Want Earl Back at the Right Price? He Might be Available.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":27nzhc9a said:
rcaido":27nzhc9a said:
Mad Dog":27nzhc9a said:
rcaido":27nzhc9a said:
Obviously 2 years later, they are still playing high level play. I get the Seahawks didn't want to chance it, but also i get from Sherman & Earl bitterness that happen to them.

I don't think any player should be bitter about not getting a 3rd high paying contract in the NFL. If you make your millions in your second contract, everything after is gravy. Maybe QB's should expect at least a 3rd big deal if they are probowl level players. But every other position starts to fall off after age 30.

It's all pride and ego.

You're not the one playing...Also these are HOF players, not a JAG.

If the player can still produce, why not pay the player another contract. Sherman wasn't exactly there for his athletic ability and Thomas was still young at 28.

Wrong!
Because Earl elected to go against team doctor recommendions of surgery to his leg the first go round, that weakened the leg to the point it easily snapped the second time. He is damaged goods and in part due to his own stupidity and it is showing on the field as well. Pete and John knew this, and would not pay him top $$ he was demanding. I suggest you get over it....he's NOT coming back.

Well i dont want him back now, we have Adams & Diggs. Im really looking forward to this tandem...Come on lets be real here, our defense has been below average since Thomas left. We should have extended him or at least traded him at the time. We really handle Thomas badly IMO. I can see why it ended bitterly.

I understand it was a bad breakup between management, i dont see why it should be with fans. He never said anything badly about Seattle or his teammates. His anger was toward management.

He gave 100% when playing and didn't hold out.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The right price (meaning the price to get that talent despite the drama/baggage that comes with it) is not a price Earl would take. So this is a useless topic.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":1nah61wv said:
Seymour":1nah61wv said:
rcaido":1nah61wv said:
Mad Dog":1nah61wv said:
I don't think any player should be bitter about not getting a 3rd high paying contract in the NFL. If you make your millions in your second contract, everything after is gravy. Maybe QB's should expect at least a 3rd big deal if they are probowl level players. But every other position starts to fall off after age 30.

It's all pride and ego.

You're not the one playing...Also these are HOF players, not a JAG.

If the player can still produce, why not pay the player another contract. Sherman wasn't exactly there for his athletic ability and Thomas was still young at 28.

Wrong!
Because Earl elected to go against team doctor recommendions of surgery to his leg the first go round, that weakened the leg to the point it easily snapped the second time. He is damaged goods and in part due to his own stupidity and it is showing on the field as well. Pete and John knew this, and would not pay him top $$ he was demanding. I suggest you get over it....he's NOT coming back.

Well i dont want him back now, we have Adams & Diggs. Im really looking forward to this tandem...Come on lets be real here, our defense has been below average since Thomas left. We should have extended him or at least traded him at the time. We really handle Thomas badly IMO. I can see why it ended bitterly.

I understand it was a bad breakup between management, i dont see why it should be with fans. He never said anything badly about Seattle or his teammates. His anger was toward management.

He gave 100% when playing and didn't hold out.

as a fan when I see a teammate acting out towards management and it makes the team loo stupid on national television (between the finger and getting caught saying "come get me"). Yeah as a fan that rubbed me the wrong way about Earl. It's not just about his play on the field. The intangibles matter.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Aros":2am7bj3b said:
Nope. We got his best years and he was a complete and total douche on his way out.

See ya in the Ring of Honor Earl, and not a moment before.

Yup. We got Earl's best years. Let's leave it there.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For all the talk of wishing the Hawks would be more like the Patriots in dealing with personnel, this seems like a lot of hand wringing over the most Patriots-like move that Carroll/ Schneider have ever made.

It's a shame they couldn't find a trade partner before the injury, but it seems they saw the writing on the wall as a player, who relied on speed and instinct, was finding that his age and lifestyle were causing him to lose a step, and were dulling his instinct.

Thomas may well have cost himself a trip to Canton with his end-of-career antics and attitude.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
NO.
HELL NO.

Earl is that terrible combination of diminished skill and resulting negativity due to him knowing he just can't do the things he used to do. Very few athletes at that level are able to navigate that unavoidable period in their careers in a more positive/accepting way.

He had his time with us and what a time it was but that time is long gone.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Thomas clearly has some issues going on, if Carroll/Schneider felt like it was worth it given the price then I guess it's worth trying out. Hopefully that dude gets right, regardless.

I get that people don't like it that Thomas was salty given the contract situation and his injuries, but I'm not mad at the guy. The middle finger to the sideline was not a good choice but it doesn't bother me; same thing with talking to the Cowboys. He always played like crazy and those injuries were a result of him sacrificing himself all the time. I don't see the point of getting really irritable about players unless they're not putting effort in or are doing really heinous things off the field (or an Albert Haynesworth type of thing on it).

That dude was special when he was here and I'm glad the team had him.

D

DomeHawk

No mas, we don't want him and neither do the Ravens. It wasn't the bird finger that got me here, it was going into the Dallas locker room. That was the height of disloyalty. WE had some great years with ET but he is no longer a Seahawk. That was his choice, not ours.

toffee

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ykv8cu7 said:
No mas, we don't want him and neither do the Ravens. It wasn't the bird finger that got me here, it was going into the Dallas locker room. That was the height of disloyalty. WE had some great years with ET but he is no longer a Seahawk. That was his choice, not ours.
Couldn't agree more, in military if a soldier ran to the other side for a "come get me", the soldier shall be court martialed for treason and executed. The corporate world? if you ran to a competitor for a "come get me", you shall be carrying a box packed with your belongings.

I was done with Earl the minute he pulled that come get me.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1e8stuw0 said:
For all the talk of wishing the Hawks would be more like the Patriots in dealing with personnel, this seems like a lot of hand wringing over the most Patriots-like move that Carroll/ Schneider have ever made.

This is the best take on the whole situation I've seen so far.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawks85":9dm9rucp said:
Wasn't a fan of Thomas or Sherman. Thomas always had a attitude problem and Sherman has one big mouth. Hope those 2 never ever come back here again. With the crap that they both pulled they burnt the bridge with Seattle IMO.

We don't have a Title without Sherman . Thomas was great but imo it was KC and Sherman that made the legion of boom what it was. No i don't want Thomas or Sherman back but Sherman for all his faults is a Hall of Fame Corner and that's always going to be the more important position than a FS. Thomas just wasn't as important to Seattle's SB runs as Sherman and Kam . Some might disagree and that's fine they can have there opinion i will have mine.