Time to sign OBJ, or other established WR.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Didn't hear that one? Where did you hear it? Pete was vague, but he always is. I expect him to miss a game or two, maybe slightly more, but hardly two months.
I think it's OBJ that will be back in mid December. Almost got me too.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The three tight end sets seemed to work really effectively
Even when they don't get the ball they're doing well. I don't know about the stats but from the eye test, Parkinson looks fast and is a great blocker. He's fast enough to motion across the formation and seal the corner or get to the second level. When he gets the ball he looks a lot faster than Disney. Not saying hes better than Disney or even Fast, but he seems like a tremendous athlete with a lot of uses out there that he seems to be very good at.

sutz

Reaction score
Even when they don't get the ball they're doing well. I don't know about the stats but from the eye test, Parkinson looks fast and is a great blocker. He's fast enough to motion across the formation and seal the corner or get to the second level. When he gets the ball he looks a lot faster than Disney. Not saying hes better than Disney or even Fast, but he seems like a tremendous athlete with a lot of uses out there that he seems to be very good at.
Dissly. ;)

Polk738

Reaction score
The three tight end sets seemed to work really effectively
I was thinking the exact same thing and it's not like the offense didn't score a single point when DK left the field, if anything it gave Goodwin a chance to show his worth (which he did) this isn't a heavy pass team anyway, it's a very balanced offense with a pretty damn good running game-not to mention Travis Homer is coming back-they'll be fine without DK

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I also agree that the Seahawks should and probably will trust the players that they have on the roster now. I am impressed with our receivers and tight ends. Beckham will make the difference for some team that is on the edge...not us. And DK is reportedly close to recovery and wants to play.
I don't think the team will be doing much trading other than offering Sidney Jones. They are so set up for next years draft and are kicking ass and leading the division.
Some people were saying earlier that we should trade for Baker Mayfield. I bet he is available... :)

Torc

Reaction score
I hear Antonio Brown might be available. :p

Goodwin looked quite impressive, and if anything they may use the 3 TE set more if Waldron needs the big bodies out there to catch passes. None of them is as fast as DK but this offense has some options with a QB who is ready to throw to them.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
This thread was created in Aug, before Goodwin show us that he could be that WR3. At the time, I was predicting a 9+ win season, and i thought to make a name in playoffs, we need a good WR3 to help out DK and Lockett. In the past 7 games, Goodwin stepped up, our 3 TEs was a force, that took the need to sign a WR3 like OBJ off the table. With DK and Lockett's injuries, I believe we could revisit the thought of signing a WR3.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DK and Lockett are more dinged than injured so I'm not sure I press the panic button yet. Trying to integrate a street free agent into a complex offence mid season is a huge challenge that rarely pays off. The dudes on the teams spent months learning the playbook. Next man up would be my recommendation.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The concern is rushing or allowing DK to rush back before he is fully healed. I hope that doesn't happen. TY Hilton is FA. While he may not be the threat he used to be. He's still has plenty of speed and can contribute.

JC Jackson, Chargers, also had a patella tendon injury. Except he ruptured his tendon and luckily DK didn't.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
AND he's engaged. So, he might finally get laid.

Production will fall off dramatically ;)

Now THAT is a weird story.
Not to derail the OP question...but there is some evidence that, depending on hotness, a pro sports player's productivity drops off after marrying...believed to be related to insecurity.

I know what's next...BS...show the data. :) It came from a radio sports guy I used to listen to in Phoenix ~10 years ago. He cited ~30 players across sports this happened to (mostly baseball players). Stats do not exist...but it sounded convincing at the time.

No value to anything...just something to ponder. :unsure:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Didn't hear that one? Where did you hear it? Pete was vague, but he always is. I expect him to miss a game or two, maybe slightly more, but hardly two months.
obj, not DK.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'm good to go with what we've got. If we want another hot receiver we can find one in the upcoming draft. We have a lot of picks in our grab bag. No need to spend big bucks on a soon to be has been. If we're going to spend money I would target a proven outstanding DT or DE or OLB.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OBJ to Seahawks made it on Chat Sports, but Suh may intrigue more?

Latest posts