OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1fdxeanl said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1195202064567197696[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1195203113801662464[/tweet]

From the first video, you can tell Pittsburgh's quarterback initiated it, ripping at his helmet, but that reaction was way, way over the top. Both should be suspended games, Garrett probably for the season.

I’ll have to watch it again but in real time it appear too me that Garrett drove him into the ground late. Then kinda kept him down with his body weight.

James in PA

Reaction score
Did I really hear Aikman suggest that maybe Rudolph’s hand was stuck in Garret’s helmet?! LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you heard Aikman say that. I mean, the problem wasn't exactly a hand in helmet issue.

BTW, how are people embedding their Twitter videos in here? I don't see the button to do that.

DJrmb

Reaction score
pmedic920":ab6zz82n said:
Seahawk Sailor":ab6zz82n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1195202064567197696[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1195203113801662464[/tweet]

From the first video, you can tell Pittsburgh's quarterback initiated it, ripping at his helmet, but that reaction was way, way over the top. Both should be suspended games, Garrett probably for the season.

I’ll have to watch it again but in real time it appear too me that Garrett drove him into the ground late. Then kinda kept him down with his body weight.

Garrett did drag him down well after he got rid of the ball, which by rule would usually be a roughing the passer call now days. That's what I think Rudolph took offense to and he immediately started ripping at Garrett's helmet.

DJrmb

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3hoivn31 said:
Yeah, you heard Aikman say that. I mean, the problem wasn't exactly a hand in helmet issue.

BTW, how are people embedding their Twitter videos in here? I don't see the button to do that.

You have to hit the "post reply" button, not the "quick reply". Then at the top there's a "tweet" button. You paste the link to the tweet in between the .[tweet][/tweet].

nategreat

Reaction score
Miles Garrett should never be allowed to play in the NFL again. Ever. Hope the guy breaks both his legs.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
That was a wild ending, but calling for Assault charges? Both players, Garret and Rudolph should be suspended and fined and made to make this situation right in every way, but charges of Assault are not it. JMHO

LargentFan

Reaction score
nategreat":utho6i4v said:
Miles Garrett should never be allowed to play in the NFL again. Ever.
I 100% agree. He shouldn't sniff an NFL field again.

I also think Pouncey should get no punishment. He punched and kicked a man that attacked his QB with a weapon.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
There talking now on Sports Center.

What if Garrett had used the “crown” of the helmet?

I’d suggest that it’s just blind luck that he had the helmet in his hand like he did. I’d bet a months pay that if the helmet was being held the opposite way, the crown would absolutely struck Rudolph. Garrett had no clue how he was holding the helmet, nor did he care.

I don’t feel a lifetime suspension would be out of line here, I don’t expect it but I’d be ok with it.

I fully support the suggested “criminal/assault” aspect as well.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2gmzr87y said:
That was a wild ending, but calling for Assault charges? Both players, Garret and Rudolph should be suspended and fined and made to make this situation right in every way, but charges of Assault are not it. JMHO

What in your eyes makes it not an assault?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What about the Browns guy who went after Rudolph AFTER the hit?

Fine for that too. But for Garrett, like pmedic said, that's the definition of ADW. He deliberately swung a hard object at a player's unhelmeted head that could literally have killed Rudolph.

He should be arrested.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2st1gvkr said:
James in PA":2st1gvkr said:
Did I really hear Aikman suggest that maybe Rudolph’s hand was stuck in Garret’s helmet?! LOL!!

Wouldn't be the first time the media's tried to explain away a Stealers quarterback getting body parts "accidentally" stuck in other people's business.
Thread winner right there!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hate the Stealers, team, ownership, and fans probably more than anyone but..... That’s outright assault, Garrett should be banned for life, or at least a season or 2. Not saying Rudolph isn’t totally faultless because he wasn’t, but the NFL needs to make an example out of Garrett.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Whatever happened to people just swearing at each other when they’re PO’d? Jeez. Adrenaline and testosterone, I get it, but that was seriously out of line.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
pmedic920":ajcfbmbq said:
BubbaGump":ajcfbmbq said:

This is a highly aggressive sport. If you start filing criminal charges for things that happen during the event on the field of play during intense moments like this it will ruin the sport as a whole. There is a lot of things that happened during this event. I’m not condoning anything by either of these two knuckle heads. The league has things set in place to handle these types of situations and that’s where it should stay.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I see many here are pointing only fingers at Garrett. Yes he lost control and should be heavily punished but to give passes to the stealers players for what they also did does not make sense.
1. Garrett suspended remainder of year...yes and maybe a lot more.
2. Rudolf should also be suspended for ripping at Garrett’s help but was not successful. He then jumps up and acts tough when he sees his lineman there. Maybe two games or a game for the attempting to rip the mask off.
3. Pouncey should be suspended for punching and kicking Garrett.

If the stealers get away Scott free on this then the league is focused only on punishing the browns.

My two cents and yes I did watch the game and the situation.
Both teams should have players suspended and fined or the next time a qb is hit then open season can occur with no consequences against a player who touches said qb

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This is absolutely not a good look on the NFL.

Garrett is absolutely in trouble here.

Could have killed Rudolph.

Literally, killed him. Head injury, internal bleeding, brain damage.

Suspension is an easy punishment, this is assault with a deadly weapon.

Rudolph is also at fault as well, he didn’t need to first go after Garrett after his helmet was taken off.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3t59fajd said:
pmedic920":3t59fajd said:
BubbaGump":3t59fajd said:

This is a highly aggressive sport. If you start filing criminal charges for things that happen during the event on the field of play during intense moments like this it will ruin the sport as a whole. There is a lot of things that happened during this event. I’m not condoning anything by either of these two knuckle heads. The league has things set in place to handle these types of situations and that’s where it should stay.

I agree up to the point people start using weapons on the field.

We’ve all seen fights and scuffles on the field, and it’s definitely a bad look.
The sport doesn’t need that but this was a different level.

This was IMHO, absolutely assault with a weapon.
That same action in a dark alley or parking lot would allow the use of deadly force in many states.

Yes it was on a football field not on the streets but the playing field doesn’t lessen the action.

I don’t believe filing charges for something like this would ruin the sport, I think things like this ruin the sport.

Edit:
And no, I’m not suggesting that Garrett is the only one that should be disciplined.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lifetime ban? Assault? "Could have killed Rudolph"? Come on. Half the dive bars in the country have more violence than that every single Friday night, and there are rarely any consequences whatsoever. There's letter of the law, then spirit of the law.

Ban him for the next 16 games. You know how much that'll cost him? Looks like somewhere around $5m of regular salary, from a second's worth of Googling.

I was born in 1982, but I've seen plenty of games from the 60s and 70s. A lot of people clearly don't remember the violence in games from that era that happened....every week, lol.

I'm not defending Garrett in any way, but some of the reactions here are ridiculous.