Tony Pauline: Seahawks want to trade Wilson

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Man people just say shit to say it...not even knowing and just trying to prop themselves up. Ridiculous! Nobody cares about who you heard it from on less you specifically say Russell's/Pete or John's. Media sources are trash getting paid to run their dam mouth.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
So many weirdos in denial here.

Russell Wilson literally gave a list of teams he wants to be traded to, and there are multiple well known, reliable insiders giving you this info.

Do you guys see the Seahawks and/or Wilson denying any of these claims? It's the most talked about story in the national media, surely someone from either party is out there vehemently denying these claims?

This is fine

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm not a capoholic. If Russ were to be traded, would it free up any money for the team this year, or will the cap hit nullify that?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I keep seeing 'nothing to see here' and yet more keeps coming out.

Pete is a cancer. That people cannot see it is mindblowing.

Yes, he presided over one of the greatest moments in Seattle sports history. He engendered it. But right now he is enervating this team.

Pete's outlook makes no sense.

This is like the old Chicago Bulls saying "You know what Mike. You are very good. But we have a system. And feeding the post is fundamental basketball. We are going to feed Bill Cartright and Horace Grant regularly and then if we are behind with 10 minutes to go we will give you the ball and you can start taking shots to try to win the game for us"

Or the Golden State Warriors:

"Steph, no team wins titles shooting the 3. You need to pass the ball into the post. I know we don't really have a great post player but we have some guys we can platoon. And it should work if we stick to the fundamentals. Run and Gun is not fundamental basketball. I am not OK with you shooting 3s on a fast break. Just wait for the rest of the team so we can get into our offense."

Makes no sense. Pete is so wedded to his system that he has no value. He is a garbage HC that is dragging this team down with him because he will not get out of that chair.

Sure Pete drove a lot of success for this team. As the HC of a team Russell Wilson was on. Wilson was the engine for those wins, Pete just let it happen. It isn't as if Pete could engineer those wins without Wilson.

Makes ZERO sense what we are doing. And that our fanbase thinks everything is fine kills me.

We are getting screwed by Old Man Pete.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks want to trade Wilson as much as Wilson wants to be traded. So if Wilson doesn't want to be traded, then the Seahawks don't want him to be traded, either. Very clever wording by the author. But as you all know, nothing ever gets by me.

John63

Reaction score
massari":1ypwq63k said:
So many weirdos in denial here.

Russell Wilson literally gave a list of teams he wants to be traded to, and there are multiple well known, reliable insiders giving you this info.

Do you guys see the Seahawks and/or Wilson denying any of these claims? It's the most talked about story in the national media, surely someone from either party is out there vehemently denying these claims?

This is fine

Wilson did not give a list his agent did only after it came out the Hawks looked at several other QBs as recent as last year. You are right now one is denying it, nor are the confirming it. In the end right nw it is all BS

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't think Pete Is a garbage head coach but if it's him or Russ I ll take the hall of fame QB in his prime that has a good eight to ten years left over the oldest coach in the league. Who isnt great when it comes to game day management of the team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We will see what kind of coach Pete is without Wilson.

It probably will not be pretty.

I suspect it will be very Ty Willinghamesque.

But the truth will be coming....as will tons of excuses.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ok6tvow said:
We will see what kind of coach Pete is without Wilson.

It probably will not be pretty.

I suspect it will be very Ty Willinghamesque.

But the truth will be coming....as will tons of excuses.

we will but the problem is there will be excuses for PC.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
jammerhawk":b6hi2fhw said:
The old reliable source strikes again, this stuff is disturbing, but is the same ol' same ol'.

We'll see, what happens.

I agree with Aros.
When have you heard from a source as reliable as Pauline that the Seahawks actually want to trade Wilson, and that he only has one year max left in Seattle?

link would be appreciated.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":hlks2fyl said:
I keep seeing 'nothing to see here' and yet more keeps coming out.

Pete is a cancer. That people cannot see it is mindblowing.

Yes, he presided over one of the greatest moments in Seattle sports history. He engendered it. But right now he is enervating this team.

Pete's outlook makes no sense.

This is like the old Chicago Bulls saying "You know what Mike. You are very good. But we have a system. And feeding the post is fundamental basketball. We are going to feed Bill Cartright and Horace Grant regularly and then if we are behind with 10 minutes to go we will give you the ball and you can start taking shots to try to win the game for us"

Or the Golden State Warriors:

"Steph, no team wins titles shooting the 3. You need to pass the ball into the post. I know we don't really have a great post player but we have some guys we can platoon. And it should work if we stick to the fundamentals. Run and Gun is not fundamental basketball. I am not OK with you shooting 3s on a fast break. Just wait for the rest of the team so we can get into our offense."

Makes no sense. Pete is so wedded to his system that he has no value. He is a garbage HC that is dragging this team down with him because he will not get out of that chair.

Sure Pete drove a lot of success for this team. As the HC of a team RusselPetel Wilson was on. Wilson was the engine for those wins, Pete just let it happen. It isn't as if Pete could engineer those wins without Wilson.

Makes ZERO sense what we are doing. And that our fanbase thinks everything is fine kills me.

We are getting screwed by Old Man Pete.

Pete is a moron. Russ is an idiot. Both have put this team in this situation. Pete's tenure should have been over by now, but he was extended for another 5 years. Russ has brought his own problems upon himself. He's been very passive aggressive with how he's handled his concerns. Both should be gone, IMO. This team has no realistic shot at another SB with right now. I'm ready for a rebuild. I'm not discounting the success that both have brought to a city in desperate need of it. But when it's time, it's time.

Players and coaches come and go. No sense in growing too attached to them. It's not good for the soul.

Chawker

Reaction score
Its a wonder how the masses of people can be so gulible to the facts. Russell Wilson isn't going anywhere just quite yet. Lets look at the big picture.

1. We'd have to take a cap hit this year of around 39 million. Way to much to swallow!

2. If you have a player as good as Wilson is we'd want to trade him to a AFC team so he isn't whoop are azz 1 or 2 times each year.

3. The 12s love Russ !

4. Trade him would be just foolish and Pete and John know this.

5. Everybody just think about this and the light will shine. Its called common scince.

P.S. A trade may happen after june 1st the cap hit goes down then.

Go hawks !

chris98251

Reaction score
Chawker":2ezj0sdl said:
Its a wonder how the masses of people can be so gulible to the facts. Russell Wilson isn't going anywhere just quite yet. Lets look at the big picture.

1. We'd have to take a cap hit this year of around 39 million. Way to much to swallow!

2. If you have a player as good as Wilson is we'd want to trade him to a AFC team so he isn't whoop are azz 1 or 2 times each year.

3. The 12s love Russ !

4. Trade him would be just foolish and Pete and John know this.

5. Everybody just think about this and the light will shine. Its called common scince.

P.S. A trade may happen after june 1st the cap hit goes down then.

Go hawks !

12's loved Arod till.........

12's loved Junior till he said he wanted to sign with Cincy to win a World Series..... Yes he redeemed himself, Schott shot herself in the foot with her mouth there.

This is lining up like the two above situations.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is a lot more like the Randy Johnson circumstance.

We had to watch Randy be the lead horse to win the World Season (well 1 of 2 horses).

Was thrilled for him but it sucked as a Mariner fan.

We are going to have to watch Wilson take his team to deep runs into the playoffs.

Meanwhile, we won't be more relevant than the Browns and likely won't get to the playoffs for 5 or more years.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":373ciscs said:
It is a lot more like the Randy Johnson circumstance.

We had to watch Randy be the lead horse to win the World Season (well 1 of 2 horses).

Was thrilled for him but it sucked as a Mariner fan.

We are going to have to watch Wilson take his team to deep runs into the playoffs.

Meanwhile, we won't be more relevant than the Browns and likely won't get to the playoffs for 5 or more years.

That's one way of looking at it . Here's the other way we have no first round picks the next two years. We have very limited cap space . We have a QB who is no longer happy with the FO or the direction of the team and will not be resigning here or probably even playing out his contract. So your point is legit but so are the points i just outlined. The question is can we keep Wilson long term answer no they can't so how do we get maximum trade value and is it worth waiting another year to trade him . Considering this story isn't going away SF the Rams and even Arizona are all getting better and were not .

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
All true.

The very reason I pointed out that sticking with Pete has zero update. There is no path to success with him. Either slow, dragging mediocrity or cellar dweller.

The very reason it made more sense to give Russ whatever he wants. If Russ wants to burn your house down and kill a parrot then you pour the gasoline so he doesn't get in trouble for it. He is the starting QB. Your most important Seahawk.

He should be able to do whatever he wants. You don't have a choice.

You bet on Russ or you are just accepting failure. Even with Russ it isn't assured. But if you DON'T bet on Russ then failure is assured.

Just a matter of whether it is slow or fast.

CPHawk

Reaction score
So if this is somehow like Jr, Juicy and Johnson. Does that mean in 2023 we will go 16-0, and lose in the NFC title game?

chris98251

Reaction score
Invoking the Sonics again. Lenny Wilkins took over for Bob Hopkins, I think the Sonics were 0 and 17 at the time, he was able to put together a run and a team that eventually won a World Championship.

However his run faded, trying to recapture that same magic again never happened, it took another type of Coach to again push them to success with George Carl.

Pete has had a good run but again that magic he is trying to recapture is evasive sometimes you can't get lighting in a bottle twice. Victim of his own success, and then trying to assemble players that have the same goal, drive and vision, chemistry is different much like those Sonics teams.

Gus Williams and Dennis Johnson and Freddy Brown replaced by Gary Payton and Detlef, Sam Perkins for Jack Sikma, John Johnson for Shawn Kemp, Lonnie Shelton / Paul Silas for Hersey Hawkins add in Frank Brickowski.

We are just in a Transition at this point, Pete does not adapt we all know, he had a new vison when we all seen this start, now it's been adjusted too and we have no counter.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think Pete deseves heaps of praise for what he has accomplished here. He put to gether a great team and deserves to be revered. I also think that he is being too stubborn in not building this team around Russel at this point.
Russ isn't wrong in wanting this team built around him at this point. He is their best player by far at the most important position by far. He has lots and lots of quality years left. Pete does not. This decision is so completely obvious. YOU DO NOT TRADE A HALL OF FAME QB IN HIS PRIME!!!!!
Pete needs to be head CEO or something and move on from being game day coach. His game day decisions have been questionable for a while now but he can give a team vision and togetherness. Two important things.
Short of acquiring Watson there is no trade worthy of being considered.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":hz0vnf9c said:
I'm not a capoholic. If Russ were to be traded, would it free up any money for the team this year, or will the cap hit nullify that?

Ans: It depends on the timing of the trade and the trade terms. The hawks would be on the hook for $39 mil dead money upon the trade happening but the other team could as part of the trade agree to pay part of it.

Latest posts