The Carson injury was dirty

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":37pe3icb said:
JustTheTip":37pe3icb said:
Maelstrom787":37pe3icb said:
I went ahead and edited the pecker's wikipedia page to make sure this is part of his lasting legacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trysten_Hill

Hill was penalized for the helmet to helmet on Wilson.

Hmm.

I'm really not sure why I thought he wasn't. Weird.

Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe because the refs usually ignore Wilson taking a head shot.

CD_Hawks

Reaction score
I came here to see if anyone else saw the same thing. Same dude with the late hit / helmet to helmet hit on Russell also. Like I needed even more reason to hate that whole organization starting from the top.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Carson injured his leg late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 38-31 Seahawks victory on a short two-yard run when

Cowboys defensive lineman Trysten Hill appeared to twist the running back's leg as he rolled over to make the tackle. The action appeared unnecessary and could cost Hill's pocketbook.

Rapoport noted that Hill will likely be fined, but not suspended for the egregious tackle.

How long Carson might miss due to the injury remains a question for after the MRI. The hope is that the starting tailback, who led the Seahawks with 64 yards rushing on 14 totes Sunday, and has three receiving scores on the young season, won't miss much time if any.

If he does have to sit for a game or two, Carlos Hyde would see his role increase and Travis Homer would move up the depth chart in a Seahawks offense that would have even more reason to Let Russ Cook sans Carson.

https://www.nfl.com/news/injury-roundup ... nee-sprain

Msfann

Reaction score
The guy should be suspended until Carson can play again.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio reports Pete is "pissed" over the dirty hit. Clearly Florio is even more pissed:

"It was an old-school dirty hit, the kind of thing that happened before free agency made players realize that there’s a brotherhood that extends far beyond the silo that is their locker room, and before everyone became properly sensitive to the broader health and safety concerns regarding professional football players.

"Hill reportedly won’t be suspended. He should be. It’s unacceptable behavior that falls squarely beyond the boundaries of permissible contact. It’s a cowardly act on par with a sucker punch, and it has no place in the modern game of football.

"A fine won’t send that message. A suspension will. Even if the league is concerned that a suspension would be overturned on appeal, it’s critical that the league send an unambiguous message that this type of stuff will not be tolerated."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... is-carson/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I often don't like listening to Florio. But, he's 100 percent accurate here.
It's a chump/Coward move, period.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KJ_WRIGHT34/status/1310628640363671552[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Fuel to the fire.

McCarthy claims that Hill didn’t try to hurt Carson at all, and instead was just finishing the tackle.

“I don’t think that was his intent. I just think he was trying to wrap and roll. Trust me, there was zero intent involved there,” McCarthy said, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com.

Not a surprise really, remember our GB games the defense had a dirty side when they played us when he was coach.

FPD

Reaction score
McCarthy claims that Hill didn’t try to hurt Carson at all, and instead was just finishing the tackle.

I don’t think that was his intent. I just think he was trying to wrap and roll. Trust me, there was zero intent involved there,” McCarthy said, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com.

It wasn't his intent since he didn't DDT him. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2d1yfv4k said:
Fuel to the fire.

“I don’t think that was his intent. I just think he was trying to wrap and roll. Trust me, there was zero intent involved there,” McCarthy said, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com.

Not a surprise really, remember our GB games the defense had a dirty side when they played us when he was coach.

McCarthy is a quack head coach and this is just icing on the cake. I hope we play them again in the playoffs so that we can beat them again.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":30t7s0ry said:
chris98251":30t7s0ry said:
Fuel to the fire.

McCarthy is a quack head coach and this is just icing on the cake. I hope we play them again in the playoffs so that we can beat them again.

I hope they don't get to the playoffs, personally.

Latest posts