The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pn136ha said:
12-3 and 15-1 back to back stompings by the asterisk’s.
Looks like reality has set in.

We don't stand a chance against that team it's so demoralizing

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don’t really care about the games anymore. My worry is about the future. So much of this team hinges on the young prospects. But what if Kelenic isn’t all that special? Outside of a small stretch of games when the team went to NY, he’s looked pretty awful all season. What if Gilbert is just an average starting pitcher? What if Lewis can’t stay healthy? These are all questions that may not have the answers Mariner fans want.

I don’t see us winning in free agency. Sure we will get some guys, but we can’t compete with the big teams. We need to hit on prospects. Our track record blows and so far what we’ve seen from the young guys doesn’t look great.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Houston being in the AL West makes no sense and never will. Are the M's going to be bullied by these guys forever? The AL West should be Seattle, Oakland, LAA, and Arizona.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3lfnu3jg said:
I don’t really care about the games anymore. My worry is about the future. So much of this team hinges on the young prospects. But what if Kelenic isn’t all that special? Outside of a small stretch of games when the team went to NY, he’s looked pretty awful all season. What if Gilbert is just an average starting pitcher? What if Lewis can’t stay healthy? These are all questions that may not have the answers Mariner fans want.

I don’t see us winning in free agency. Sure we will get some guys, but we can’t compete with the big teams. We need to hit on prospects. Our track record blows and so far what we’ve seen from the young guys doesn’t look great.
I think JK will hit eventually. He has hit at every level except in the small sample size of his MLB AB’s.
The best thing for him will be the off-season. I would like to see J-Rod START next season with the big club and then stop playing arbitration games with their top prospects.

I think those BS games is what set JK on the wrong track to begin with.
I’m not saying he wouldn’t have still struggled a bit but likely not as bad if he was in the right mindset from the get go.
Hoping he can reset his head in the off-season.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Jerhawk":16gfbros said:
Sports Hernia":16gfbros said:
12-3 and 15-1 back to back stompings by the asterisk’s.
Looks like reality has set in.

We don't stand a chance against that team it's so demoralizing

Yeah, it's a beatin'.

And including the next game the M's play the Asstros 7 more times this year.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm all good for now.
The future isn't all here yet and as I look at the lineup it's easy
to see a bunch of below .200 hitters after the 4 spots.
When we get more hitters with the pitching after this season
there will be a lot more wins.

getnasty

Reaction score
3 back of the 2nd WC. This team keeps hanging in there and should be getting Kyle Lewis back pretty soon.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
getnasty":33agcez1 said:
3 back of the 2nd WC. This team keeps hanging in there and should be getting Kyle Lewis back pretty soon.

Huge 2 game series vs oakland starting tonight.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3jaae42k said:
getnasty":3jaae42k said:

Huge 2 game series vs oakland starting tonight.
Seattle needs to take both IMHO. Starting to get to the point where they have no more wiggle room in the loss column.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Toro has more hits for the M's than Kelenic already, in half the amount of at-bats. Coaching staff isn't doing anything to help this kid out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":35ak1hr0 said:
Toro has more hits for the M's than Kelenic already, in half the amount of at-bats. Coaching staff isn't doing anything to help this kid out.
A hitting coach can only do so much. JK is only 22 years old. There is a level of immaturity there, and I say that as one of the biggest fans. The off-season will do him well and he can decompress and get out of his own head. He’ll be fine next year when he realizes he doesn’t have to hit a 5 run home run everytime up.

Toro is older and more mature and the best hitter on the team since the trade.
He and France are fun guys to watch.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice win to sweep the 2-fer over the A's.

Flexen dealing again. 6.2 innings, 1 run. Steck with the 2.1 inning save.

6-2 on the road trip, while losing the run differential by 9 runs. :laugh: Tell me again how important that is. :twisted:

1 game back of the A's in the WC standings with 4 agains the Royals coming up. Meanwhile A's host the Yanks for 4.

Still in it. :snack:

Crizilla

Reaction score
For Steck to do that was huge because it gave Sewald some rest. 7 (seven) hits today from the bottom of the line up.

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":1onciq15 said:
For Steck to do that was huge because it gave Sewald some rest. 7 (seven) hits today from the bottom of the line up.
Sewald was out today anyway, he's done 3 days straight IIRC. Rest day tomorrow, so good all around. Great job by Steck though.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Still 3 back of boston for last WC. However i think tb, yanks and redsox beat up each other. I think its us or Oak.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I'm going to the game this Sunday. The last game of a 4 game set vs KC. I've been to the 4th of 4 twice this season. Both times the Ms closed out a 4 game sweep. Time to make it 3.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":12gkn40g said:
I'm going to the game this Sunday. The last game of a 4 game set vs KC. I've been to the 4th of 4 twice this season. Both times the Ms closed out a 4 game sweep. Time to make it 3.

Holding you to it.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":16ezl4k3 said:
Still 3 back of boston for last WC. However i think tb, yanks and redsox beat up each other. I think its us or Oak.
Oak is playing like crap. So hopefully the yanks sweep them. Boston is due to have a bad run. Maybe like a 3-7 last ten. If the M’s keep winning series they have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1vqce80q said:
Shanegotyou11":1vqce80q said:
Oak is playing like crap. So hopefully the yanks sweep them. Boston is due to have a bad run. Maybe like a 3-7 last ten. If the M’s keep winning series they have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a M’s fan I’m so desperate for even a playoff game.
I’ll take a one and done at this point.