Tony Pauline: Seahawks want to trade Wilson

bandiger

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":81vho1hd said:
It all comes back to a quote Fade made some time ago for me.

"Only the Seahawks would keep Mike McCarthy over Aaron Rodgers."

Thats unfolding right in front of us. It will be the biggest black eye in Seattle sports history. Years and years from now, fans and the sports world will be saying - "Remember when the Seahawks decided to keep their antiquated, dinosaur of a head coach instead of their HOF, franchise QB?". What a travesty.

Eh, I mean Pete runs the franchise basically after that extension. He has an owner that wants to be off hands a possible. Never give a coach that much power really.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34qtcq45 said:
pittpnthrs":34qtcq45 said:

Thats unfolding right in front of us. It will be the biggest black eye in Seattle sports history. Years and years from now, fans and the sports world will be saying - "Remember when the Seahawks decided to keep their antiquated, dinosaur of a head coach instead of their HOF, franchise QB?". What a travesty.

Russ isn't Rodgers, Carroll isn't McCarthy, and that analogy is not applicable to the situation.

You are right, Russ is no Rodgers, he actually beats winning teams.

Aaron Rodgers is widely known as one of the best and most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL. He can do just about anything on the football field and has single-handedly led the Packers to the NFC Championship game thanks to his otherworldly play in the past two months.

However, he may not be as clutch as we think. As discovered by Scott Kacsmar of Football Outsiders, Rodgers has never won a game in which he trailed by more than one point in the fourth quarter to a team with a winning record. He’s 0-35 in those games, which is shocking.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/one-stat-shows-aaron-rodgers-isnt-nearly-as-clutch-as-he-seems

This is where russ sits: # 17 all time

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=WilsRu00

Arron sits below Dave Krieg.

Zap90

Reaction score
bandiger":2iyan8a1 said:
pittpnthrs":2iyan8a1 said:

Eh, I mean Pete runs the franchise basically after that extension. He has an owner that wants to be off hands a possible. Never give a coach that much power really.

If you didn't give him that power in the beginning, then we wouldn't had sign PC, and Seattle wouldn't had won a superbowl. They would had started the season with Flynn.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
And he is younger than Rodgers. Trading Russ is mind numbingly stupid unless you get a guy like Watson back.
No offense to those Bears all pro players but they barely managed to get their team to 8-8 in a much worse division.
QB is vastly more important.

NJlargent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3gaq4alw said:

Fade’s quote does sum it up. I’m amazed there isn’t more people screaming for Pete to be fired. Whether he is some wonderful motivator or whatever, you protect your players, especially a generational QB.

This is on JA. She’s letting PC walk us to irrelevancy. We will have to suffer for six or seven years and then maybe we will be trending upwards at that time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The old reliable source strikes again, this stuff is disturbing, but is the same ol' same ol'.

We'll see, what happens.

I agree with Aros.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NJlargent":22g5vkwy said:
pittpnthrs":22g5vkwy said:

Fade’s quote does sum it up. I’m amazed there isn’t more people screaming for Pete to be fired. Whether he is some wonderful motivator or whatever, you protect your players, especially a generational QB.

This is on JA. She’s letting PC walk us to irrelevancy. We will have to suffer for six or seven years and then maybe we will be trending upwards at that time.

Pete could retire right now and Russ may still want out.

Those that are screaming about PETE OR RUSS/ RODGERS MCCARTHY!!!! are those that want Pete gone anyway.

Yet they are failing to read between the lines and notice this likely isnt about Pete at all, but rather a chance to get out of Seattle and to place he and his wife feel they can better cement his/their Legacy status.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yawn. Another day, another story for clicks.
Ignore the noise. Until he's traded, not gonna' worry about it. This place has become depressing...…..

ducks41468

Reaction score
pinksheets":3hc8cjxx said:
pittpnthrs":3hc8cjxx said:

It's totally possible it turns out this way, but Russ isn't Rodgers either.

Maybe PC/JS don't think Russ is as good as he thinks he is, which is why there's always been a leash on him. It's also possible that they're right. If Russ was told he can't check out of plays last year, Ok, but if he had that freedom and couldn't diagnose cover 2, maybe he really only can do the sandlot stuff at an elite level. And that stuff is fading for him.

I'd prefer they work it all out, but I also am open to the fact that either side could be right here.

If they do need to part ways, ideally it works out for both parties. Russ blossoms under a different coach, Pete finds a good replacement and we go back to drafting talent.

James in PA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2im83emb said:
Ignore the noise. Until he's traded, not gonna' worry about it. This place has become depressing...…..
That’s pretty much where I’m at, at this point. Last night there were a bunch of “tweets” about something going down today between the Hawks and Bears. I will believe it when I see it. If anything does happen, watch it not even be with the Bears. Some other team will come out of nowhere. Happens all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1we8hllu said:
NJlargent":1we8hllu said:
pittpnthrs":1we8hllu said:

Those that are screaming about PETE OR RUSS/ RODGERS MCCARTHY!!!! are those that want Pete gone anyway.

Yet they are failing to read between the lines and notice this likely isnt about Pete at all, but rather a chance to get out of Seattle and to place he and his wife feel they can better cement his/their Legacy status.

OR it could be exactly as Wilson said wanting a say and not being blown off.

We do know Wilson said he does not want to me traded

JPatera76

Reaction score
James in PA":3daav71p said:
SoulfishHawk":3daav71p said:
That’s pretty much where I’m at, at this point. Last night there were a bunch of “tweets” about something going down today between the Hawks and Bears. I will believe it when I see it. If anything does happen, watch it not even be with the Bears. Some other team will come out of nowhere. Happens all the time.

(Sarcasm) since people are using tweets Russell’s today is a bible verse,
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
#BVD

bandiger

Reaction score
Zap90":2mmchmgs said:
bandiger":2mmchmgs said:
pittpnthrs":2mmchmgs said:

If you didn't give him that power in the beginning, then we wouldn't had sign PC, and Seattle wouldn't had won a superbowl. They would had started the season with Flynn.

If Paul Allen was still here, this situation would have never gotten this bad. Paul was kinda involved and kept Pete in check probably act as a mediator between QB and Coach ala Kraft with Belichek and Brady.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":34nzm7t0 said:
Hawkpower":34nzm7t0 said:
NJlargent":34nzm7t0 said:
pittpnthrs":34nzm7t0 said:

Russ says lots of things. I guess you'll have to decide where the merit lies...

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/02/ ... ossibility

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There are no Russ quotes in the link that you provided? That's Cowherd speculation about Russell's wife?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":2gsp5kfu said:
Hawkpower":2gsp5kfu said:
NJlargent":2gsp5kfu said:
pittpnthrs":2gsp5kfu said:

We do know he provided a list ..You don't do that for nothing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1k35l6tl said:
There are no Russ quotes in the link that you provided? That's Cowherd speculation about Russell's wife?

True.

But that was a pretty national story reported on by several sources (sound familiar? Smoke and Fire?)

With as calculated as Russ is, there is no way that story made the rounds as long as it did without his blessing.

In fact when asked about it, he gave vague non answers and talked about his success at Met Life stadium.

James in PA

Reaction score
Tony Pauline can bite my ankle.