The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dang, loved the outcome.
Usually I would have tuned out at being behind 6-0 in the first, but I was running errands, and then went over to my folks house who had the game on.

Hoping this sparks this team’s confidence for the rest of the year.
Hopefully it’s one of those “they shouldn’t be winning like this” but they are too young to know any better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":371x09nn said:
That was one of the most epic games I've ever seen. Dylan Moore and the bullpen heroes of the day. And to to it against the Asstros was so sweet!
Any win against the Asterisks (*) is a good win. :2thumbs:

balakoth

Reaction score
Anyone see Correra staring at his card and put it away.. WHile Tom Murphy is eye balling him in a camera closeup at 1-2 count... and then takes the walk? He literally knew what they knew and used it against them.

Good on that man...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell what a win last night. That had some serious intensity to it that was missing in the last several years. This team has heart and isn't intimidated by anyone. Including the Cheatstro's. F them, their fans and their entire team.
Down 7-0, zero panic. 24th come from behind win. When that Grand Slam was crushed, I went nuts. Seeing the intensity in the crowd, from the players etc. While I haven't thought of them as a playoff team in 2021, it's hard to not start thinking it's a real possibility that they get a wild card spot, this season.
Seeing Servais actually have some fire, dropping F bombs across the way at the players and coaches, all good stuff.

sutz

Reaction score
Gotta echo all the comments above. Hell, even McCaughan cleaned up his act and pitched a couple of damn good innings after he got shelled in the first. If he hadn't done that, the bullpen probably couldn't have covered for 7-8 innings. They been working hard lately. Him going 4, set us up for the comeback.

Oh, and BTW...maybe the best part was it wasn't a one run game. Pretty emphatic way to end the game. 5 grand slams this year, all by different guys. I said it a couple of weeks ago, we have the makings of a good ball club here.

Now, I hope they don't trade Hanniger. I think we need to hang onto him at least until Rodriguez comes up next year or so.

Oh, and Kelenic. May not be hitting quite yet, but that walk in the bottom of the 8th was a damn good AB against a good veteran pitcher. Looks like he's seeing the ball better and learning to lay off the bad pitches.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point on Kelenic, clearly he is starting to be a little more disciplined. We have to remember he just turned what 22?

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30jzasc9 said:
Good point on Kelenic, clearly he is starting to be a little more disciplined. We have to remember he just turned what 22?
Yes, and he only had about 30 games (check me on that) max in AAA, a couple before the first callup, and a couple of weeks work when he got sent back down. He's certainly better than AAA pitching, but just getting his groove on in The Show. It probably helped that the 'Stros left their right handed pitcher in to face him, too. :mrgreen:

Ruminator

Reaction score
A great win that will mean even more if the Ms also win the series or better. That would also help put a lid on that 'stros cockiness 'til they leave town, some of which I think we all saw a bit of in the earlier innings.

sutz

Reaction score
Ruminator":1gybzovn said:
A great win that will mean even more if the Ms also win the series or better. That would also help put a lid on that 'stros cockiness 'til they leave town, some of which I think we all saw a bit of in the earlier innings.
The 'Stros are the team that has basically owned the M's for the last 5 years or more. Nice to see some passion. Man, when their pitcher plunked JP in the top of the 9th, I thought Servais was gonna blow a gasket. The whole team was worked up.

Two more games this weekend, with our best pitchers on the mound. Gonna be a dog fight. No way the M's of two years ago come back from a 7 run deficit in the 4th inning like the boys did last night. Gotta love the heart.

I repeat, I hope they don't sell Hanniger for some AA/AAA 'prospects.' It's time to go for it. We've got lots of guys coming up through the system. Spend some money on a couple of guys to help us win now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, hell no to trading Hanniger. He is the best player on the team imo. You can't just let the guy go, period.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What a great win last night. This team has a lot of heart and fight in them

ivotuk

Reaction score
Any ideas on how someone that lives in Fairbanks, Alaska can watch or stream the Mariners? I keep looking for it on fubo and ESPN, but no luck.

I know they restrict it some, but one would think Alaska could be outside of those restrictions?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ivotuk":1qjwaej9 said:
Any ideas on how someone that lives in Fairbanks, Alaska can watch or stream the Mariners? I keep looking for it on fubo and ESPN, but no luck.

I know they restrict it some, but one would think Alaska could be outside of those restrictions?

Can't you get it on mlb.com.. or the mlb tv channel?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ivotuk":22nqy1uo said:

The games are on Root Sports which you have to have a cable subscription to get. Otherwise you can sign up for MLB.tv to watch out of market games.

Otherwise, piracy is the only recourse.

DJrmb

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":21hutlih said:
ivotuk":21hutlih said:

The games are on Root Sports which you have to have a cable subscription to get. Otherwise you can sign up for MLB.tv to watch out of market games.

Otherwise, piracy is the only recourse.

You can also get Root sports (the Mariners network) on AT&T's streaming service.

https://thestreamable.com/channels/root-sports-northwest

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Ooof. I don't like trading Graveman to the ******* Asstros. Then again I know nothing about this Toro other than his pro numbers are underwhelming.