Time to sign OBJ, or other established WR.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I just read an article that had him wanting to play for the Seahawks...but that was last year when Russ was the QB.

IDK, if he cost pennies, why not. But the Hawks need to ask themselves and find out why he can't stick around with 1 team.

GemCity

Reaction score
If Russ were QB, I’d say yes if we could get a legit third WR at a semi-decent cost.

Sounds like I’m big-upping Russ right? Wrong.

Russ doesn’t throw to TEs (sans Graham on 4th and save Pete mode). Geno spreads the ball. So while we haven’t gotten much out of WR3, we’ve definitely supplemented the passing game by realizing we can actually throw to TE.

Our issue are on defense. THAT has to be addressed first. FA, draft…whatever.

Let’s keep our draft capital and see what we see.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
We don't need OBJ and the Rams both need and want him.

I know this is an old thread from before we saw what our offense looks like this year but Seahawks shouldn't even be entertaining this.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
we need help at LB and edge rush. This defense is one of the worst in football

JPatera76

Reaction score
No, and I think OBJ is probably gunna end up with the vikings.

JPatera76

Reaction score
You resurrected the OBJ thread? :LOL:
Knee Jerk reaction by some who fear DK being out (as far as we know for now) I think He'll be fine, I think hope this is just Petes typical catch an opponent off guard like he did with PH. If the Giants dont account for DK and we make him active and he Plays, they gotta re-think the gameplan quickly.

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect DK will miss a week or two, minimum. I'd rather have him sit for a short stint than risk him long term.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I suspect DK will miss a week or two, minimum. I'd rather have him sit for a short stint than risk him long term.
If DK misses a couple of weeks, his targets will go to Marquise, Uncle Will, Fant and Parkinson, which is just fine with me. More targets should mean better execution as the season progresses.

Thus far, I'm quite impressed with Colby Parkinson's aggressive and efficient blocking, and reliable pass catching. He's come along slowly but I really like the progress I am seeing. He has the potential to be our TE1 by year's end.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The better question is how did Geno and the offence do without DK? That answer will tell you if we need a new WR.

I thought they did okay, but the threat of DK will pull the better CB away from others and that always helps.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The better question is how did Geno and the offence do without DK? That answer will tell you if we need a new WR.

I thought they did okay, but the threat of DK will pull the better CB away from others and that always helps.
A very valid point

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If DK was out for the rest of the season, or an extended period of time I'd entertain the idea of bringing in a vet WR like OBJ.

But the news is good, so I'm just fine with our WR corp that's now coming into their own as a deep and talented group.

So no thanks, don't want to disrupt a good thing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread and i don't think ive seen anyone mention his current prognosis to play is in Mid December.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Eskridge has shown nothing so far
He's barely had any playing time! You WILL be proved wrong on him.
I've looked through this thread and i don't think ive seen anyone mention his current prognosis to play is in Mid December.
Because that doesn't fit the narrative of "we need a WR!"

Question, how come nobody else is signing the often injured OBJ? Who would you cut? and where will the money come from?

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't hear that one? Where did you hear it? Pete was vague, but he always is. I expect him to miss a game or two, maybe slightly more, but hardly two months.

Latest posts