Thank You Seahawks!!!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Good for Michigan! To bad he'll only be ther 2-4 years, because he will never be able to live with the fact his brother has a ring and he doesn't. But in that time, he should get UM back on a solid path.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
CPHawk":3g9x6f39 said:
Good for Michigan! To bad he'll only be ther 2-4 years, because he will never be able to live with the fact his brother has a ring and he doesn't. But in that time, he should get UM back on a solid path.

It's an 8 year contract dude.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":19x6vste said:
CPHawk":19x6vste said:

What's that matter?

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
CPHawk":5pfapft6 said:
SeaWolv":5pfapft6 said:
CPHawk":5pfapft6 said:

What's that matter?
Apparently you haven't been following the Harbaugh drama. Jim is a man of honor and is loyal to his team until it's no longer his team. Unlike others he honors his contracts and commitments. He's under contract with his Alma Mater for 8 years.

Why do you feel the need to crap on the happiness of a fellow Hawk fan with regard to his college team?

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3mmiu6cy said:
CPHawk":3mmiu6cy said:
SeaWolv":3mmiu6cy said:
CPHawk":3mmiu6cy said:

What's that matter?
Apparently you haven't been following the Harbaugh drama. Jim is a man of honor and is loyal to his team until it's no longer his team. Unlike others he honors his contracts and commitments. He's under contract with his Alma Mater for 8 years.

Why do you feel the need to crap on the happiness of a fellow Hawk fan with regard to his college team?

No one is crapping in your happiness. But Jimmy will always want to win a SB, whether you like it or not. He'll hire some solid assistants and leave UM well off when he leaves. Stanford didn't even win a confrence title until he left. Did he honor his contract with Stanford or SF?

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3fa29zsx said:
Not only have you made my dreams come true by winning SBXLVIII but your're doing it again with the prospect of back to back SB wins with your resurgent defensive efforts in the wake of Wagner's return.

Having said all that it gets even better. With the sweep of the hated Niners this season which will pave the way for Harbaugh's to return to Ann Arbor to coach my other favorite team the UM Wolverines. You may be giddy to see the Hawks not only knock him out of the playoffs but also out of the NFL because you hate him. Yes he can be a whiney bitch but he's also, like him or not, a pretty good football coach who's skills are better suited for the NCAA than the NFL.

The Wolverines need him in order to have any hope of returning to their former glory. College players respond better to his Bo Schembechler style of coaching and he won't run the risk of losing a locker room like he did in Santa Clara.

So thank you again Seahawks for making my Christmas and I'm sure Steve Schilling (avatar) thanks you too.

The only problem I foresee for you is that Hairball isn't gonna be able to "build" a winner. He'll be able to coach the good talent that is there already, but I have doubts that he will be able to sustain ANYTHING.

Hairball will use the two seasons with the talent brought in over the past two years to get himself another NFL gig and then the Wolverines will be back where they are today only without great talent left behind by Hairball.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeaWolv":18mtzple said:
CPHawk":18mtzple said:
SeaWolv":18mtzple said:
CPHawk":18mtzple said:

What's that matter?

I am with ya there Seawolv. GoHawks and GoBlue! I am still going to have to get over the nausea of rooting for Harbaugh but the Wolverines are my other football team and boy have they stunk it up for awhile. Harbaugh may be a douche but he is one hell of a football coach and Michigan needs him.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, will they now be the Doucherines?

Or the Wolverdouches?

Khakerines

Wolverkhakis

????????

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
CPHawk":1bc63myz said:
No one is crapping in your happiness. But Jimmy will always want to win a SB, whether you like it or not. He'll hire some solid assistants and leave UM well off when he leaves. Stanford didn't even win a confrence title until he left. Did he honor his contract with Stanford or SF?

Can't compare what he did at Stanford to what he's going to do at his ALMA MATER.

Largent80

Reaction score
Personally, I hope Harbs kicks ass at Michigan. They have suffered for quite a while and even though he had success at SF, this will be a challenge way better than putting the SF mess back together.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":326pxfmn said:
CPHawk":326pxfmn said:

Can't compare what he did at Stanford to what he's going to do at his ALMA MATER.

I guarantee it won't be as good as it was with Luck...and that wasn't even very good.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":1mh47orx said:
SeaWolv":1mh47orx said:
Not only have you made my dreams come true by winning SBXLVIII but your're doing it again with the prospect of back to back SB wins with your resurgent defensive efforts in the wake of Wagner's return.

Having said all that it gets even better. With the sweep of the hated Niners this season which will pave the way for Harbaugh's to return to Ann Arbor to coach my other favorite team the UM Wolverines. You may be giddy to see the Hawks not only knock him out of the playoffs but also out of the NFL because you hate him. Yes he can be a whiney bitch but he's also, like him or not, a pretty good football coach who's skills are better suited for the NCAA than the NFL.

The Wolverines need him in order to have any hope of returning to their former glory. College players respond better to his Bo Schembechler style of coaching and he won't run the risk of losing a locker room like he did in Santa Clara.

So thank you again Seahawks for making my Christmas and I'm sure Steve Schilling (avatar) thanks you too.

The only problem I foresee for you is that Hairball isn't gonna be able to "build" a winner. He'll be able to coach the good talent that is there already, but I have doubts that he will be able to sustain ANYTHING.

Hairball will use the two seasons with the talent brought in over the past two years to get himself another NFL gig and then the Wolverines will be back where they are today only without great talent left behind by Hairball.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to what John has actually done with his career.He's won everywhere he's gone. Turned around both SDSU and Stanford. Took the Niners to 3 NFCCG's and a SB in his first 3 years in the NFL. No coach has done that before. Now you may not like Jim because he's the face of the Niners, I get that I don't like the Niners either, but don't say ignorant things like he won't be able to build a winner.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":1uboakga said:
SeaWolv":1uboakga said:
CPHawk":1uboakga said:

I guarantee it won't be as good as it was with Luck...and that wasn't even very good.

I'm sorry but anyone who talks in certainties like that is an idiot.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":4cpkfxqw said:
Personally, I hope Harbs kicks ass at Michigan. They have suffered for quite a while and even though he had success at SF, this will be a challenge way better than putting the SF mess back together.
(((Like)))

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":dpo0oo4r said:
rideaducati":dpo0oo4r said:
SeaWolv":dpo0oo4r said:
CPHawk":dpo0oo4r said:

I'm sorry but anyone who talks in certainties like that is an idiot.

Anyone that calls me an idiot is an idiot.

I could see Hairball doing well if Michigan was stocked with really good talent, but he isn't going to be.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Sorry no one can know what he is going to do SeaWolv all we can go by us what he has done. So far he hasn't honored a Contract either of the last two.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
homerun1970":1vl0rbjf said:
Sorry no one can know what he is going to do SeaWolv all we can go by us what he has done. So far he hasn't honored a Contract either of the last two.

No, Jim and the Niners mutually agreed to part ways. That is not the same thing as not honoring a contract. The Niners have been wanting to get rid of Harbaugh since before the attempted trade with Cleveland earlier this year.

As for the Stanford contract no one knows what his contract was, not even you, because Stanford is a private institution and doesn't have to disclose their coaching contracts. Not to mention there are many associated with Stanford, faculty and alumni, that would look negatively at football coaches making more than the teaching faculty. So there is no way you or anyone else outside of those in the know that could claim Harbaugh didn't honor his contract there. He clearly had a buyout clause that the Niners paid. So there were stipulations in his contract that allowed for early departures.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I still don't see his personality lasting eight years anywhere. Buying out of a contract is not the same as fulfilling a contract.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
homerun1970":1iju9hz0 said:
I still don't see his personality lasting eight years anywhere. Buying out of a contract is not the same as fulfilling a contract.

Now you're splitting hairs. If a contract says that after 4 years you can take another job as long as your new team satisfies the buyout clause how is that not fulfilling the contract?

It may be your opinion he doesn't stay at UM for 8 years and you might be right. I'll still take whatever I can get from Harbaugh at UM and hope that his love of UM, Ann Arbor and Bo's legacy may be enough to keep him there longer. If not hopefully he'll make the job more attractive for the next coach.