Still waiting for that Waldron offense...

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
LTH":9entvo0q said:
sutz":9entvo0q said:
hawkfan68":9entvo0q said:
I have to agree with those who are saying it's PC. After 3 different OCs - Bates, Bevell, Schotty, and now currently on the 4th, Waldron. The offense still looks and operates the same - the common denom is Pete Carroll.

I'm under the belief that Shane gets a bit of pass. He's working with Geno Smith currently as his QB. Probably didn't envision that would happen. Therefore has to "dumb" down the creativity.
I would buy that if not for the fact that the "dumbing down" happened in Game 2. In Game 1 we saw some of what we expected, pre-snap motion, jet sweeps, fake reverses, lots of stuff that stopped abruptly after the win in Indy. Pretty curious that it stopped coming off of a win.

Almost makes me wonder if maybe Russ was the problem or at least part of it. After all, the short to intermediate patterns kind of drag down his YPA and YPC numbers. Throw in all that and we still can't attack the center of the field. Over the years we've cycled through what many would consider some top tier talent at TE and never managed to use them efficiently. Perhpas it's on PC, but the other constant over the years has been Russ, who has always preferred the deep ball and the outside routes over the crossing patterns and middle routes. And the short, quick passing game has always been sort of an after thought for Russ. He always seems to look deep first, than medium, then short almost regardless of the game situation.

Waldron was supposed to be able to fix that. Looked promising for 1 game, and then it all shut down. :229031_shrug:

The one thing I know is there are lots of things going on behind the scenes that we as fans don't know about... I totally sure that Pete does things for specific reasons and then just doesn't talk about it which is kind of a bad thing cause then it leaves it open for speculation but that is just the way Pete is...

But I agree with you Russ has some responsibility in this unfortunately nobody is going to be clear about it..

But thats ok just Fire Pete and all of Seattle's problems will go away :sarcasm_on:

LTH

The one thing I know is that there is nothing going on behind the scenes. I am totally sure that Pete has no coherent reason for the things he does.

See how I did that? Since you don’t know jack crap about what is going on in the Seahawks offices you just put your own spin on it. I can do the same. :D

LTH

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3fm3p9q7 said:
LTH":3fm3p9q7 said:
sutz":3fm3p9q7 said:
hawkfan68":3fm3p9q7 said:
I have to agree with those who are saying it's PC. After 3 different OCs - Bates, Bevell, Schotty, and now currently on the 4th, Waldron. The offense still looks and operates the same - the common denom is Pete Carroll.

I'm under the belief that Shane gets a bit of pass. He's working with Geno Smith currently as his QB. Probably didn't envision that would happen. Therefore has to "dumb" down the creativity.
I would buy that if not for the fact that the "dumbing down" happened in Game 2. In Game 1 we saw some of what we expected, pre-snap motion, jet sweeps, fake reverses, lots of stuff that stopped abruptly after the win in Indy. Pretty curious that it stopped coming off of a win.

Almost makes me wonder if maybe Russ was the problem or at least part of it. After all, the short to intermediate patterns kind of drag down his YPA and YPC numbers. Throw in all that and we still can't attack the center of the field. Over the years we've cycled through what many would consider some top tier talent at TE and never managed to use them efficiently. Perhpas it's on PC, but the other constant over the years has been Russ, who has always preferred the deep ball and the outside routes over the crossing patterns and middle routes. And the short, quick passing game has always been sort of an after thought for Russ. He always seems to look deep first, than medium, then short almost regardless of the game situation.

Waldron was supposed to be able to fix that. Looked promising for 1 game, and then it all shut down. :229031_shrug:

The one thing I know is there are lots of things going on behind the scenes that we as fans don't know about... I totally sure that Pete does things for specific reasons and then just doesn't talk about it which is kind of a bad thing cause then it leaves it open for speculation but that is just the way Pete is...

But I agree with you Russ has some responsibility in this unfortunately nobody is going to be clear about it..

But thats ok just Fire Pete and all of Seattle's problems will go away :sarcasm_on:

LTH

The one thing I know is that there is nothing going on behind the scenes. I am totally sure that Pete has no coherent reason for the things he does.

See how I did that? Since you don’t know jack crap about what is going on in the Seahawks offices you just put your own spin on it. I can do the same. :D

naw it doesn't work that way... the point is if we knew what Pete was actually thinking it might put a different light on things... so you can play all the word games you want but the bottom line is all we have to go off of is what is said in Press conferences

So the question is do you take Pete for his word? or not... is there more going on with Sutz point about why we are not seeing more of Waldron's O? and if we are not seeing it what is the true reason for that? Not just an assumption... there could be multiple different reasons why the team is gravitating towards a certain offensive plan...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
guys, you can spin it all you want but the reality is this 4 Ocs, 4 Qbs and it's the same old same old. The reality is PC will never give up control of the offense for more than a few games of control before he reverts to all he knows. This does not work, without Wilson and even with Wilson will not work in the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
We seen how this team works and what the sideline behavior tell us.

The Sherman Situation.

The Harvin situation.

The Bennett situation.

The Lynch situation.

The Cable situation.

The Tate Situation.

We discussed each one here based on player interviews, body language on the sidelines and during the game.

The board was right 100 percent.

Each time it was avoided when a question about it was asked or it was poo pooed as some reaction to just the game and they will be alright next week etc.

We are seeing the signs again based on players speaking out, being traded etc. The look of Wilson when plays are called, the lack of emotional support by Wilson for the rest of the players when not playing is a change also.

hoxrox

Reaction score
No Eskridge = limited ability to stretch the offense horizontally.

No Carson = limited ability to run downhill.

No RW = limited offense, period.

The OC doesn't really have much to work with right now. Doesn't matter what scheme he's trying to run.

flv

Reaction score
Expectation:

giphy.webp

Reality:

giphy.webp

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":33qtizpz said:

The OC doesn't really have much to work with right now. Doesn't matter what scheme he's trying to run.

you forgot 1

PC=old school predictable offense as much as possible

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":22phpxne said:

The Sherman Situation.

The Harvin situation.

The Bennett situation.

The Lynch situation.

The Cable situation.

The Tate Situation.

We discussed each one here based on player interviews, body language on the sidelines and during the game.

Each time it was avoided when a question about it was asked or it was poo pooed as some reaction to just the game and they will be alright next week etc.

We are seeing the signs again based on players speaking out, being traded etc. The look of Wilson when plays are called, the lack of emotional support by Wilson for the rest of the players when not playing is a change also.

OKay I agree with most except the "the lack of emotional support by Wilson for the rest of the players "

It has been reported widely that Wilson has been helping the team a lot, and if you look at the sideline she is there talking to Geno, he is high fiving and if you remember it was Wilson who got the Wr to hurry up and get the ball back to the Ref so we could keep going. So I agree with most but sorry not that one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...d-while-rehabbing-helping-geno-smith-prepare/
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...ilson-embraces-new-role-supporting-geno-smith

etc etc

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1s063g1w said:
pittpnthrs":1s063g1w said:
I said it doesnt matter who the OC is because nothing will ever change, but people didnt want to hear that. It takes some people a long time to accept realizations.
Because even a blind squirrel can stumble onto a nut stash, & :roll: funny y'all would mention it taking SOME PEOPLE a long time to "Realize" >> That NOBODY likes or cares to hear from COCKY individuals, eh? :stirthepot:

Well i'm sorry you others have been wrong for such a long time, but at least most everybody is on the same page now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hoxrox":198x1sa9 said:

Metcalf and Lockette are playing so i'm not sure how Eskridge is even in this conversation.

Collins is better than Carson anyways, but Pete needs to validate his pick with Penny so he'll steal a bunch of carries he should never have.

The OC has been hamstrung since game 2 when he had all the pieces. The scheme matters a lot and its Petes.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":159rjzc4 said:
hoxrox":159rjzc4 said:

Metcalf and Lockette are playing so i'm not sure how Eskridge is even in this conversation.

Collins is better than Carson anyways, but Pete needs to validate his pick with Penny so he'll steal a bunch of carries he should never have.

The OC has been hamstrung since game 2 when he had all the pieces. The scheme matters a lot and its Petes.

Agreed and I would argue he has been hamstrung since 2nd half of game 1

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2g4ms3pa said:
chris98251":2g4ms3pa said:

The Sherman Situation.

The Harvin situation.

The Bennett situation.

The Lynch situation.

The Cable situation.

The Tate Situation.

OKay I agree with most except the "the lack of emotional support by Wilson for the rest of the players "

It has been reported widely that Wilson has been helping the team a lot, and if you look at the sideline she is there talking to Geno, he is high fiving and if you remember it was Wilson who got the Wr to hurry up and get the ball back to the Ref so we could keep going. So I agree with most but sorry not that one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...d-while-rehabbing-helping-geno-smith-prepare/
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...ilson-embraces-new-role-supporting-geno-smith

etc etc

Not in the same way, he is workman like now, not emotionally excited and running around to pump up players and or congratulate, different behavior.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":kj2ncmsg said:
John63":kj2ncmsg said:
chris98251":kj2ncmsg said:

The Sherman Situation.

The Harvin situation.

The Bennett situation.

The Lynch situation.

The Cable situation.

The Tate Situation.

etc etc

Not in the same way, he is workman like now, not emotionally excited and running around to pump up players and or congratulate, different behavior.

I noticed RW was plenty pumped up when DK caught the 84 yard pass for TD on Monday night.
[youtube]CZrZOvdfnQ0[/youtube]

Looks plenty excited in that video. Beyond the point, it's strange to nit-pick him about "emotional excitement". Unless you are around him and the team, you couldn't possibly come to an accurate conclusion of his "emotional excitement. I don't think that other QBs were attached to their teams when recovering from significant injuries. I don't recall Tom Brady even being on the sidelines when he was out injured when he was with the Pats. At least RW is around the team. Criticizing him for his play that's one thing, but undermining his character when you have zero proof that is happening is another.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2mqxbo3z said:
chris98251":2mqxbo3z said:
John63":2mqxbo3z said:
chris98251":2mqxbo3z said:

The Sherman Situation.

The Harvin situation.

The Bennett situation.

The Lynch situation.

The Cable situation.

The Tate Situation.

etc etc

I noticed RW was plenty pumped up when DK caught the 84 yard pass for TD on Monday night.

Looks plenty excited in that video. Beyond the point, it's strange to nit-pick him about "emotional excitement". Unless you are around him and the team, you couldn't possibly come to an accurate conclusion of his "emotional excitement. I don't think that other QBs were attached to their teams when recovering from significant injuries. I don't recall Tom Brady even being on the sidelines when he was out injured when he was with the Pats. At least RW is around the team. Criticizing him for his play that's one thing, but undermining his character when you have zero proof that is happening is another.

For fucks sake watch him on the sidelines, jesus you guys can pick a situational thing up and use that as the mandate for all encompassing .

If I was going to attack his character you would know, he does some great things for the area, but his schtick is getting old and tarnished and he isn't so squeaky clean as he wants us to think he is now is he.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2seffmbk said:
hawkfan68":2seffmbk said:
chris98251":2seffmbk said:
John63":2seffmbk said:

etc etc

For f*** sake watch him on the sidelines, jesus you guys can pick a situational thing up and use that as the mandate for all encompassing .

If I was going to attack his character you would know, he does some great things for the area, but his schtick is getting old and tarnished and he isn't so squeaky clean as he wants us to think he is now is he.

Ah now I get it, basically, there is nothing but you want to make us believe there I, to further push your narrative. So now you are resorting to what you think he is doing or not doing based on isolated times during a game where you see him. Interesting you were just saying "Jesus you guys can pick a situational thing up and use that as the mandate for all-encompassing. " yet that is exactly what you are doing. Hypocrite much.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":cpe3nqiw said:
chris98251":cpe3nqiw said:
hawkfan68":cpe3nqiw said:
chris98251":cpe3nqiw said:

For f*** sake watch him on the sidelines, jesus you guys can pick a situational thing up and use that as the mandate for all encompassing .

Ah now I get it, basically, there is nothing but you want to make us believe there I, to further push your narrative. So now you are resorting to what you think he is doing or not doing based on isolated times during a game where you see him. Interesting you were just saying "Jesus you guys can pick a situational thing up and use that as the mandate for all-encompassing. " yet that is exactly what you are doing. Hypocrite much.

So setting up a trade destination list, scowling and rolling eyes on plays called on sidelines, changing plays from what was working first half against Colts to hero ball in the second half. It's a lot of little things.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3nreszd5 said:
John63":3nreszd5 said:
chris98251":3nreszd5 said:
hawkfan68":3nreszd5 said:

So setting up a trade destination list, scowling and rolling eyes on plays called on sidelines, changing plays from what was working first half against Colts to hero ball in the second half. It's a lot of little things.

So lets go one by one

First please show were Wilson set up a trade list? His agent responded to a question, but Wilson did not say anything. Other than he did not want to be traded.

2nd okay he did not agree with the play so what. Lynch gave PC the finger for a play call. Baldwin yelled at the OC. Sherman yelled at the dc. So what. Wilson did not yell. Was not trying to make.it public it just became public and all he did was roll his eyes. Okay guess what the play did not work.

3. Please prove he changed all the plays in the 2nd half of the Colts game? Bet u can't. In fact maybe u should look at the play by play. Wilson through 11 passes in the 2nd half. 8 short 3 long. So your wrong.

Seems these little things as u call it. Are not based on facts but instead what u want to believe is happening with no proof at all and in fact go against what actually happened.