Thank You Seahawks!!!

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3scchllv said:
homerun1970":3scchllv said:
Sorry no one can know what he is going to do SeaWolv all we can go by us what he has done. So far he hasn't honored a Contract either of the last two.

No, Jim and the Niners mutually agreed to part ways. That is not the same thing as not honoring a contract. The Niners have been wanting to get rid of Harbaugh since before the attempted trade with Cleveland earlier this year.

As for the Stanford contract no one knows what his contract was, not even you, because Stanford is a private institution and doesn't have to disclose their coaching contracts. Not to mention there are many associated with Stanford, faculty and alumni, that would look negatively at football coaches making more than the teaching faculty. So there is no way you or anyone else outside of those in the know that could claim Harbaugh didn't honor his contract there. He clearly had a buyout clause that the Niners paid. So there were stipulations in his contract that allowed for early departures.

I was wrong about Jim going to Michigan (or at least it appears that way right now), but the length of Jims doesn't mean a thing.

He is free to leave for the NFL whenever he wishes. He's been pushing for a raise behind the scenes in SF for 2 years now. The way you are talking about him makes him sound like a perfect Angel. LOL.

I've been accused of defending him o here ALOT but man...seriously...you are setting yourself up for a letdown if you really think he'll coach out all 8 seasons in order to honor his contract.

He'll jump as soon as an NFL job comes along that he really likes.

That doesn't mean he won't have success at Michigan and it doesn't mean that he's be gone right away, but come on now...you're being a bit utopian here.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Even if he doesn't stay though his contract, it's still a great day for Michigan. His name will bring in talent, and he'll get them into bowl games. College teams take years to build up. The next coach will have much more to work with. Congratulations.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Oh I think he is a good hire no doubt I just don't see 8 years as realistic. His brother would back me on that I think. Jim will be all out of friends and wanting to move where people aren't sick of him. His history hasn't put him a long time anywhere.

CPHawk

Reaction score
So whos the bigger douche bag? Urb or Jimmy?

irocdave

Reaction score
Marv / Melvin calling another JH courter a "utopian". WOW, LOL, WTF...my INTP personality wants to have some fun but I think this dead horse has already been beaten to a pulp.

JH is a good coach and hope him the best in the NCAA world unless he locks horns with the UW.