Time to shake it off

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Ah, the "It's just one game!" Argument.

Tacitly admitting Geno is crap, but it's okay, as it's only 1 game.

Problem.

It's been 16 games of a consistent downward trajectory. And he is getting worse.

Opponents have film on him now, they took away his running game, and he just continues to puke all over himself.
I believe in him still. This is his darkest hour in his reboot. It’s make or break for him right now.

It is also embarrassing we haven’t been able to adjust. There HAVE been a bunch of linemen hurt, that IS a factor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I believe in him still. This is his darkest hour in his reboot. It’s make or break for him right now.

It is also embarrassing we haven’t been able to adjust. There HAVE been a bunch of linemen hurt, that IS a factor.
After all you've seen, you still think Geno is a QB that can take us deep in the playoffs?

cymatica

Reaction score

I don't understand how anyone can still believe in Geno. He might give a few more good games, but that's it. He is what he is with this team and we have a large enough sample size

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can still believe in Geno. He might give a few more good games, but that's it. He is what he is with this team and we have a large enough sample size
He’s not able to overcome when he doesn’t have a top ten line. This is it, one chance for the coaches to coach and save the season for a talented young roster. I understand the historical/contextual frustration as well, I am there with most I’d say. It’s frustrating.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm asking because I genuinely don't remember, but, before that Tampa L was Tommy on a similar or comparable decline to Geno? Because, IMHO, THAT is the detail that all of the "it's just ONE GAME. Can't win 'em all!" crowd seemingly overlooking somehow.

I would TOTALLY agree with that contingent of posters if, indeed, this game by Geno was an actual anomaly. But, truthfully, son has been speedily declining to this point of his game for a good minute now. It really is beginning to look as if this REALLY IS who he is. And the season, unfortunately, gets no easier.

I would love to siphon some of that confidence from some of those among us who have it...and would also LOVE to know exactly what it is y'all are seeing that instills said confidence in you.
37-3 shake it off ? Really.... How ?
LOL Well, what's the alternative? give in to despair & let it consume you, OR do what a good Quarterback is SUPPOSED to do, shake it off and try and not let it deter or derail you, and get your a$$ ready for the next Whistle-Stop.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ah, the "It's just one game!" Argument.

Tacitly admitting Geno is crap, but it's okay, as it's only 1 game.

Problem.

It's been 16 games of a consistent downward trajectory. And he is getting worse.

Opponents have film on him now, they took away his running game, and he just continues to puke all over himself.
Jebus Cristy, Snivel Much?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Geno was crap. The OLine was crap. The running game was crap. The play calling was crap.

The run D was absolute crap. The D generally was crap.

ST were nothing to write home about either.

In short the whole team played like crap, and the coaching sure doidn't help either.

Crap is as crap does.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Geno was crap. The OLine was crap. The running game was crap. The play calling was crap.

The run D was absolute crap. The D generally was crap.

ST were nothing to write home about either.

In short the whole team played like crap, and the coaching sure doidn't help either.

Crap is as crap does.
Punting game was good. ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brady's three games before that beat-down:

28/40 279yd 2TD 0INT 106.1rtg
33/45 369yd 4TD 0INT 127.0rtg (1 rushing TD also)
17/27 166yd 2TD 0INT 104.9rtg

Also worth noting that last game listed was a 38-10 win over the then 4-0 Packers.

Geno's three games before today:

23/37 254yd 2TD 2INT 78.0rtg
18/24 219yd 2TD 1INT 113.0rtg
27/41 326yd 0TD 2INT 69.8rtg

That's 8 TDs and no picks for Brady compared to 4 TDs and 5 INTs for Geno. There was a lot more reason to think Brady's bad outing was a one-week blip. Also, Tom Brady was Tom Brady.

Tom Brady CHOSE the Bucs. Why? Because they had sucked for a long time, having multiple #1 overall picks and were LOADED with talent from picking so high year after year.

We've never been that team that loses game after game, year after year.

You cannot compare Tom Brady's stats after having played for 20 years, and then choosing an elite team with an elite OLine, to Geno in his 2nd year, with a make shift OLine and an OC learning the ropes.

Chawker

Reaction score
37-3 We might as well dropped our pants at mid field to start the game.

37-3 Thats a shlacking, No way I'll ever forget this one.

I'll research how to shake it off, but 37-3 thats a tall order.

Cheers

rcaido

Reaction score
I was hoping this thread was a Taylor Swift Geno Smith memes. Sad face disappointed, same thread as the others.