Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

Throwdown

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":48mbfjtq said:
But isn't that part of the problem here, Throwdown? Businesses recently have been sued and fined if they chose not to serve people based on race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, ethnicity, and other "protected classes." The question is whether vaccinated vs. unvaccinated form the same kind of "protected class."

If the Seahawks choose not to admit people to games based on their medical history (of shots, in this case), it will raise similar questions in the long run. This isn't a simple issue, though many want to make it so on both sides.

As long as covid is a thing I think it’s the right thing to do. Once we hit herd immunity through vaccine and cases it won’t matter anymore.

You cannot equate the two, a minority isn’t a potential health hazard.

This is a public health crisis, unfortunately it’s gotten politicized to hell and back, misinformation runs amok on the internet and news networks, and it’s made dealing with this stuff super difficult. No ones saying this is forever, we’re saying when it’s herd immunity it will be safe for everyone and we can go back to normal.

Spohawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3qqm9o3s said:
Ad Hawk":3qqm9o3s said:
But isn't that part of the problem here, Throwdown? Businesses recently have been sued and fined if they chose not to serve people based on race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, ethnicity, and other "protected classes." The question is whether vaccinated vs. unvaccinated form the same kind of "protected class."

If the Seahawks choose not to admit people to games based on their medical history (of shots, in this case), it will raise similar questions in the long run. This isn't a simple issue, though many want to make it so on both sides.

No it's not, it's about safety for others, no different from saying someone with Cholera or Ebola can't come in.

This would be an interesting court battle. It could go either way. But just imange if it went the "Its okay to deny people due to health" way. Companies could be like "Was that a cough? You are out of here" to people they dislike. The Hawks have smart lawyers and this is a sue happy country...I don't think the Hawks will test it out. But I didn't think MLB would segragate either, so we will see.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Throwdown":4hrxbb3x said:
Ad Hawk":4hrxbb3x said:

As long as covid is a thing I think it’s the right thing to do. Once we hit herd immunity through vaccine and cases it won’t matter anymore.

This is a public health crisis, unfortunately it’s gotten politicized to hell and back, misinformation runs amok on the internet and news networks, and it’s made dealing with this stuff super difficult. No ones saying this is forever, we’re saying when it’s herd immunity it will be safe for everyone and we can go back to normal.

I think where it gets tricky is if this public health crisis is so dire as to segregate people, why are any of these events happening at all?

Throwdown

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3vxshhhv said:
Throwdown":3vxshhhv said:
Ad Hawk":3vxshhhv said:

I think where it gets tricky is if this public health crisis is so dire as to segregate people, why are any of these events happening at all?

Because some people no longer pose a threat to the health of those around them? And we can help keep the economy going with said people

Even tho I am vaccinated, I don’t want you filthy people breathing the same air as me and getting me sick. Pretty god damn simple. Just because I am vaccinated doesn’t keep me from getting sick, I can still get sick but my chances of ending up needing a hospital bed goes down to almost nothing because I have the vaccine.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Throwdown":bz7qow1c said:
pittpnthrs":bz7qow1c said:
Throwdown":bz7qow1c said:
Ad Hawk":bz7qow1c said:

Because some people no longer pose a threat to the health of those around them? And we can help keep the economy going with said people

Even tho I am vaccinated, I don’t want you filthy people breathing the same air as me and getting me sick. Pretty god damn simple. Just because I am vaccinated doesn’t keep me from getting sick, I can still get sick but my chances of ending up needing a hospital bed goes down to almost nothing because I have the vaccine.

So vaccinated people cant transmit the disease? Hmm. Instead of calling people names, you should probably do more reading.

You can start here Mr. Clean

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ctiveness-

Spohawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1x5qyyis said:
pittpnthrs":1x5qyyis said:
Throwdown":1x5qyyis said:
Ad Hawk":1x5qyyis said:

Credibility will be lost in 3...2...1..."Because some people no longer pose a threat to the health of those around them". WHAT??? BAHAHAHAHAHA!! You think you can't pass along covid because you let yourself get stabbed and injected???
PLEASE leave a link proving your point. Name 1 person who thinks this is true but you.

Sometimes its better to walk away and live to fight another day...today is your day. Don't dig any deeper.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spohawks":2ot2ni2n said:
"The freedom of speech, freedom of expression and to gather peacefully, equal treatment at your workplace, the right to vote if you're a citizen, freedom of religion, etc. Those are civil liberties."

Bingo!
Freedom of speech...Anti vaxers have been censored on socal media.

Freedom of expression...like taking off bras in the 60's, I can't take off my mask to get some twinkies.

Equal treatment at the work place...NFL has DIFFERENT protocols for vaxed and unvaxed.

Freedom of religion...Restrictions of how many can gather in a church.

This is a civil rights issue!

I can't tell if you're trolling, or just extremely misinformed and naive.

If you're being censored on social media, it's because you're spreading lies and misinformation. That's it, that's every platform's rule for posting. No lying, no inciting, no spreading misinformation.

You want to go down to city hall and carry around your anti-vax signs with lies? Go for it, that's where your 1st Amendment rights are protected.

On private social media sites? Nope. Not protected.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Spohawks":3n1goy3h said:
Throwdown":3n1goy3h said:
pittpnthrs":3n1goy3h said:
Throwdown":3n1goy3h said:

Credibility will be lost in 3...2...1..."Because some people no longer pose a threat to the health of those around them". WHAT??? BAHAHAHAHAHA!! You think you can't pass along covid because you let yourself get stabbed and injected???
PLEASE leave a link proving your point. Name 1 person who thinks this is true but you.

Sometimes its better to walk away and live to fight another day...today is your day. Don't dig any deeper.

The point still stands, I don’t want you dirty people around me.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The whole thread is disappointing.

This should be great news. We get to attend games this year. Players that never got to experience fans cheering for them as Seahawks now get that.

Instead, weird opinions from people that don't matter are soiling the whole thing.

Reason is flying out the window here.

Is there some overreach? Maybe. Can you blame people? Isn't 'overreach' warranted when you trying to be certain you give yourself the best % chance you have little opportunity for reflare? Wouldn't you feel like crap if you didn't and then found out that someone's life was irreversibly altered because of a selfish or callous choice you made?

Last year was awful for a lot of people. Nobody wants that again. If being a little overbearing helps assure this is stamped out that should be enough.

A friend of mine was in the trade show industry. That industry literally ground to a standstill for almost a year. (One person in his company killed himself when all the money ran out. Several others did too and this is just from a small circle of people I know.)

Hotels shut down. Airlines almost stopped doing business entirely. People that owned restaurants that I loved shuttered them. (Thank god The Grouchy Chef in Mukilteo was able to do takeout!)

People like Pitt not wanting to get vaccinated are no problem because they wear masks and do the other stuff like hygiene and distancing.

So even if some of this seems a bit excessive to some, doesn't it make sense to at least be that way considering the potential impact of the fire restarting again?

We should all be thrilled we get to go to games, we get to shop again, we get to do all these things we couldn't. Once you can get rental cars again, we even get to travel more.

When something terrible hits, we don't need to look at where we disagree - just look at we can work together to help each other through it and help each other rebuild/overcome after it.

If the Seahawks are asking this of us as fans, considering what we are trying to put in the rearview mirror...this should be a small thing. We should be happy. Get the shots or mask up, wash hands, and distance. Ideally both.

Nobody cares about how you feel about it. It is a small thing to help put a big thing way behind us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":qc62y26x said:
So even if some of this seems a bit excessive to some, doesn't it make sense to at least be that way considering the potential impact of the fire restarting again?

Of course, unless you have an agenda, which far too many people do, and did in the past politicizing the virus to their benefit.

Or as I see it, their detriment.

Getting vaccinated so we can all return to normal and the economy can thrive again is not a big ask. But this is 2021, the golden age of misinformation and narcissism, where we're incapable of thinking of others or outside our own selfish needs.

If the past year has taught us anything about where we're at as a society, it's this.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
At this point, I doubt they'll be a masking requirement in public. Even for kids. The CDC and states are rapidly adjusting guidance to get kids to return to full school normal by September. The EUA for Pfizer will probably be issued then for at least the 9-12 year olds.

As far as individual behavior, you can't count on people to do the right thing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I got mine for you, get yours for me.

It’s that simple.

Your health and the overall health of our society makes whatever risk “worth it” IMHO.

LITERALLY EVERYONE that has the ability to do their own thinking and has done any research knows that the risks are minimal. Is there a risk? Sure but you take “a risk” every time you walk out of your front door, or eat a cheeseburger for that matter.

GoHawks, and I hope that all venues refuse Sevice to those that have not gotten theirs. It’s their (the venue/organization) right, and I hope that all exercise it.

It’s your right to refuse the vaccine, just like you have the right to speak freely. Neither of those rights mean that there won’t be any ramifications.

For those unaware and if it hasn’t been mentioned, there is an active class action suit that was filed by some employees of a large hospital system in Houston, said system issued an ultimatum; get vaccinated or lose your job.
I suspect this will end up being heard by the US Supreme Court.
Will be interesting regardless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.c ... 92d5c122ea

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/ ... /10756212/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1v0von67 said:
TwistedHusky":1v0von67 said:
Just wear a damn mask if you aren't going to get the shot for whatever reason.
See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?
Word!

Mix

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1xv1uzbp said:
Mix":1xv1uzbp said:
Side A: Im worried about my health, you should also be.
Side B: Im worried about my health, you shouldn't be.

Side C: I'm vaccinated so I should have nothing to worry about regardless of other peoples decisions, I'm not vaccinated so let me worry about myself without any input from others.

Regardless of anyone else opinions on the matter. When it comes to an individuals own choices.

If you are vaccinated you are worried about your health correct?
If you choose not to get vaccinated you are worried about your own health correct?

Mix

Reaction score
Throwdown":2q54pymw said:
Spohawks":2q54pymw said:
Throwdown":2q54pymw said:
pittpnthrs":2q54pymw said:

Pre-Civil rights Called, they want their slogans back.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Throwdown":10iwyvu7 said:

I'm betting not many people want to be around you regardless.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Mix":10ebbcva said:
pittpnthrs":10ebbcva said:
Mix":10ebbcva said:
Side A: Im worried about my health, you should also be.
Side B: Im worried about my health, you shouldn't be.

Side C: I'm vaccinated so I should have nothing to worry about regardless of other peoples decisions, I'm not vaccinated so let me worry about myself without any input from others.

Regardless of anyone else opinions on the matter. When it comes to an individuals own choices.

If you are vaccinated you are worried about your health correct?
If you choose not to get vaccinated you are worried about your own health correct?

In my case I was concerned (not worried) about the health of the rest of society. I consider myself very healthy almost 60 and take zero daily medications.
I work in a profession that keeps me in close proximity to some very sick any many times immunosuppressed people.

Caring about one’s own health is not the only reason to get a vaccine, not caring about the health/welfare of others can be part of the reason to refuse to get vaccinated.

chrispy

Reaction score
The risk from getting a vaccine is much lower for an individual and for society when compared to the risk in avoiding the vaccine. In all demographics and geographies, every category, Covid has sickened and killed 1000s of times more people than the vaccine.

The Greatest Generation put up with huge discomfort and rallied together to overcome obstacles we can't imagine. Our society has devolved into kindergartners arguing about anything that can justify our own comfort. Our grandfathers would be ashamed. It used to be that service to Country was something we could rally around. Now, protecting our Country is a matter of opinion that's only worthwhile if a person can remain comfortable. Freedom is enjoyed by individuals, however it is earned as a group. Sincerest gratitude to all of you that are helping to protect our freedoms by getting the jab.

Go Hawks