Steelers vs Browns: TNF

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":13tz99vz said:
RolandDeschain":13tz99vz said:
Screw the NFL if they don't suspend Rudolph as well.
This I agree with. Although Garret tackles him to the ground unnecessarily, Rudolph tried to pull Garrett’s helmet off and then followed him to the end zone. He should get a game suspension and a nice big fine.
I had to see it over and over in the dentist office.. :pukeface:
Garrett was wrong but Rudolph sure was not innocent by chasing a guy being restrained
without a helmet on..How stupid can you be?Had Garrett just punched him once
instead he'd have been laid out and we would still have all this discussion.
Rudolph deserves a 3 game suspension no doubt in my mind.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1tadyt4i said:
Largent80":1tadyt4i said:
That’s funny but I don’t know why? 8)

WWEFL....has come. Wednesday nite on TNT Thursday night on Fox...they will call it football, and Friday night on fox too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x85295n3 said:
pmedic920":x85295n3 said:
What would the conversation be if Ndamukong Suh had done this to Russel Wilson?
I know for an absolute fact I wouldn't be reacting to that like you are to this. Don't believe me if it makes you feel better.

Yeah I have to chime in to agree with Roland. For starters, Wilson wouldn't be on the ground trying to rip the dudes helmet off. And Wilson would remove himself from the situation rather than going after the guy after his helmet was taken. Rudolf didn't do that though because he was so irate over a frustrating game and tried to take it out on Garrett and was responded to in kind. I'm not saying what Garrett did was ok but the overreaction to this I just don't understand. Was it bad? Sure but everyone's acting like he went straight up Last Boy Scout on him and shot him in the middle of the field.

Garrett Should get a 4-8 game suspension. I'm not saying Rudolf should also get that kind of suspension but he shouldn't be looked at as some poor victim. Everyone's talking about how Garrett "lost his mind" when to me it looks like Rudolf was the one who was having problems keeping his emotions in check.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If you watch the video, the Refs were awful slow and hesitant. You can even see one of them moving backwards away from the pile, but blowing his whistle.

But watching the video again, that tackle from Garrett was completely unnecessary. I find it really hard to blame Rudolph. What is he supposed to do, let Garrett continue to grind him into the ground? Now maybe he should have walked away once he got up, but seriously?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ovx8l3x said:
Sports Hernia":2ovx8l3x said:
Largent80":2ovx8l3x said:
That’s funny but I don’t know why? 8)

WWEFL....has come. Wednesday nite on TNT Thursday night on Fox...they will call it football, and Friday night on fox too.
Yep, just missing someone getting hit in the back of the head with a steel chair when the refs were not looking. 8)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dunno if you can claim the tackle was unnecessary. Garrett has no idea if he has the ball still or not, which happens all the time on QB hits and sacks. Maybe he layed on him too much but who knows what was being said or done in the pile.

Fact of the matter is people are overreacting to garrett and making him sound like a mass murderer when it probably wouldn't have escalated if Rudolf's frustration with his own poor game hadn't gotten the better of him.

I'm not blaming him or "victim shaming". I'm just saying I don't think Garrett 'snapped' or went 'insane' like is being implied.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
James in PA":nhse25d9 said:
The league won’t suspend the red-nosed reindeer for even a game. That’s the Stealers starting QB and with Little Ben already out for the year, the league needs to keep the Stealer fanbase interested. So, they decided to suspend Pouncey instead to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly I suspect you're right though I do think Pouncey had it coming. Rudolph should get several games too but guessing he won't.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Garrett deserves the suspension he received. Maurkice Pouncey should have gotten more than 3. And Mason Rudolph is an instigating little piece of shit who deserves to match Garrett. That weaselly little bitch accused Garrett of being bush league when he should have backed off as DeCastro drove back Garrett. I hope he gets his ass handed to him. DeCastro was the only adult in the situation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkGA":qx0za12g said:
If you watch the video, the Refs were awful slow and hesitant. You can even see one of them moving backwards away from the pile, but blowing his whistle.

But watching the video again, that tackle from Garrett was completely unnecessary. I find it really hard to blame Rudolph. What is he supposed to do, let Garrett continue to grind him into the ground? Now maybe he should have walked away once he got up, but seriously?
He's a quarterback. Sit and wait, the refs will save you and penalize the other team. Maybe he could have gotten a last-second TD in to look less crappy than he is.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think it's funny how people are saying "why tackle him like that up 14 points with 10 seconds left to play" when basically the exact same argument can be made to question why the Steelers were throwing the ball if the game was over.

Rudolph instigated it by yanking on Garrett's helmet and supposedly trying to kick him in the nuts. Garrett took it too far when he had the helmet in his hand and tried to bash Rudolph when he rushed him (why he decided to rush him with no helmet on is beyond me, maybe because he felt safe with his linemen holding Garrett?). That's it, though, they're both in the wrong. Both of them being at fault doesn't absolve the other of what they did.

Glad to see the suspensions handed out, but IMO Rudolph should be suspended at least a game or two. Dude's an idiot.

James in PA

Reaction score
After reviewing the tape again, I’ve determined that it was all just one big misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evergreen

Reaction score
Maybe Myles can play for Smackdown. He's done in the NFL. Dude will never play again. That picture is haunting...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":x3f728i3 said:
I think it's funny how people are saying "why tackle him like that up 14 points with 10 seconds left to play" when basically the exact same argument can be made to question why the Steelers were throwing the ball if the game was over.

Rudolph instigated it by yanking on Garrett's helmet and supposedly trying to kick him in the nuts. Garrett took it too far when he had the helmet in his hand and tried to bash Rudolph when he rushed him (why he decided to rush him with no helmet on is beyond me, maybe because he felt safe with his linemen holding Garrett?). That's it, though, they're both in the wrong. Both of them being at fault doesn't absolve the other of what they did.

Glad to see the suspensions handed out, but IMO Rudolph should be suspended at least a game or two. Dude's an idiot.

It's not about who started it, it's about what each player actually did.

Whether Rudolph (pulling on MG's helmet) or Garrett (late hit) "started it," if it'd ended there, no one would be suspended.

Actually, if MG had just stripped the helmet, possibly still just fines.

But then MG beans Rudolph in the head with his own helmet. No matter who started it, no matter what fighting words may or may not have been uttered, no matter that MG was being restrained by DeCastro, MR was not a physical threat at that point.

I could see one game for Rudolph, but saying what he did is equivalent to MG's actions is ludicrous.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I got no problems with the suspensions the NFL handed out. I think they are all fair. While Rudolph did instigate, you can't suspend based on intent and what could have happened. No different than if a player tried to target and go helmet to helmet but missed.

Yes he tried to pull it off, but he wasn't successful in doing so. I've also heard the argument that his hand got stuck in Garrett's facemask and was trying to pull his hand out. Also credit Rudolph for stopping once he got hit in the head. He could have easily tried to throw punches after that.

Pouncey's suspension was fair. He threw punches, but you can't blame a guy for defending his QB. If that were RW being hit, most likely one of our big guys would have done the same.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
76204099_2895445537168782_7588052660398325760_o.jpg

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Look, I get that Rudolph is not blameless here.

But how is three games justified? He was on his back clawing at MG's helmet but not removing it. Once helmetless, he got up and talked s to MG.

I can see one game, but three seems excessive.