The Eagles game will show how much respect Pete has...

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
So does this mean that the players respect Pete, and that he hasn't lost the locker room?
Yes, as I said, if there ever was a game to show their appreciation for pete, it was thia one.

mistaowen

Reaction score
So does this mean that the players respect Pete, and that he hasn't lost the locker room?

I’d say so. There was still brain farts but overall the defense felt more in tune. I saw more pre-snap communication tonight than I can recall for the whole last month. Would have to assume Pete’s messaging this week was different in the locker room, demanding accountability. He needs to keep on them.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’d say so. There was still brain farts but overall the defense felt more in tune. I saw more pre-snap communication tonight than I can recall for the whole last month. Would have to assume Pete’s messaging this week was different in the locker room, demanding accountability. He needs to keep on them.
They played as a team. And hung in there. Even when I doubted them

evergreen

Reaction score
He lost me for a while. But I’m back on board. Hard to lose so much without doubt creeping in.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The difference in the game is the Hawks really stopped the Eagles from having explosive plays. As said above by keeping the ball in front of them. All in all save for the problematic and almost automatic 3rd down conversions the D played well last night.

Looks like there is some tasty crow to be eaten by some posters in this thread. Always tastier with the sauce of a W.

cymatica

Reaction score
The difference in the game is the Hawks really stopped the Eagles from having explosive plays. As said above by keeping the ball in front of them. All in all save for the problematic and almost automatic 3rd down conversions the D played well last night.

Looks like there is some tasty crow to be eaten by some posters in this thread. Always tastier with the sauce of a W.
If they win out and prove they can compete in the playoffs, then sure. They snapped a 4 game losing streak by barely beating the Eagles at home, an Eagles team that has been pretty bad on defense and who got completely destroyed by SF and Dallas. This was a must win for Pete for several reasons, and he barely squeezed out a win, no crow yet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I know he hasn't benched any of these prima donnas for an opening series.

That's one of many possible step 2s after talking with them privately (step 1).

Possible step 3 is benching for a game.

I have my doubts as to whether PC ever did step 1.

KJ touched on it in his podcast and the many articles and interviews I've consumed all support one character trait of PC. Instead of confronting players directly he has his locker room guys do it for him. PC apparently does not like direct confrontation and having the hard conversations. I've seen it before, and it never ends well.
Pete likely PREFERS to have the players who are in the trenches/fray TOGETHER, hold each other accountable, and keep COMMUNICATIONS OPEN= Teamwork= What KJ Wright was hammering on.

"Step 1", Schmep one, you're speculating an undesirable take on PC without even knowing what he Has or Hasn't done behind the scenes.
On your "Primadonna's" gig, how good did Adams look in that game?

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
It was like a Rocky movie. Had this team on the ropes, about to get knocked out (of the playoffs). 92 yards to go with a back up QB.

Then boom - haymaker after haymaker. DK, JSN, and Julian Love for the victory.

It was awesome.

The fanbase threw in the towel, but the locker room did not. Not on this day.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rockem Sockem Robots.....uppercut uppercut uppercut....haymaker.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If they win out and prove they can compete in the playoffs, then sure. They snapped a 4 game losing streak by barely beating the Eagles at home, an Eagles team that has been pretty bad on defense and who got completely destroyed by SF and Dallas. This was a must win for Pete for several reasons, and he barely squeezed out a win, no crow yet.

Always the qualification. Enjoy the W it was a significant W.

The Eagles were until last night statistically the top team in the NFC. However, they were in a skid, and now aren’t the top team anymore. Even if you thought SF now he top team was last night as well. There is no doubt though the Eagles came to play last night and yet the Hawks won against a strong team playing with resolve to win.

“Barely beating, barely squeezed out”, whatever. The Hawks came from behind against a top team and took a W from them the Eagles needed. In that there is a lot to be very happy about. Was it a Schmidt kicking? Nope, but it still was a very satisfying W, the Hawks matched their physicality.

There is lots to still work on, and lots that was done right. I. We’d to see more consistency from the D but was happy with last night. Do I still have reservations about the D, for sure.

The way the Seahawks got it done last night was very satisfying as the Eagles came in as a favoured team yet our guys fought to the end and stole the W from them.

A W is a W, and style wise that W looked pretty good.