Seattle Mariners 2020 season

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hour long 1st inning. Terrible pitching, errors all over the place. Of course when you're starting a guy from this bullpen, that's what you're gonna get.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
With a 60 game season.. maybe a Mercy rule shuold be in effect.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
White is super nice on defense and i feel for him on offense. I think he will become a good hitter in the future.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Sheff had another quality start. That's two in a row. He and Dunn appear to be shoring up the back end of the rotation pretty well right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1xy612nc said:
Well, Sheff had another quality start. That's two in a row. He and Dunn appear to be shoring up the back end of the rotation pretty well right now.
Yep. Not really worried about the starting pitching. Too many holes in the bullpen and starting lineup.
They are wasting a perfect opportunity to bring some young guys up and get their feet wet in a throw away season at the MLB level but this team is too cheap as they are too worried about the arbitration clock.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's likely service time issues with the young guys we want up right?
I want the highest pick(s).
The young guys can come up for like the last 10 games?I'm not sure.
One of those just had his cast off hand not long ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ewluehc said:
It's likely service time issues with the young guys we want up right?
I want the highest pick(s).
The young guys can come up for like the last 10 games?I'm not sure.
One of those just had his cast off hand not long ago.
They won’t “admit“ it’s a service time issue, but if the biggest issue for not calling up prized
Prospects.

I get what you are saying. This team has plenty of holes, but I don’t think bringing up a few of the young guys is going to change the record much. The bullpen is a sieve and cannot hold any type of lead, so I think accumulation of loses will keep happening.

Yes, J-rod (#2 prospect) was the one that fractured his wrist, I don’t mind them taking time with him because of said injury.
Bringing up Kelenic, and Raleigh should have happened already IMHO. They are wasting MLB AB’s on spare parts that have no future with Seattle (Vogelout, Gordon, M. Smith, insert back up catcher here).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":4mahz4la said:
Apparently waiting to bring up Kelenic until a couple weeks into 2021 Gaines them 2 years of club control....
Kelenic was a projected 2020 call up in September like Kyle Lewis was brought up last year.
The clock is clicking on Dipoto’s time here. The quicker they get the young studs acclimated to MLB caliber of play the quicker the winning starts (2021, 2022) the quicker the security of a new contract for Jerry.

If they are worried about the young studs being brought up too early, I counter with Kyle Lewis who made the jump last year from AA with just barely over a season of total minor league play (because of injury), and hasn’t stopped hitting since he was brought up.

I have zero worries about Kelenic hitting in the bigs. Too talented, too hard of worker, too high of baseball IQ, too confident/cocky to fail.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i7r8bce said:
XxXdragonXxX":2i7r8bce said:
Apparently waiting to bring up Kelenic until a couple weeks into 2021 Gaines them 2 years of club control....
Kelenic was a projected 2020 call up in September like Kyle Lewis was brought up last year.
The clock is clicking on Dipoto’s time here. The quicker they get the young studs acclimated to MLB caliber of play the quicker the winning starts (2021, 2022) the quicker the security of a new contract for Jerry.

If they are worried about the young studs being brought up too early, I counter with Kyle Lewis who made the jump last year from AA with just barely over a season of total minor league play (because of injury), and hasn’t stopped hitting since he was brought up.

I have zero worries about Kelenic hitting in the bigs. Too talented, too hard of worker, too high of baseball IQ, too confident/cocky to fail.

Whats more important : 100ABs in the big or 2 additional years of club control?

Seems like a simple business decision

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pk3aced said:
Sports Hernia":3pk3aced said:
XxXdragonXxX":3pk3aced said:

Where are you getting 2 years of Club Control from? Honest question.
Barring injury, He (Kelenic) will be up next year likely as projected.

Who knows, maybe they will go the Lewis route they did last year as a September call up?
I just think they are blowing a golden opportunity to get some RARE pressure free MLB AB’s instead of the usual suspects who likely won’t be here next year.

Club control can be navigated be extending existing contracts. Sure, it’s going to cost you some $$$, but if you are going to re-sign the player, you are going to payout a likely sizable contract anyhow.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m25hcfx said:
Uncle Si":1m25hcfx said:
Sports Hernia":1m25hcfx said:
XxXdragonXxX":1m25hcfx said:

Where are you getting 2 years of Club Control from? Honest question.
Barring injury, He (Kelenic) will be up next year likely as projected.

Who knows, maybe they will go the Lewis route they did last year as a September call up?
I just think they are blowing a golden opportunity to get some RARE pressure free MLB AB’s instead of the usual suspects who likely won’t be here next year.

Club control can be navigated be extending existing contracts. Sure, it’s going to cost you some $$$, but if you are going to re-sign the player, you are going to payout a likely sizable contract anyhow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spokes ... ontent=amp
There’s also the service time issue. Depending on when Kelenic makes his debut, it could be the difference between Seattle having club control through 2025 or 2027. It’s likely to be a consideration for all of the Mariners’ prospects, especially since the club isn’t likely to be a contender until 2022.

They'd have to wait to bring him up until a few weeks into 2021 to keep club control through 2027. And Kelenic isn't likely to sign an extension for cheap. They could be saving millions of dollars by not bringing him up right away.