The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
They got to Gilbert in the 3rd inning. Only 3 runs, but 41 pitches to get 2 outs. Oh well. Chargois finished the 3rd with no more damage, at least.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Kelenic still can't hit, but he atleast worked 2 walks, 1 led to the walk off run.

No way you trade Haniger at this point unless you get a ridiculous package for him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1dhcpxd3 said:
Kelenic still can't hit, but he atleast worked 2 walks, 1 led to the walk off run.

No way you trade Haniger at this point unless you get a ridiculous package for him.
Jarred fouled off a mistake/meatball and right down the middle in the 9th, glad he worked a walk out of it, but he needs to square up the mistake pitches.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What chance do you guys give the Mariners of making the playoffs? I think it's probably 25%. Just not sure we can catch Oakland, they always seem to be our kyrptonite. Still can't forget that one season we had like a 10 game lead on them in the second half of the season and we went totally cold and they went on a huge streak and finished like 8 games ahead of us. I think that was the season we extended Dipoto and Servais mid season, and then shortly after that the team struggled.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":21c99oh5 said:
What chance do you guys give the Mariners of making the playoffs? I think it's probably 25%. Just not sure we can catch Oakland, they always seem to be our kyrptonite. Still can't forget that one season we had like a 10 game lead on them in the second half of the season and we won't totally cold and they went on a huge streak and finished like 8 games ahead of us. I think that was the season we extended Dipoto and Servais mid season, and then shortly after that the team struggled.
This week should tell us a lot. We're doing OK against the A's so far, but at the rate we're going today, Marco won't go 5 for sure. He's already over 50 pitches after 2 innings. Bullpen is getting worked hard and there isn't a rest day before the 'Stros come to town.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":q6mvbvhf said:
What chance do you guys give the Mariners of making the playoffs? I think it's probably 25%. Just not sure we can catch Oakland, they always seem to be our kyrptonite. Still can't forget that one season we had like a 10 game lead on them in the second half of the season and we went totally cold and they went on a huge streak and finished like 8 games ahead of us. I think that was the season we extended Dipoto and Servais mid season, and then shortly after that the team struggled.

I'd say 10% at best. I don't think they make a move for a pitcher before the deadline and they just don't have the starting pitching at the moment to make up for the lack of offense. I'd love to be wrong and maybe Marco, Kelenic can be the guys we need them to but as they always say next year is the year for sure.

sutz

Reaction score
I was wrong about Marco. Good job. 5 2/3 and leaves with the lead. After throwing so many pitches in the first two innings, he really settled down. :2thumbs:

Let's see if the bullpen can continue their stellar work.

Oh, and as for the question, 25% doesn't seem too far off the mark.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":h2yepsin said:
I'm surprised no one has brought up Seager's tag on Chapman. Probably saved the game.
Yep the throw and the tag were outstanding. :2thumbs:
Would like to see our starting pitching go deeper into games as the bullpen which has FAR exceeded expectations so far is going to get tired and burned out at some point.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I would say 25% if not buying. However i think they get a SP and 2nd baseman. So i will say 50%.

Mariners are 5 over vs teams with a winning record. Oakland, TB, Bluejays do not. Houston is awesome vs winning teams.

Ruminator

Reaction score
A couple of our guys hitting better in August and September (with no one regressing) would also bode well for the M's chances to notch one of the wildcard spots. And Gilbert bouncing back. (Yes, it was just one bad outing but that's what it needs to be, just one.)

Funny how the M's tend to win by narrow margins and lose by larger margins. That -52 run differential is usually associated with a team several games below .500, not above. But, that's the M's for you.

Not going to put a % on it. Will just be fun (hopefully) to watch them the rest of the way.

balakoth

Reaction score
We keep throwing random ass shmucks out there like Darren and we aren't going anywhere.. holy balls

sutz

Reaction score
And welcome to the big leagues, Mr McCaughan. :34853_doh:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well damn.. gonna break out the Rye bread... how about that..

Crizilla

Reaction score
Servais nailed that one. That's how you claw back in a big league game.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
That was one of the most epic games I've ever seen. Dylan Moore and the bullpen heroes of the day. And to to it against the Asstros was so sweet!

Latest posts