Seattle Sounders 2019 Season Thread

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This Sounders team is jumping on opponents early. Very refreshing to see. Rodriguez is really a magician out there. 3 matches and 9 points. Keep it up guys!

Is Will Bruin hurt? Has he even played this season so far? Not that he’s needed at this point.

Smurf

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around much at all. Life has been crazy lately. Here's my notes thus far:

- V-Rod looks like an Elite Player this year.
- Morris is a much improved player. He is playing with a ton of confidence, and he is playing a lot smarter this season.
- Bruin is healthy and been in the 18 every match. Offense is on fire so he hasn't been needed.
- Ruidiaz is ON FIRE. With as limited as touches as he gets, he's been killer with his chances (the one wiff aside). 8 Shots on the season, 6 on target, 3 goals.
- We've given up a few too many goals for my liking.
- Roldan is doing awesome in the middle of the park.

It is incredibly refreshing to have a full squad of healthy players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2v04k6h1 said:
This Sounders team is jumping on opponents early. Very refreshing to see. Rodriguez is really a magician out there. 3 matches and 9 points. Keep it up guys!

Is Will Bruin hurt? Has he even played this season so far? Not that he’s needed at this point.

Bruin was expecting a baby over the weekend, so that's why he didn't travel with the team.

Watching this dynamic of an attack is awesome to see, especially so early in the year. Just think what this attack will be able to do if everyone stays healthy and continue to play together? Awesome.

But I agree with Schmetzer in regards to not putting teams away. Leaky defense and the penchant for letting up after early scoring has to be worked on. Obviously a good problem to have though.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
We're crushing it so far. I still worry about depth should injuries bite but so far so good. Western Conference teams haven't looked great so far and in the east Atlanta are struggling under DeBoer.

I get Portland are playing all their games away but they look like they have a cup final hangover so far. If they have a ton of home games later though they can probably turn it around pretty quick.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think MN Uniteds quest for the Supporters Shield is dead...

But ill be at the Sounders/United game at Allianz in May

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounders-related news today. All US Open Cup matches will be available on ESPN+ starting this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":391oes6x said:
Sounders-related news today. All US Open Cup matches will be available on ESPN+ starting this year.

Good to hear.

If MLS ever wants the Open Cup to matter, it needs to start doing things like this to elevate awareness and interest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mktc1dof said:
Sounders sign 15 year old to youngest 1st team contract in MLS history.

https://theathletic.com/907940/2019/04/05/

Probably team history, not MLS history.

FIFA has changed the rules that you cannot sign a pro contract until your 16th birthday.

Freddy Adu was 14 when he started playing for DC United

Kid must be something. Typically no rush, but they must have felt they needed to get him on the books to a. keep him from signing elsewhere right away, 2. to ensure they are part of the fee if he's ever transferred later in his career.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1miqyex3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1miqyex3 said:

Kid must be something. Typically no rush, but they must have felt they needed to get him on the books to a. keep him from signing elsewhere right away, 2. to ensure they are part of the fee if he's ever transferred later in his career.
He's a Sounders Academy product that led them to the U17 USSDA National Championship. He's spending this weekend at the USYNT U17 camp and should be on the roster for the U17 World Cup next month.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":19p7ox5o said:
Uncle Si":19p7ox5o said:
Sgt. Largent":19p7ox5o said:

He's a Sounders Academy product that led them to the U17 USSDA National Championship. He's spending this weekend at the USYNT U17 camp and should be on the roster for the U17 World Cup next month.

Lot of those kids (i mean almost all) arent signing first team contracts though, even at 16/17.

Says alot

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No Ruidiaz for the Sounders tonight. Hopefully Will Bruin does well filling in for him.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Spring is a fickle B. Today's weather in Commerce City, CO, is 78 and sunny. Tomorrow's game forecast? Blizzard conditions, with heavy snow and wind gusts up to 60 MPH.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Allianz field opens tomorrow. Skipping it because, well... 18 inches if snow. Will be there next week and then may 5th against the Sounders.

Stadium looks incredible.

Edit... stadium is incredible. Absolutely stunning outside. Intimate yet loud inside. Grass field too... in MN.

Really excited

And... on queue... ozzie alonso with the first ever goal at Allianz

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Will Bruin starts for Raul again and scores twice. In other news, Ozzie scores the first goal in Allianz Field history for MNUFC.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maybe youre just blocking my posts. Whatever.

4 goals in 7 minutes. Stadium is amazing.

The 5th goal is something that will be seen for a few years to come

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29ifgszb said:
Maybe youre just blocking my posts. Whatever.

4 goals in 7 minutes. Stadium is amazing.
Sorry, didn't see your edit. :)

And just after praising Bruin he leaves the game with either a groin or hamstring injury.