Schneider tried to trade up for Penix

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I wonder if they're in play to wait out Rattler at #81. The QB-needy teams overplayed their hand yesterday. There are probably 5-6 teams that have an older/experienced vet that could use a development prospect. The Raiders could be interested, though.
There are certainly still QBs on the board, and it wouldn't surprise me if we got one we liked at the right spot.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I'm suspicious of any draft day report that says a team was trying to trade up for another player.

A) If I'm trying to trade up, I'm not going to say for who and give intel to my competitors.
B) If I was trying to trade up, I'm not going to say for who and make my new drafted player fell like a second class citizen and get dogged by "we should have tried harder to get X". Maybe years later if I'm trying to woo X in free agency, but not day of the draft.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd guess Seattle was trying to move up to #9 with the Bears to get ahead of the Vikings and Atlanta just surprised everyone with their pick.

Another year of Seattle missing out on their top QB pick (within a possible reach)

Ozzy

Reaction score
I absolutely believe it. He's a special player at the most valuable position. He is viewed higher internally than the media had predicted. I would love to have Penix but if you're not getting a franchise QB I think the draft worked out almost perfectly for Seattle.

Rat

Reaction score
After having time to think about this, it wouldn't be surprising if Atlanta is the source of this rumor because they've taken so much heat for this pick.
That'd be stupid to name specific teams though. If they did make it up, they should have just said "several teams" tried to move up.

Jac

Reaction score
That'd be stupid to name specific teams though. If they did make it up, they should have just said "several teams" tried to move up.
You're probably right about that. It's probably not complete fabrication but more making a mountain out of a molehill. I know Atlanta is feeling the heat (including from Cousins) on this move.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sorry not buying it. “Hey all I TRIED to get Mahomes and Josh Allen and Michael Penix.” yeah right.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Cousins will get revenge by putting his water bottles in the trash instead of the recycle to frame Atlanta as not being environmentally friendly.

sutz

Reaction score
Did John actually try, or did those guys call him to trade down?

Asking for a friend. ;)