Time to shake it off

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I've been playing that song by Pink Fyold from the wall, its called "goodbye cruel world" I'm not sure I'll make it to Sunday, but yah.... A win always helps. I want "Might" though.

P.S. Shaking Spock has helped.
He said "Shake it Off" not Shake it 'til it falls off LOLOLOL

rjdriver

Reaction score
It' rare for the Seahawks to get their doors blown off. I would be surprised if it happened again this season.

I hope you are right..

Problem is, sooner or later, defenses are going to start holding on to the balls thrown into their numbers for pick sixes and scoring drive killing picks. It's becoming customary to have Geno bailed out by sticky fingers every week, sooner or later that luck runs out.

If it does, I see a at lease one of those big three teams handling us with margin to spare.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I get too wound up in the results of the Seahawks games. Whenever we lose I take it personally. The way I get the stink of a loss off is to take a long hot shower followed but a COLD water rinse. Then I'm good to go next week. I remember to remind myself this is all just an nfl entertainment show, not a life changing deal. But I have to remind myself of that again every week!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A loss would ruin my week. I used to get SO mad, SO upset. But these days I might grumble a little and watch less football-related shows during the week if we lost, especially a stinker like this. Other than that, I shrug my shoulders and say "on to the next game." This is all because we won the Super Bowl, and did so in such glorious fashion.

It has mellowed me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mad for a day, then on to the next one. Same here, it would ruin my entire week. More important things to freak out about.
Another game this Sunday.

renofox

Reaction score
I still enjoy watching Seahawks games and following the team and talking about it. I got so see an SB win before I died and that already exceeded my expectations. I was looking for another SB win back then but, as usual, was disappointed. Oh, well.

Now, I never get upset with football because I never expect PCJS to take this team anywhere. Usually playoffs is there, but really never any thought that they'll actually win a playoff game. Wins are fun and losses are meh.

I am really looking forward to the sale since the current iteration has been stale for about 5 years. The rebuild with new faces will bring a lot of entertainment value - much more than the last 5-6 years combined.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
This team should be developing a pretty good size chip on their shoulders after a beat down like Sunday’s

strohmin

Reaction score
Nearly three years ago to the day Tampa Bay was dismantled by the New Orleans by the score of 38-3. It sent their record down to 6-3 and the entire fan base was in uproar. I distinctly remember fans saying to fire Arians and bench Brady. What happened? They shook it off and won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying the Hawks will win the Super Bowl but I'm saying the season isn't over. We've bounced back before. The season was over after week 1 according to some, then we beat the Lions the next week. The talent is there. On to a very winnable game against the Commanders next week. Beat them and improve to 6-3. Time to move forward.

No they shouldnt shake this loss off. They need to watch this film untill it burns into their memories. This game should be a reminder that they need to get their shit together and play smart football every game. Geno needs to protect the football when the plays arent working. The defense needs to start playing as if they need to win the game by scoring themselves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They need to learn from it and move forward. Dwelling on it isn't going to help them one bit. You think we are pissed off? Think how the players feel.
They were there, they're fully aware of what happened. Being pissed off on Sunday might be just what they need.
Yes, they DO need to shake it off. Standing around feeling sorry for themselves and/or pointing fingers accomplished nothing, imo.
They still have 9 games left; one game isn't going to ruin the season. Just win on Sunday.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
They need to learn from it and move forward. Dwelling on it isn't going to help them one bit. You think we are pissed off? Think how the players feel.
They were there, they're full aware of what happened. Being pissed off on Sunday might be just what they need.
Yes, they DO need to shake it off. They still have 9 games left, one game isn't going to ruin the season. Just win on Sunday.
Yep. The effect on the season of 37-3 is no different than if it was 37-36.

Bigger picture, an L is an L.

Back to work.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And we have Sunshine and Lollipops as our Coach. That dude won't allow this team to hang their heads.