Time to shake it off

Welshers2

Reaction score
Nearly three years ago to the day Tampa Bay was dismantled by the New Orleans by the score of 38-3. It sent their record down to 6-3 and the entire fan base was in uproar. I distinctly remember fans saying to fire Arians and bench Brady. What happened? They shook it off and won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying the Hawks will win the Super Bowl but I'm saying the season isn't over. We've bounced back before. The season was over after week 1 according to some, then we beat the Lions the next week. The talent is there. On to a very winnable game against the Commanders next week. Beat them and improve to 6-3. Time to move forward.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Or it could be as simple as Seattle not having the ability to field a SB team every year.

Some years they will have a good team but not a SB team. Just enjoy the season for what it is. Pretty simple.
Yeah, Geno is practically indistinguishable from Tom Brady, aside from all the championships.
my point was not that the seahawks are a super bowl team. i was just saying it's an example of why you have to move on.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Waldron needs to flush this down the toilet and run the ball until we can at will, seriously, it is our only hope. And it's a decent choice honestly we have the horses and the type of linemen, I think? ie run/man linemen

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I honestly really do hate to say it, because I think at this point it's obvious, we need at least 33% two TE sets of which we run 90% out of per game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, Geno is practically indistinguishable from Tom Brady, aside from all the championships.

Yep and beating the Commanders should right the ship although the next 5 games after is the toughest stretch of the schedule.

Rat

Reaction score
Brady's three games before that beat-down:

28/40 279yd 2TD 0INT 106.1rtg
33/45 369yd 4TD 0INT 127.0rtg (1 rushing TD also)
17/27 166yd 2TD 0INT 104.9rtg

Also worth noting that last game listed was a 38-10 win over the then 4-0 Packers.

Geno's three games before today:

23/37 254yd 2TD 2INT 78.0rtg
18/24 219yd 2TD 1INT 113.0rtg
27/41 326yd 0TD 2INT 69.8rtg

That's 8 TDs and no picks for Brady compared to 4 TDs and 5 INTs for Geno. There was a lot more reason to think Brady's bad outing was a one-week blip. Also, Tom Brady was Tom Brady.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
some of the slant runs they did against us were beautiful for them just not for us and it led the way to complete shutdown of our scheme on both sides of the ball but hey , there's always next week uh wait we don't have too many of those left cuz other than commanders and az it could tough sledding
Pete is starting to sound like russ lol
We can play better as we have to be better but without better play calling on both sides we are who we are

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
some of the slant runs they did against us were beautiful for them just not for us and it led the way to complete shutdown of our scheme on both sides of the ball but hey , there's always next week uh wait we don't have too many of those left cuz other than commanders and az it could tough sledding
Pete is starting to sound like russ lol
We can play better as we have to be better but without better play calling on both sides we are who we are
They did to us what we should have done to them. Waldrons failure to adjust is becoming evident in the past two weeks. Maybe he just sucks against the AFC North. And the rams.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
my point was not that the seahawks are a super bowl team. i was just saying it's an example of why you have to move on.
I'm asking because I genuinely don't remember, but, before that Tampa L was Tommy on a similar or comparable decline to Geno? Because, IMHO, THAT is the detail that all of the "it's just ONE GAME. Can't win 'em all!" crowd seemingly overlooking somehow.

I would TOTALLY agree with that contingent of posters if, indeed, this game by Geno was an actual anomaly. But, truthfully, son has been speedily declining to this point of his game for a good minute now. It really is beginning to look as if this REALLY IS who he is. And the season, unfortunately, gets no easier.

I would love to siphon some of that confidence from some of those among us who have it...and would also LOVE to know exactly what it is y'all are seeing that instills said confidence in you.

Last edited:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Brady's three games before that beat-down:

28/40 279yd 2TD 0INT 106.1rtg
33/45 369yd 4TD 0INT 127.0rtg (1 rushing TD also)
17/27 166yd 2TD 0INT 104.9rtg

Also worth noting that last game listed was a 38-10 win over the then 4-0 Packers.

Geno's three games before today:

23/37 254yd 2TD 2INT 78.0rtg
18/24 219yd 2TD 1INT 113.0rtg
27/41 326yd 0TD 2INT 69.8rtg

That's 8 TDs and no picks for Brady compared to 4 TDs and 5 INTs for Geno. There was a lot more reason to think Brady's bad outing was a one-week blip. Also, Tom Brady was Tom Brady.
Ok, nevermind. This answers my questions.

Reactions: Rat

Fade

Reaction score
Ah, the "It's just one game!" Argument.

Tacitly admitting Geno is crap, but it's okay, as it's only 1 game.

Problem.

It's been 16 games of a consistent downward trajectory. And he is getting worse.

Opponents have film on him now, they took away his running game, and he just continues to puke all over himself.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm asking because I genuinely don't remember, but, before that Tampa L was Tommy on a similar or comparable decline to Geno? Because, IMHO, THAT is the detail that all of the "it's just ONE GAME. Can't win 'em all!" crowd seemingly overlooking somehow.

I would TOTALLY agree with that contingent of posters if, indeed, this game by Geno was an actual anomaly. But, truthfully, son has been speedily declining to this point of his game for a good minute now. It really is beginning to look as if this REALLY IS who he is. And the season, unfortunately, gets no easier.

I would love to siphon some of that confidence from some of those among us who have it...and would also LOVE to know exactly what it is y'all are seeing that instills said confidence in you.
We're 2-2 during Geno's struggles. And we've played three good-to-great defenses. The Ravens game is the only one where Geno and the offense have been a complete disaster. And it's unfair to place all those struggles on Geno's shoulders.

Luckily, we're unlikely to play another defense as good as the Ravens or Browns. So we'll see if this is who Geno is or if this is just a rough patch in our season.

Wheetie

Reaction score
If anyone was wondering, 37-3 is how the Seahawks currently stack up against the #1 Defense and likely the #1 MVP candidate. However the Seahawks are ranked #1 in having fun so there is that...Sure, shake it off and get back to work.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Sure, shake it off and get back to work.
That's the whole point of the thread. What else do you want the team to do? You post as if you want them to just shut down the season and end it now. OK just stop watching then. The only thing the team can possibly do going forward is get back to work. You go with the b lows and do your best. I'm a fan of the team and if Geno turns out not to be it then so be it. But if you want to try and enjoy the season the only thing you can do is move forward.

Wheetie

Reaction score
That's the whole point of the thread. What else do you want the team to do? You post as if you want them to just shut down the season and end it now. OK just stop watching then. The only thing the team can possibly do going forward is get back to work. You go with the b lows and do your best. I'm a fan of the team and if Geno turns out not to be it then so be it. But if you want to try and enjoy the season the only thing you can do is move forward.
You're making an assumption about what I want. You can't be in my head because my wife takes up all the space there. What I want is for them to tighten up the culture a bit and not have such a llaisez faire attitude relying on how good they look on paper. They've got the pieces, now they need to find the hunger and the will to adjust both in pregame planning as well as in game changes and not just rely on the "notable names" they've added.

That said, am I still allowed to watch the games moving forward Welsher? And boy I sure hope they don't shut down the season. Then I'd have to watch curling.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
You're making an assumption about what I want. You can't be in my head because my wife takes up all the space there. What I want is for them to tighten up the culture a bit and not have such a llaisez faire attitude relying on how good they look on paper. They've got the pieces, now they need to find the hunger and the will to adjust both in pregame planning as well as in game changes and not just rely on the "notable names" they've added.

That said, am I still allowed to watch the games moving forward Welsher? And boy I sure hope they don't shut down the season. Then I'd have to watch curling.
OK this I can agree with. I was responding to you basically saying don't shake it off in a prior post. They have no choice but to move on. But I do acknowledge and agree with your assertion that changes should be made