Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

massari

Reaction score
I'm extremely low risk being in a good age bracket, physically healthy, in shape, and already having covid last year, which was basically the flu for me personally. Because of all that I wasn't planning to get vaxxed due to the potential long term effects, but was pretty much forced. Getting the vax was way worse than covid for me btw.

Aside from possible serious adverse reactions some are experiencing already, It'll take at least a couple of years to see any long term effects from the vaccine, so I completely understand why some are hesitant/reluctant to get it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No one's changing anyone's mind around here about getting the vax. And the Hawks like any other team are keyed into having fans in every single seat next year.

Everyone will have to decide for themselves, because something very major would have to happen to change either of those facts.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Weighing the pros and cons on a personal level is a great way to make most decisions. Should you buy that car? How far should you live from work? The common mistake issue I see in this thread is that people are applying that same personal logic to a population issue where it no longer works. There are some cases in life where we are all better off if we zoom out and take a macro view on an issue.

You are personally better off if you throw your own garbage out of your car window when travelling in unfamiliar areas. However, we recognize that there is a tragedy of the commons effect at play and if everybody did that then we would be worse off as a society. Hence, almost all of us are supportive of things like fines against littering that restrict personal freedoms - so long as we agree that the outcome is better for society. Most of our laws are restricting your freedom in one way or another.

Simply put, life is far better in 2021 without having to worry about deadly infectious diseases such as smallpox, measles, yellow fever, the spanish flu, typhoid fever, cholera, polio, and scarlet fever. Nature is always trying to murder us, and there's a pretty good chance that you are alive to read this right now because previous generations got the vaccines to not only reduce those diseases in scope but to largely eradicate them. Getting the vaccine isn't about whether it makes sense for you personally, but whether your slice of society is better off if everybody is vaccinated. It's not about you.

jeremiah

Reaction score
chris98251":32s6yqzj said:
pittpnthrs":32s6yqzj said:
RolandDeschain":32s6yqzj said:
See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?

And theres that elitist attitude and name calling that keeps it all political. If a person has had the shots, they should have nothing more to worry about right? If people want to be real SJW's, they should stand out in front of the big pharmas protesting as to why insulin, chemo, and other medications arent free instead of the constant whining about people that dont share their opinions and beliefs.

You still don't understand how vaccines work I take it..................

The experimental treatment of mRNA is not a vaccine. If you take the shots you are not immune, you will still be infectious, and will shed spike proteins. Those who do not take the shot should be wearing masks to protect themselves from those who have..

jeremiah

Reaction score
chris98251":u0phykc3 said:
SantaClaraHawk":u0phykc3 said:
pittpnthrs":u0phykc3 said:
RolandDeschain":u0phykc3 said:
See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?

And theres that elitist attitude and name calling that keeps it all political. If a person has had the shots, they should have nothing more to worry about right? If people want to be real SJW's, they should stand out in front of the big pharmas protesting as to why insulin, chemo, and other medications arent free instead of the constant whining about people that dont share their opinions and beliefs.

For me, I'm fully confident that I won't be hospitalized or die from covid with the vax. I would think that more people would sign up to protect them. I mean, California is giving out free $50 cards with each vax for the next couple weeks.

And see, with you, I literally wouldn't care if it were just us adults. I see it as you wanting to hide among us and getting away with it contrary to CDC advice, but we all know at this point that any distanced and masked, versus vax only seating, would only mean that you'd come in and sit with us if they don't check. Which is going to be the vast number of situations.

What I worry about are the children, specifically the 11s and unders. See, they can't get vaxed and if they bring their kid around any screaming people, then they're going to have to worry about who might not be vaxed, not that they're going to be able to tell.

So I'd echo what other posters said. Your choice to skip the vax is largely accepted as your own. But it is because of the vax that the case counts have plummeted as they have. It is because of them that we're all not sitting here wondering whether anyone will go to games in their physical self, as opposed to a cardboard cutout.

You get a freebie, you know. You will be safer intermingling with us, because realistically the odds that you will give us a case of covid that we can't shake goes down. These vaxed immunocompromised/elderly who are there, at this point that would be their adult decision and the caring I did was to get the vax so I wouldn't be The One. Not just the one to get, but the one to give.

Children have no choice, and to ban anyone under 12 for what's traditionally a family day would be disastrous. So like I and others have said, I really hope you decide to wear a mask around them even if the government is not breathing down your neck. Because unlike us adults, they are in exactly the same immunological position that you are, and they cannot help it.

Kids under 12 and up can get a vaccine now, they are still working on things for under 12 , we have made tremendous progress even having 1 vaccine let alone what we have now. They are testing what dosage now could be given to younger kids. That takes time, if people die as an adults it's a choice they make, when it gets to kids especially very young ones people will go off the rails. People need to be patient, a very lacking quality in a lot of 40 and unders these days.

Children 17 and under are at greater risk from the treatment than from the virus. Add on that there is no proven case of children passing an infection on to others on record. Children do not need s shot, the only ones that needed special care were those over age 60 and those who had health issues.

jeremiah

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2apoq2yq said:
HawkNuts":2apoq2yq said:
I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.

pittpnthrs":2apoq2yq said:
chris98251":2apoq2yq said:

Sure I do. People in this thread are sure to remind everyone at least one time a page. Why ask though? Was it the part where the vaccinated should have nothing to worry about?

Oh trust me, some of the vaxed do. I just went through a situation where the FMIL was partially vaxed and the other one fully vaxed with J&J both got it. the tl;dr of this is that they would have been at severe risk of dying, both of them, on a covid ward where no one's allowed to visit--masks or not, vaccine or not, until the medical professionals have decided that death is emergent. Then you get to see them with full ppe and hold their hand through a glove for what will be the last time.

Instead, none of this happened. I have explained the statistical odds and reasons why it did happen to them. They are not representative of the general population. But they are adults same as me, so I really have nothing to say if they do elect to go to a Giants game, or 49ers game, or whatever. I mean, they're functionally cognitive and at this point, that 'd be fully an adult risk. Go crazy or not, it's your decision.

My ask is, like the other guy, just mask up if you don't want to take the vax when you see these 11 and below children. They are intrinsically helpless. It really wasn't their independent choice to be there. It will be a big deal to those parents if you're the 1 in 5, 1 in 4 or whatever who infects people who can't even be vaxed yet. It will be a bigger deal if some school has to shut down because now there's an outbreak. Wear the mask or stay home, those are the only two moral choices here.

Children are not at risk from the virus, just from the shot.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
jeremiah":1440xvo4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1440xvo4 said:
HawkNuts":1440xvo4 said:
I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.

pittpnthrs":1440xvo4 said:
Sure I do. People in this thread are sure to remind everyone at least one time a page. Why ask though? Was it the part where the vaccinated should have nothing to worry about?

Oh trust me, some of the vaxed do. I just went through a situation where the FMIL was partially vaxed and the other one fully vaxed with J&J both got it. the tl;dr of this is that they would have been at severe risk of dying, both of them, on a covid ward where no one's allowed to visit--masks or not, vaccine or not, until the medical professionals have decided that death is emergent. Then you get to see them with full ppe and hold their hand through a glove for what will be the last time.

Instead, none of this happened. I have explained the statistical odds and reasons why it did happen to them. They are not representative of the general population. But they are adults same as me, so I really have nothing to say if they do elect to go to a Giants game, or 49ers game, or whatever. I mean, they're functionally cognitive and at this point, that 'd be fully an adult risk. Go crazy or not, it's your decision.

My ask is, like the other guy, just mask up if you don't want to take the vax when you see these 11 and below children. They are intrinsically helpless. It really wasn't their independent choice to be there. It will be a big deal to those parents if you're the 1 in 5, 1 in 4 or whatever who infects people who can't even be vaxed yet. It will be a bigger deal if some school has to shut down because now there's an outbreak. Wear the mask or stay home, those are the only two moral choices here.

Oh is that why someone in here has a family member who is less than 1 year old suffering from covid related organ failure?
Children absolutely can have severe covid symptoms, it is just a lot less common.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Children are not at risk from this Virus? They are just somehow immune??? :?
That is a beyond ridiculous statement.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
jeremiah":25ksxywn said:
chris98251":25ksxywn said:
pittpnthrs":25ksxywn said:
RolandDeschain":25ksxywn said:

The experimental treatment of mRNA is not a vaccine. If you take the shots you are not immune, you will still be infectious, and will shed spike proteins. Those who do not take the shot should be wearing masks to protect themselves from those who have..

Holy shit, the ignorance/misinformation is out of control. Even if you shed spike protein, it’s not the coronavirus! It cannot replicate and infect a host. Scientific illiteracy at its finest.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Just read the best quote i've seen in a long time =

'No one will admit they let fear lead their home last year. Especially the ones who criticize the people who didnt.'

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1vyrexrm said:
Just read the best quote i've seen in a long time =

'No one will admit they let fear lead their home last year. Especially the ones who criticize the people who didnt.'

People were following public health mandates blessed by the government. The whole NFL and pretty much every business was. Plus going out in 2020 was a hassle in itself.

The stats dropped so far so fast because of people who chose differently from you, approaching 80 percent in Seattle.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pitt,

I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

You shared your concerns, which make sense too.

But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":17vbvfb6 said:
jeremiah":17vbvfb6 said:
SantaClaraHawk":17vbvfb6 said:
HawkNuts":17vbvfb6 said:

Oh is that why someone in here has a family member who is less than 1 year old suffering from covid related organ failure?
Children absolutely can have severe covid symptoms, it is just a lot less common.

It was my Nephews son, his brother was the other severe reaction with Organ failure.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":52xk9z6h said:
Pitt,

I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.

Understand everything your saying and i'm certain i'll end up getting the shots as soon as a bit more research has been done and the FDA ends up approving them. The biggest point i'm trying to make is that every person should have a choice whether to get the shot or not and shouldnt have to feel bad or criticized by the choice that they make. Its a shame that the 30 year old has long term issues now, but it was her choice and she made it. Its a shame some have issues after getting the shots, but its their choice and they made it. 50% of the United States havent gotten the shots and its not because they cant (every street corner has a place that offers them), its because they chose not to. Respect their decisions as I respect the decisions of the ones that have gotten it. Thats all.

Until things get a bit more sorted, i'll continue to mask up and use precautions. Wife and I are getting away this weekend. We rented a house instead of staying at a Hotel. The house owner stated their little town is open 100%, but we'll still eat outside if the restaurants seem crowded and so forth. There is no denial the issue is real, but i'm not going to lock myself in my house. I'm still going to live my life even without getting the shots yet. Thats my choice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That's fair.

It doesn't feel reasonable or right to take people to task for not getting the shots if they are being courteous fans and citizens, taking precautions when around others.

Just don't like to see good people get hammered by this crud. Asking you to at least think about it felt fair too.

Let's hope you are wrong about the numbers. The last we checked, Seattle was close to 70%, we need it there or 80% if possible. Nationally shooting for 70%-80% vax rate probably puts this in the rearview mirror.

50% would leave too many open doors for it to come back. Nobody should want that.

Glad the Seahawks are doing their part on this. We need it gone.

But the perception this is no longer much risk isn't correct. Lower risk, sure. But it isn't worth it if you get it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2y48odk8 said:
TwistedHusky":2y48odk8 said:
Pitt,

Understand everything your saying and i'm certain i'll end up getting the shots as soon as a bit more research has been done and the FDA ends up approving them. The biggest point i'm trying to make is that every person should have a choice whether to get the shot or not and shouldnt have to feel bad or criticized by the choice that they make. Its a shame that the 30 year old has long term issues now, but it was her choice and she made it. Its a shame some have issues after getting the shots, but its their choice and they made it. 50% of the United States havent gotten the shots and its not because they cant (every street corner has a place that offers them), its because they chose not to. Respect their decisions as I respect the decisions of the ones that have gotten it. Thats all.

Until things get a bit more sorted, i'll continue to mask up and use precautions. Wife and I are getting away this weekend. We rented a house instead of staying at a Hotel. The house owner stated their little town is open 100%, but we'll still eat outside if the restaurants seem crowded and so forth. There is no denial the issue is real, but i'm not going to lock myself in my house. I'm still going to live my life even without getting the shots yet. Thats my choice.
I absolutely agree 100% without question that getting vs not getting the vaccine should be an individual choice.

In this particular thread, it’s comes down to the logic/driving force involved in the decision making process that comes into play.

Freedoms are enjoyed as individuals,they are obtained and maintained as a group.

It’s the well being of said “group” we are talking about here.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":ffsiklab said:
pittpnthrs":ffsiklab said:
TwistedHusky":ffsiklab said:
Pitt,

I absolutely agree 100% without question that getting vs not getting the vaccine should be an individual choice.

In this particular thread, it’s comes down to the logic/driving force involved in the decision making process that comes into play.

Freedoms are enjoyed as individuals,they are obtained and maintained as a group.

It’s the well being of said “group” we are talking about here.

Why you should also take responsibility for infecting others, like pay their rent, medical bills, and funeral expenses, there is a way to avoid this, get the shot or shots, problem is there are no repercussions if you don't if you give it to others. If it was just yourself I would be much more likely to agree. You want freedom great, but there is a level of responsibility that goes with it, just like freedom of speech, you can say what you want, but there are reprocussions for some things that are said.

One person can take the precautions and I understand that perspective, but many of that mindset are not is the problem.

People are getting the shats with the incentives going out, how many would get them if they were held responsible if they infected others or had to pay their full medical for not getting the vaccine and catching it and having to be admitted for Hospital care.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How many people should be held individually accountable for their own comorbidity due to lifestyle choices like smoking, liver disease from alcohol, obesity and diabetes and high-blood pressure from crappy diet and lack of exercise, weak immune system from lack of sleep, stress, etc.? Yes, I know that doesn't describe everyone who has severe symptoms or complications. But it is certainly many. Being healthy from the start is the best prevention against nearly every disease, including Covid-19.

The complexities of this issue are not as simple as "you infected me so you're to blame." We're not just victims of someone else's choices, but often our own. We're just far to ready to blame everyone else for our situation when it's bad, and willing to take credit when it's good.

I understand the Hawks wanting to protect their brand and be seen as protecting the populace, too. But I would bet that most of the NFL decisions are driven by money and reputation. If they could open up stadiums entirely with zero consequences (liability, decreased attendance, etc.), they would. They're a business based on the bottom line. Right now it's far more advantageous to appear to support "safety."

pmedic920

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":b1a9vy1y said:
How many people should be held individually accountable for their own comorbidity due to lifestyle choices like smoking, liver disease from alcohol, obesity and diabetes and high-blood pressure from crappy diet and lack of exercise, weak immune system from lack of sleep, stress, etc.? Yes, I know that doesn't describe everyone who has severe symptoms or complications. But it is certainly many. Being healthy from the start is the best prevention against nearly every disease, including Covid-19.

The complexities of this issue are not as simple as "you infected me so you're to blame." We're not just victims of someone else's choices, but often our own. We're just far to ready to blame everyone else for our situation when it's bad, and willing to take credit when it's good.

I understand the Hawks wanting to protect their brand and be seen as protecting the populace, too. But I would bet that most of the NFL decisions are driven by money and reputation. If they could open up stadiums entirely with zero consequences (liability, decreased attendance, etc.), they would. They're a business based on the bottom line. Right now it's far more advantageous to appear to support "safety."
Personally I wouldn’t be caught dead arguing that the NFL wasn’t being socially driven on this.
IMHO it’s 100% about the $’s.
In my shallow mind, there is no doubt the the NFL’s stance is based on money and not about what’s best for their fans(society).

Is it possible that both scenarios follow a mutual path?
Most certainly but if it wasn’t coincidental…..

cymatica

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework

Latest posts