The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
2nd time this week JK has pulled that off IIRC. :twisted:

Sure, we'd all love a walk off grand slam, but if the guy won't throw anything close to the zone why should anybody swing at them.

:229031_shrug:

Vesuve

Reaction score
sutz":6m8f8x0q said:
2nd time this week JK has pulled that off IIRC. :twisted:

Yeah, and it's good to see.

Enjoyable game to watch.

It's good to see JK having fun also.

:irishdrinkers:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":n1clyg32 said:
Dave Simms wouldnt stop gloating over the Jays the entire game seriously what was that? , but then again i forgot he has no local ties here, hes a random, then he also couldn't see that the blue jay runner was out and it wasnt even that close. Murphy clearly got him on the forarm you see the glove move against his arm.

I can't stand Simms. It always feels like he's pulling for the other guys. I end up muting the broadcast when he's on the call and crank up some Zeppelin or Hendrix.
I wish they would swap Rizz and Simms.

Goldsmith is growing on me

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty sad, but right now, JK is better at laying off that outside slider than Seager is. :34853_doh:

Threedee

Reaction score
sutz":37t1mt1n said:
Pretty sad, but right now, JK is better at laying off that outside slider than Seager is. :34853_doh:

Well, it's good to see a younster actually develop in our system. Seager was the only one from his generation to do so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":3il4pzy5 said:
sutz":3il4pzy5 said:

Well, it's good to see a younster actually develop in our system. Seager was the only one from his generation to do so.
Adam Jones was the other but we traded him for “Mr. 5 and dive”.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11q9616c said:
IndyHawk":11q9616c said:
True they haven't gotten there yet but will..There are and were teams that
didn't go back to a WS longer than the M's have existed so there is that.
I hope so. I’m tired of waiting. I was 8 when I first went to the 2nd game of their existence in 1977.
We may have been at that same game lol..Baltimore or California?No matter.
Jr Mariners member?Got some cool stuff n tickets..I still remember that ugly yellow
wristband :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":r7q9bl3u said:
Sports Hernia":r7q9bl3u said:
IndyHawk":r7q9bl3u said:
I hope so. I’m tired of waiting. I was 8 when I first went to the 2nd game of their existence in 1977.
Jr Mariners member?Got some cool stuff n tickets..I still remember that ugly yellow
It was against the then California Angels. Seattle lost 7-0.
My uncle knew one of the Mariners players (he coached him in highschool) and we got tickets thru the player.

I was also a junior mariner though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2l28fv0e said:
Sports Hernia":2l28fv0e said:
IndyHawk":2l28fv0e said:
It was against the then California Angels. Seattle lost 7-0.
My uncle knew one of the Mariners players (he coached him in highschool) and we got tickets thru the player.

I was also a junior mariner though.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's the middle of August and the Mariners are 8 games above .500. Even if they don't end their playoff drought this season, it still counts as a successful one so far for me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":12x9vd6w said:
It's the middle of August and the Mariners are 8 games above .500. Even if they don't end their playoff drought this season, it still counts as a successful one so far for me.
Sure. But the glaring holes are obvious, which is a good thing if you can plug them thru FA, trades, and minor league talent.

I don’t see the Mariners winning bidding wars for top FA talent against the yankees, dodgers, angels, Padres etc etc etc.
What I do expect is the “hey, we tried”, excuse when they fail however.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vmppqcg said:
Threedee":1vmppqcg said:
sutz":1vmppqcg said:

Adam Jones was the other but we traded him for “Mr. 5 and dive”.

Well, you can include Chris Taylor and others (Smoak?) if you include the ones that we gave-up on, and handed off to competent developmental organizations. The greatest failure of the Zduriencik regime wasn't making boneheaded deals and acquisitions (ala Bavasi), but, in the systemic failure across the organization to properly develop players. Something we had actually been quite good at under Woody Woodpecker, Pat Gillick, and Bavasi.

We'll never know if Nick Franklin, Brad Miller, and Dustin Ackley (etc) could have been successful players under different circumstances.

Crizilla

Reaction score
That Nola for France trade was a good one, looks like it's helping out both teams. Would be nice to have Nola's stats at catcher but France is carrying the offense right now, he may have a case for best player on the team.

sutz

Reaction score
They do have an amazing ability to make a blowout interesting. :mrgreen:

Yeah, France pretty much won the game personally in the 11th with the double play in the top and the dinger in the bottom. :2thumbs:

Pity they blew another gem by Flex. :34853_doh:

Hanniger heating back up certainly helps. Big test this weekend. They have a deeper batting order, but we still have some pretty good pitching and defense. 'Stros coming off a 1-4 stretch lately. :snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3nwc6ycv said:
They do have an amazing ability to make a blowout interesting. :mrgreen:

Yeah, France pretty much won the game personally in the 11th with the double play in the top and the dinger in the bottom. :2thumbs:

Pity they blew another gem by Flex. :34853_doh:

Hanniger heating back up certainly helps. Big test this weekend. They have a deeper batting order, but we still have some pretty good pitching and defense. 'Stros coming off a 1-4 stretch lately. :snack:
Pretty much sums up my feelings. Angered by the bullpen failure in the 9th today, but they’ve been a strength so far overall.

balakoth

Reaction score
They keep putting Misiewicz in... and he's been worse than Montero all year.... it kills momentum and then puts another pitcher in an ass situation.. which most of you then use as valuation of a trade

Even though Graveman hasn't even pitched as many innings.. and has already given up just as much ERA

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
balakoth":39hqwco4 said:
They keep putting Misiewicz in... and he's been worse than Montero all year.... it kills momentum and then puts another pitcher in an ass situation.. which most of you then use as valuation of a trade

Even though Graveman hasn't even pitched as many innings.. and has already given up just as much ERA
He and the guy we got from TB are stinking it up.

Then YK today throwing BP giving up 7 runs in less than 3 innings
He’s been bad since the AS break, edit, actually 2 starts before the AS break.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good gawd how I hate the Houston Trashcans/Asterisks!
Just had to say it. Cheating $&@%’s!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12-3 and 15-1 back to back stompings by the asterisk’s.
Looks like reality has set in.

Latest posts