaepernick (really??? Lololol)….you start to become desensitized to that old narrative that seems to consistently arise.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer. Still early but…

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":2qmkrht5 said:
GemCity":2qmkrht5 said:
keasley45":2qmkrht5 said:

Just my 2 cents.

I have been joking that Pete sold his soul to Russ. Pete over estimated his ability to manage ego, he was sucked in by Russ's on field skill, and off field vulnerabilities. Pete mistakenly thought that by helping Russ with his off field emotional vulnerabilities,, he will be rewarded with on field prowess.

Unknowingly, Pete created Mr. Unlimited, Russ is Pete's HAL, and this HAL also could not accept evidence of his own fallibility. I won't be surprise when Pete asked Russ to stay, Russ would echo HAL with "this mission is too important to me to allow you to jeopardize it". When pushed again by Pete, "I am sorry Pete, I am afraid I can't do that".

330px-HAL9000.svg.png