The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1zl5uorf said:
I'm tired of making excuses for Kelenic. His actions today were so selfish.

You're batting under .150 dude. Shut up and do better. If I was his teammate I'd be getting tired of his games.
He’s actually hitting well lately, .275 August.

I get how his temper flare ups get annoying.
I’d rather have that though than someone acts like, oh well I struck out and not give a crap.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think the team is falling back down to earth, probably would have happened even if we kept Graveman. The run differential and the record in one run games definitely shows that we were due for games to not go our way.

It’s all about how the young kids do from here on out. A lot of focus on the front office this off-season. If big moves aren’t made then this franchise doesn’t care about winning.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ex9oape said:
I think the team is falling back down to earth, probably would have happened even if we kept Graveman. The run differential and the record in one run games definitely shows that we were due for games to not go our way.

It’s all about how the young kids do from here on out. A lot of focus on the front office this off-season. If big moves aren’t made then this franchise doesn’t care about winning.
Good post, well stated.

sutz

Reaction score
We need to also keep in mind that the kids have now played more games in one season than they ever have in their lives, and they have nearly 50 games to go. The MLB season is a grind like few others.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":33bactmz said:
We need to also keep in mind that the kids have now played more games in one season than they ever have in their lives, and they have nearly 50 games to go. The MLB season is a grind like few others.
Good point.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Once again the offense lets the team down. Based loaded at the end of the game no out couldnt score. At this point shop whatever pitching you have. Keep Gilbert and Kikuchi. Besides that? Shop em'. Build a good line up first. They're 50% the way there of a playoff contending line up. Do what Houston did. Build a sick line up and then worry about pitching and bullpen especially at the trade dead line each season. I'm hoping when Julio is brought up it takes more pressure off Kelenic.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty much done watching them this season. They likely finish 10 games or more behind the second wild card. I think a lot of fans are feeling let down because the team overachieved so much early on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1b7y4wqz said:
Yeah I’m pretty much done watching them this season. They likely finish 10 games or more behind the second wild card. I think a lot of fans are feeling let down because the team overachieved so much early on.
They are making another nobody with a 6+ ERA look like the second coming of CY Young.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, at least Torrens got the walk off hit, scoring JK from 3rd. :2thumbs:

Hard to imagine why we have so much trouble against that team. :34853_doh:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I enjoy reading these posts throughout the baseball season. You guys have so much enthusiasm in the beginning. And this year they looked good for half the year. So your hopes were very high.

And now they suck again. I’m sorry but it’s the same thing every year and I just want to thank all of you for the entertainment. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HawkinNY":13gsilts said:
I enjoy reading these posts throughout the baseball season. You guys have so much enthusiasm in the beginning. And this year they looked good for half the year. So your hopes were very high.

And now they suck again. I’m sorry but it’s the same thing every year and I just want to thank all of you for the entertainment. Lol

One day, in a far away future, when the Mariners win the World series and bandwagon fans come out of nowhere, you'll think back to this thread and remember the team had passionate fans before the success!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Jerhawk":oj2umx2r said:
HawkinNY":oj2umx2r said:

One day, in a far away future, when the Mariners win the World series and bandwagon fans come out of nowhere, you'll think back to this thread and remember the team had passionate fans before the success!
Amen! :irishdrinkers:

balakoth

Reaction score
I keep seeing once again offense let the team down. Iwas at the first game.. best seats ive ever had in 30 years of going to games

Aside from Tom Murphy not double clutching that tag.. and the 3rd base coach holding up TWO GOD DAMN RUNNERS WHO WOULD HAVE SCORED>

THis was NOT on the offense, but the coaching. WHy does Castillo go in before Sewald on that lineup as well?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1pe5qftf said:
HawkinNY":1pe5qftf said:

I def wish you guys win one. I’ll be rooting for them. As much as I laugh at some of these posts. I want you guys to see your team win one. Just like when the hawks won. That amazing feeling. I’m a Yankees fan and 1996 was like that for me. I hope one day you guys really get to see them win one. ESP the older fans who have just been through hell with this team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkinNY":111g8ttv said:
Jerhawk":111g8ttv said:
HawkinNY":111g8ttv said:

I def wish you guys win one. I’ll be rooting for them. As much as I laugh at some of these posts. I want you guys to see your team win one. Just like when the hawks won. That amazing feeling. I’m a Yankees fan and 1996 was like that for me. I hope one day you guys really get to see them win one. ESP the older fans who have just been through hell with this team.

So do I!

Seattle Mariners are the only current MLB team to never appear in a World Series. I wish I didn’t love the sport of baseball so much.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
True they haven't gotten there yet but will..There are and were teams that
didn't go back to a WS longer than the M's have existed so there is that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3d8btc3l said:
True they haven't gotten there yet but will..There are and were teams that
didn't go back to a WS longer than the M's have existed so there is that.
I hope so. I’m tired of waiting. I was 8 when I first went to the 2nd game of their existence in 1977.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would rather see a JK walk off grand slam or walk off hit, but I’ll settle for a walk off walk. 8)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dave Simms wouldnt stop gloating over the Jays the entire game seriously what was that? , but then again i forgot he has no local ties here, hes a random, then he also couldn't see that the blue jay runner was out and it wasnt even that close. Murphy clearly got him on the forarm you see the glove move against his arm.