sutz

Reaction score
34 runners left on base in 3 games. :34853_doh:

That's some world class ineptitude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They done!
Almost got us to September this year.

This next offseason and next year is “put up” or “shut up” time for the front office and ownership group.
Tick tock.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1xyxvyrn said:
They done!
Almost got us to September this year.

Yeah, done as dinner.

We play 6 more games against Houston.

This next offseason and next year is “put up” or “shut up” time for the front office and ownership group.
Tick tock.

Yup.

Next year is Dip's 7th year.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":c0ejuhav said:
I'm going to the game this Sunday. The last game of a 4 game set vs KC. I've been to the 4th of 4 twice this season. Both times the Ms closed out a 4 game sweep. Time to make it 3.

Well, hopefully I don't witness the end of another 4 game sweep today...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They definitely overachieved, but they never should lose three straight at home to KC in the midst of a playoff run.

I would personally give Dipoto a two year extension, but if we are way out of the hunt by the all star break I would fire him. I do think he deserves a chance next season to fully see the rebuild. But we can’t keep pushing the target one year back. Next season is it. Like the above poster mentioned, it is put up or shut up.

As fun as this season has been, I feel like they bring very little momentum into next season. I’d much rather them be 20 games under .500 but have Kelenic playing well, Kyle Lewis healthy and building off his rookie season, Gilbert improving, etc. but that’s not the case. The best part of this team is their grit and bullpen, both of those could easily not carry over to next season.

Right now the only keeps that you can pencil in for production are Haniger, France and Crawford. Although I heard it is not out of the question that rhe M’s bring in a SS and move Crawford. Kelenic, and Lewis should be good, but are unproven. That leaves about four spots that we need to fill. Ideally we find a 2B, 3B, catcher, 1B/DH, an ace and probably another starting pitcher. There is a lot of shuffling to do, France could also move to 3B, and technically we could go after a SS and move Crawford to 2B but so much of his value is his defense at SS.

I can see outcomes for next season that go from making the playoffs all the way to winning 70 games. A lot hinges on the young kids and Dipoto bringing in free agents. So many unknowns. All we want here is playoff baseball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2afwyov5 said:
They definitely overachieved, but they never should lose three straight at home to KC in the midst of a playoff run.

I would personally give Dipoto a two year extension, but if we are way out of the hunt by the all star break I would fire him. I do think he deserves a chance next season to fully see the rebuild. But we can’t keep pushing the target one year back. Next season is it. Like the above poster mentioned, it is put up or shut up.

As fun as this season has been, I feel like they bring very little momentum into next season. I’d much rather them be 20 games under .500 but have Kelenic playing well, Kyle Lewis healthy and building off his rookie season, Gilbert improving, etc. but that’s not the case. The best part of this team is their grit and bullpen, both of those could easily not carry over to next season.

Right now the only keeps that you can pencil in for production are Haniger, France and Crawford. Although I heard it is not out of the question that rhe M’s bring in a SS and move Crawford. Kelenic, and Lewis should be good, but are unproven. That leaves about four spots that we need to fill. Ideally we find a 2B, 3B, catcher, 1B/DH, an ace and probably another starting pitcher. There is a lot of shuffling to do, France could also move to 3B, and technically we could go after a SS and move Crawford to 2B but so much of his value is his defense at SS.

I can see outcomes for next season that go from making the playoffs all the way to winning 70 games. A lot hinges on the young kids and Dipoto bringing in free agents. So many unknowns. All we want here is playoff baseball.
Great post. Agree on just about everything you posted. Especially the we can’t keep pushing things a year back notion that the FO seems bent on. IMO Covid gave them 2 “free years” and then didn’t take advantage of that opportunity.

Last year they could have brought up guys like Kelenic, and if he struggled in 2019 so what, it was a throw away year anyhow. Having him at “the summer camp” in Tacoma shagging fly balls and taking BP off of 60 year old dead arm coaches instead of playing in real games against real talent hurt his development IMHO.

This team is more worried about playing “arbitration games” with their prospects which is going to eventually bite them in the ass when it’s comes up to contract renewal time, where the player makes them pay top dollar or they lose the player via FA, or they have to trade the player 2 years before the contract is up to get any value out of the player.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pbh12jo said:
Why are they still pitching to Perez?
Walk him!
I know, right? :34853_doh: Hottest guy on the planet and we're pitching to him in a situation where he could have tied the game on one swing? :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Scratched out another 1 run win. Strange series. Everything we hit seemed to find leather.

Crizilla

Reaction score
that might have been a 4 game sweep if they just walked Perez every time lmao. 2-8 against DET and KC. Still 3 against KC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":oyjc2o3u said:
Abraham Toro getting a grand slam off of Kendall Graveman is *chefs kiss*.
Yeah, that trade is looking better. 8)
Maybe Toro will be an Astro killler, like Jay Buhner was a Yankee killer to the Yankees. 8)

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see good Yusei show up. Pity our bats couldn't get him the win. Hopefully, good Logan Gilbert shows up today.

Yeah, for now anyway, I'll take an everyday Toro for a 2-3 times a week Graveman. Kid has been hammering the ball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ruminator":2k97n2i2 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2k97n2i2 said:
Abraham Toro getting a grand slam off of Kendall Graveman is *chefs kiss*.

Oh, nice! So does that mean Graveman still plays for the Ms?
Yes but the asterisks are paying him. 8)

Latest posts