"They wrote me off, but I ain't write back"

keasley45

Reaction score
That win was due to the defense, not Geno.

Geno moved the chains and had a great night. But he wasn't the difference. The difference was the defense.

Wow. Seriously. I think you've just out quoted John63. And that's virtually impossible to do.

The defense didn't put 14 points on the board and keep Denvers O on the bench for a good bit of 2.5 Qtrs.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I guess. The defense played all 4 quarters though.

Had 2 goal line stands and shut the opposing QB down essentially.

17 points total at home isn't even great. But it was sufficient. Get all excited about Geno if you want. Nobody is stopping you.

But the hero of that game was the D.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I guess. The defense played all 4 quarters though.

Had 2 goal line stands and shut the opposing QB down essentially.

17 points total at home isn't even great. But it was sufficient. Get all excited about Geno if you want. Nobody is stopping you.

But the hero of that game was the D.
I'm guessing you must be a joy to be around at home and at work....

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Great quote by Geno. Happy for him. Now, win a game where you lead the offense to score any points in the second half. Geno was on point the first half of that game. He needs to carry through and stay consistent.

camdawg

Reaction score
That win was due to the defense, not Geno.

Geno moved the chains and had a great night. But he wasn't the difference. The difference was the defense.
Thank you for being honest.

Yes, Geno's amazing first half happened. The second half also happened when we did nothing on offense, and our defense had one of the gutsiest performances in franchise history. That second half is much closer to what Geno has historically been than his amazing first half.

That's not to say he can't play good football. But what we're probably going to get is 2011 Tarvaris, without the awful games from early in that season.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Props to Geno to sticking with it and putting on a conservative show tonight.

However, some of these quotes like this just strike me as so self-arrogant.

Just like Wilson's garbage quote about carrying the team, this Geno quote just reeks of lack of awareness. Like yeah... they wrote you off for very good reasons, like terrible performances for years and years in a row. To be "incensed" that someone "dare" write you off when they have literally all the proof in the world to do so just seems... idiotic.

knownone

Reaction score
Hot Take: Both sides of the ball played well.

Geno performed as advertised.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geno played well. Hopefully it continues. I liked his decision making, a lot. Nothing wrong with dink and dunk offense. I hope to be very wrong about him all season. But he showed me something last night that I haven't seen from him. He played well in a huge game on a big stage. And, he LOOKED DOWNFIELD while scrambling around. Been wanting to see that. Tip of the cap. The defense may have given up a lot of yards, but made a lot of plays. This was a total team win. And the coaches did a hell of a job too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I agree with what KJ said though about Geno. He needs to not be overly conservative in the 2nd half of the game. I trust a former player's opinion a lot. Especially KJ.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
But I didn't write back. Sounds a hell of a lot better than how they quoted it.
But it isn't accurate. The thread title is correct. Let it be what it is. Poor grammar, sure, but it captures the emotion of the moment. I didn't really even notice the poor grammar until the media corrected it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Geno did amazing in 1st half and meh in 2nd half. If you want to be honest, 17 points will win you maybe 10% of NFL games.

You still take this win and be happy for Gebo but you will need more.

Latest posts