The Eagles game will show how much respect Pete has...

strohmin

Reaction score
...from his players.

I dont care what your record is or how much talent you have or dont have. If the players really respect Pete as a head coach, they will absolutely come out and smack the eagles. It's no longer about making the playoffs but more about playing hard for a coach that always has your back no matter how bad things are. Will the players have Pete's back?

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Or the Eagles are gonna wake up and beat us silly no matter how hard they try...Eagles are a superior team.
And if they do, then we will know for sure that Pete has lost this team.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
You have to be able to actually tackle the guy with the ball to win.
If they respect Pete, they will find a way to make a hard tackle. This is a game Pete really really needs.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hawks will beat the Eagles. Wait and see. You heard it here first.
You too huh?

I've got that feeling as well. It comes from no where logical. It just feels like something a Carroll led team will do. It could be how we outplayed Dallas and how the Eagles struggled to score this week.

It could be that I see PC doing just enough to bring him back next year for another Jeff Fisher year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This was essentially KJ's take on his podcast last night. He doesn't get the sense (some) players are buying into Pete's message, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, too busy with their social media nonsense, and there's a lot of bullshit behind the scenes not being handled that now translates to the field. There's no one like Earl or ADB who calls out the nonsense to your face, especially critical of the dudes around DK laughing about his ejection. He really focused on Woolen's complete lack of physicality (said you aren't a WR from no where Texas anymore, you're a DB on the Seahawks, learn to hit like a man or get outta here) and all 3 safeties in particular.

His overall message is a statement from Pete needs to be made today, no feel-good tell the truth Monday about improving, the original 2010 cutthroat has to come out and say your services aren't working, we are going to roll with who wants to be a part of a winning culture. Whether that's coaches or players, both of which he feels are inadequate, something big must be done to salvage the season. Particularly damning that he doesn't feel anyone behind the scenes has the ability to be calling plays, seemingly including Hurtt.

He also thinks no one on defense is calling out the BS of other guys and something akin to a locker room fist fight needs to happen. Gave a bunch of examples where things just weren't working during their glory years and the big dogs made it known to your face you gotta be better, not giving a shit about your feelings. People got pissed, fights happened, but they went out onto the field angry and ultimately grew from it.

Slick

Reaction score
You have a link to KJs podcast? I can never seem to find it. I’d like to hear last night’s.

acctingman

Reaction score
6-8...just breathe it in

I also agree that Pete has lost this locker room. No leadership other than Wags, but I'm not sure he even cares. Think he knows this is it for him. He's too old to give a shit.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
wheels have fallen off. We're not beating the iggles. I see maybe two wins.