Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1hzxvcy5 said:
Sports Hernia":1hzxvcy5 said:
Hawk-Lock":1hzxvcy5 said:
I haven’t watched much of the Mariners this season. From what I’ve seen Lewis looks like he could become the next big star for the franchise. Who else do you guys see sticking around for the future? Crawford has looked decent. But after that I don’t see much. Obviously Rodriguez and Kelenic will join Lewis as the core guys. But even with them, a lot of holes. I’m disappointed in the two young arms in Dunn and Sheffield. Do you guys see them turning it around?

Trout is amazing, and numbers show that he is one of the best to ever play. For how great he is, he’s only made the playoffs in 2014 and is yet to win a postseason game. I think that shows that baseball is a team sport and not an individual sport. Which is why I would shy away from huge contracts to superstar players. Whereas I have no problem handing out big contracts in the NFL or NBA. Put LeBron James or Russell Wilson on some of the worst teams and they’ll find a way to make the playoffs. It’s just crazy to think that possibly the best player in baseball history cannot win.
They have Kelenic and Rodriguez that are going to be studs, Cal Raleigh a catcher with pop, Marte a SS with speed and a little pop. George Kirby who has great control as a pitcher as he walked no one (see zero) last year, and other decent pitching prospects. Add that to the current team and add Free Agency to fill the holes and you got a pretty good team that will contend. I’m still not sold on all of the pitching prospects outside of Kirby.

Dunn and Sheffield have preformed below my expectations so far but they have showed glimpses. They both tend to have habits of giving up big innings. I think they can still be good, they are just not there yet.

If healthy they are going to have the best outfield in baseball, once Kelenic and Rodriguez join Lewis and start
Playing full time.

I’m expecting Lewis, Kelenic and Rodriguez to be very good players. After that I won’t count on any prospects. If we aren’t at least competitive by next season then I’ll be disappointed. I probably won’t watch much of this team unless they call up Kelenic and some of the other guys.
As much as I love baseball it’s getting harder for me to watch this team. They are boring AF.
The same players being auto-outs every AB, ie Volgleout, Long Jr, Gordon, White.

I can tolerate White because of his defense and he is better than he’s hitting and his problems are fixable by changing his approach. The others are vets or 4A players. The only AB’s I look forward too are Lewis and Seager’s.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2s586wku said:
Hawk-Lock":2s586wku said:
Sports Hernia":2s586wku said:
Hawk-Lock":2s586wku said:
I haven’t watched much of the Mariners this season. From what I’ve seen Lewis looks like he could become the next big star for the franchise. Who else do you guys see sticking around for the future? Crawford has looked decent. But after that I don’t see much. Obviously Rodriguez and Kelenic will join Lewis as the core guys. But even with them, a lot of holes. I’m disappointed in the two young arms in Dunn and Sheffield. Do you guys see them turning it around?

Trout is amazing, and numbers show that he is one of the best to ever play. For how great he is, he’s only made the playoffs in 2014 and is yet to win a postseason game. I think that shows that baseball is a team sport and not an individual sport. Which is why I would shy away from huge contracts to superstar players. Whereas I have no problem handing out big contracts in the NFL or NBA. Put LeBron James or Russell Wilson on some of the worst teams and they’ll find a way to make the playoffs. It’s just crazy to think that possibly the best player in baseball history cannot win.
They have Kelenic and Rodriguez that are going to be studs, Cal Raleigh a catcher with pop, Marte a SS with speed and a little pop. George Kirby who has great control as a pitcher as he walked no one (see zero) last year, and other decent pitching prospects. Add that to the current team and add Free Agency to fill the holes and you got a pretty good team that will contend. I’m still not sold on all of the pitching prospects outside of Kirby.

Dunn and Sheffield have preformed below my expectations so far but they have showed glimpses. They both tend to have habits of giving up big innings. I think they can still be good, they are just not there yet.

If healthy they are going to have the best outfield in baseball, once Kelenic and Rodriguez join Lewis and start
Playing full time.

I’m expecting Lewis, Kelenic and Rodriguez to be very good players. After that I won’t count on any prospects. If we aren’t at least competitive by next season then I’ll be disappointed. I probably won’t watch much of this team unless they call up Kelenic and some of the other guys.
As much as I love baseball it’s getting harder for me to watch this team. They are boring AF.
The same players being auto-outs every AB, ie Volgleout, Long Jr, Gordon, White.

I can tolerate White because of his defense and he is better than he’s hitting and his problems are fixable by changing his approach. The others are vets or 4A players. The only AB’s I look forward too are Lewis and Seager’s.

This is a 60 game spring training at this point

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jpux1rc said:
Sports Hernia":1jpux1rc said:
Hawk-Lock":1jpux1rc said:
Sports Hernia":1jpux1rc said:

Playing full time.

I can tolerate it because of his defense and he is better than he’s hitting and his problems are fixable by changing his approach. The others are vets or 4A players. The only AB’s I look forward too are Lewis and Seager’s.

This is a 60 game spring training at this point
Yep, I’m looking to be at least a little entertained though. If they get down 2-0 it’s game over.
Perfect time to get the young prospects up and get some MLB AB’s instead of running the same old spare parts that are overmatched and doomed to fail.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
1 hit...

Might as well go for the no-no and make the front page

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think they are tied for 2nd for worst win % with the Angels who will finish higher than Seattle and Pittsburgh who is worse than Seattle currently.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm with this being a long spring training..No need to be upset
i just hope the GM has an ace of a plan up his sleeve through
all this.
I know they don't want to bring Jake up because of service time
concerns so why not sign him to a long term deal so he can play?
it's a new trend to bypass FA and service time BS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":23pk49hf said:
all this.
Jarrod?
Yes they can sign him to a Evan a White type of contract, which is what I feel they may end up doing anyhow.
Not upset with them losing, I’m upset with them not taking advantage of opportunities.

What have Volgelout, Long Jr, and Gordon done to earn a spot in the lineup everyday?
All of their batting averages start with a 1. They are all deadweight.
You should be using those MLB “less pressure than most years” AB’s for your young studs.

Edit correction: Long Jr is batting .200, Volgleout is batting .088

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hit parade tonight.

Lewis has to be the AL roty favorite right? Seagar ha been great since the end of last year. Dylan Moore I'm pretty sure is off my shit list, he was incredibly bad last year but is now tied for the team lead in HRs and isn't even an every day player. Time for him to be DH when he isn't in the field?

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This team has hope. Get some good pitchers especially in the pen and bring Kelenic up. The funny thing is we should hate houston so much more then thought. They cheated us out of playoffs when we had cruz and cano.

Funny thing is AL west is bad besides oakland right now so we are 1 game back of playoffs. Lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":s8suu899 said:
This team has hope. Get some good pitchers especially in the pen and bring Kelenic up. The funny thing is we should hate houston so much more then thought. They cheated us out of playoffs when we had cruz and cano.

Funny thing is AL west is bad besides oakland right now so we are 1 game back of playoffs. Lol
Looks like the offense shot it’s wad last night with a weeks worth of runs in one game.
Bad Marco pitching tonight.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wdglnbsz said:
Shanegotyou11":wdglnbsz said:

Looks like the offense shot it’s wad last night with a weeks worth of runs in one game.
Bad Marco pitching tonight.

Looking good so far!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":246p00st said:
One good inning. Blanks otherwise.
ArsonSquad came in and coughed up the lead. I hope they improve the bullpen in the offseason, these goobers ain’t going to cut it.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2iqlnduw said:
sutz":2iqlnduw said:
One good inning. Blanks otherwise.
ArsonSquad came in and coughed up the lead. I hope they improve the bullpen in the offseason, these goobers ain’t going to cut it.
Painful, but we knew this was coming. The bright spot is the bullpen is often one of the easiest things to build. Lot of good arms in the farm system coming up. Shame they lost this year of seasoning.

sutz

Reaction score
Taijuan had a pretty good outing. 6 full innings, no runs. Had a couple of rough spots, but pitched through them.

:2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1b1yii6c said:
Taijuan had a pretty good outing. 6 full innings, no runs. Had a couple of rough spots, but pitched through them.

:2thumbs:
Walker pitched great. Deserved the win.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ij1lyjn said:
IndyHawk":1ij1lyjn said:
all this.
Jarrod?
Yes they can sign him to a Evan a White type of contract, which is what I feel they may end up doing anyhow.
Not upset with them losing, I’m upset with them not taking advantage of opportunities.

What have Volgelout, Long Jr, and Gordon done to earn a spot in the lineup everyday?
You should be using those MLB “less pressure than most years” AB’s for your young studs.

:34853_doh: Yes.. :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3e3m4omw said:
Sports Hernia":3e3m4omw said:
IndyHawk":3e3m4omw said:
all this.
Jarrod?

:34853_doh: Yes.. :lol:
Don’t sweat it. Just making sure we are talking about the same player.