Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

knownone

Reaction score
First, let me state that I have been vaccinated, and you probably should be if you are not already.

Nonetheless, the clinical trials of the vaccines did not test for the efficacy of preventing transmission. Now, there is some promising evidence that it does have a high degree of efficacy, but that research (the last time I check) is still in its relative infancy and thus inconclusive.

This means that, with the data that is currently available, even if you are vaccinated, going to a crowded sporting event is a bad idea because you can still spread the virus (albeit to a lesser degree than someone who is unvaccinated).

So perhaps we shouldn't shame the unvaccinated under the pretense that their actions are the only ones with consequences and acknowledge that the primary reason there is a push for vaccinations is not for health and safety but to open up the economy permanently. Because if the goal were health and safety, we would not have huge sporting events even if every attendee was vaccinated.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am one of the biggest hypochondriacs I know and I didn't even hesitate to get vaccinated. Come on people.

My wife and I did have some of the symptoms that were mentioned we might experience after the second dose (Moderna). It was basically low-grade fever, lethargy, very slight, slight chills and some mild headaches here and there.

It basically felt like that feeling you get right when you feel like you may be coming down with something. It lasted a few hours, we went to bed and woke up the next day feeling 100%. Walk in the park.

mikeak

Reaction score
knownone":28z9v0xc said:
First, let me state that I have been vaccinated, and you probably should be if you are not already.

Nonetheless, the clinical trials of the vaccines did not test for the efficacy of preventing transmission. Now, there is some promising evidence that it does have a high degree of efficacy, but that research (the last time I check) is still in its relative infancy and thus inconclusive.

This means that, with the data that is currently available, even if you are vaccinated, going to a crowded sporting event is a bad idea because you can still spread the virus (albeit to a lesser degree than someone who is unvaccinated).

So perhaps we shouldn't shame the unvaccinated under the pretense that their actions are the only ones with consequences and acknowledge that the primary reason there is a push for vaccinations is not for health and safety but to open up the economy permanently. Because if the goal were health and safety, we would not have huge sporting events even if every attendee was vaccinated.

Anything scientific will be called not conclusive until a bunch of studies are done. Just like the vaccines aren't fully approved.

The studies have enough indication to show at least 80% less likely to be able to spread Covid if you have taken them. Kind of like we all knew who was going number 1 in the draft, but we weren't sure. Not 100% so it was inconclusive.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h36tz15 said:
pittpnthrs":1h36tz15 said:
Wife and I havent gotten the shots and dont think we will. People can still get Covid after the shots, some have had some bad side effects, almost everybody I know has been sick as a dog for a day or two after the second shot, not FDA approved,,,no thanks. We'll wait for further results down the line. If any event requires you to have proof of vaccination, thats an event I wouldnt want to go to anyways.
Your mindset represents much of what is wrong with the human race as a whole.

Not being a guinea pig pin cushion is whats wrong with the human race? They've been searching for a vaccine for the common cold for nearly 100 years now with no success, but i'm sure your good to go with the FDA unapproved cocktail they whipped up in a years time. Look, I live out in the boondocks, work from home, and never go anywhere. I think i'm good waiting a little while for a more thorough breakdown of the whole thing before I commit.

hoxrox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2potpbyd said:
Look, I live out in the boondocks, work from home, and never go anywhere. I think i'm good waiting a little while for a more thorough breakdown of the whole thing before I commit.

Fair enough. If you're distanced and socially responsible, it's really a non-issue.

The vaccines don't make people 100% immune. It greatly reduces the risk of needing to be hospitalized, or needing a ventilator to survive. Not to mention all the other longer term side effects people diagnosed are having.

Back to the original topic at hand, it will be good to have all the 12s back in the stands again. I can't wait.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3tixk3ub said:
Wife and I havent gotten the shots and dont think we will. People can still get Covid after the shots, some have had some bad side effects, almost everybody I know has been sick as a dog for a day or two after the second shot, not FDA approved,,,no thanks. We'll wait for further results down the line. If any event requires you to have proof of vaccination, thats an event I wouldnt want to go to anyways.

Cool we won't miss you.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that I got the vaccine and my dick didn't fall off.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":6l9jhau7 said:
I'm happy to report that I got the vaccine and my dick didn't fall off.

Congratulations, now all we have to worry about is you stalking the streets, as a street walker since one of the untold side effects is spontaneous 4 hour erections. :p

Crizilla

Reaction score
Only 30% of the US population got the vaccine (im assuming thats at least one shot?). More shots need to be followed, apparently. My neighbors are Orthodox Jews and said they wont get it, I respect that. However of the 30% that are vaccinated how many of those people attend sporting events? I'm afraid it's going to take years for stadiums to be packed with raging fans again. It's pretty unfortunate this has caused so much divide, hopefully pro-vaccine/pro-mask citizens won't cause any harm to others especially with the weather getting nicer and people will be outside more. I would hate to see actual violence over this stuff.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1chqpo0k said:
Not being a guinea pig pin cushion is whats wrong with the human race? They've been searching for a vaccine for the common cold for nearly 100 years now with no success, but i'm sure your good to go with the FDA unapproved cocktail they whipped up in a years time. Look, I live out in the boondocks, work from home, and never go anywhere. I think i'm good waiting a little while for a more thorough breakdown of the whole thing before I commit.
The fact that you view it that way and don't even understand what I was getting at surprises me not at all.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I had Covid at the end of Feb. 2020. Couple days of mild fever, flu-like symptoms, a little bit of coughing, and then DONE. My co-workers are reporting worse symptoms from vaccine reactions than what I had from covid.

I will not be taking the experimental gene modification therapy that is labeled as a "vaccine" for legal purposes. These are not a "vaccine" in any traditional sense.

There are plenty, plenty of documented adverse reactions to the covid vaccines, and 3,000 deaths at last check, recorded in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, aka VAERS. Some say that only about 1% of the events and deaths get reported in VAERS. If you've taken one of the vaccines and had an adverse reaction, consider reporting it to VAERS. See https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Here is the story of several people working in the medical field who got the "vaccine" and then were abandoned and then attacked by the system when they reported adverse effects they believed were directly caused by getting the shot. You won't find this type of discussion on "censored" platforms like FB, Twit, and YT.
Story here: https://rumble.com/vgbhxl-they-dont-wan ... ke-us.html

* If you have an adverse reaction, will your insurance company pay your medical expenses for issues that resulted from taking an "experimental" vaccine? In many cases, the answer is "NO".

* If the vaccine cripples or kills you, can you/your next of kin sue the pharma company? NO.

* Have the vaccines been "approved" by the FDA? NO. The "approval" is "emergency use", during the declared "state of emergency" and most of the normally required testing process has been skipped, including animal testing and human testing longer than single digit months.

* What are your actual risks of dying from Covid? If under 50, the survival rate is 99.98%. A lot of us here are over 50, and at that point, underlying conditions start factoring in more. Still, under 70, the survival rate is 99.5%.

Risk of dying from covid vs. risks of experimental vaccines... I'll take my chances with covid. Beat it soundly once, ready to whup it if it dares show up on my doorstep again.

The main arguments for taking the vaccine seem to be emotional arguments, masquerading as science. "Be virtuous, take the vaccine!" "Protect others, take the vaccine!"

If you emotionally feel the experimental "vaccines" are safe and effective, and you feel you want to take it, feel free to roll the dice for YOU, but leave ME the hell out of it. If these "vaccines" work for you, why the hell do you care if others take them or not? However, the problem is that many "breakthrough" cases and deaths are being reported where "vaccinated" people got covid after getting the jab, including plenty who subsequently died. The "protection" aspect of getting the jab doesn't seem as ironclad as the media and pharma interestes are trying to make it sound.

The other problem with taking "vaccines" is that the therapeutics against covid are excellent, especially now that enough medical practitioners understand when and how to use them. Why take a risk on an experimental genetic-manipulation "vaccine" when the non-vax therapies are so safe and effective? Hydroxychloroquine, ivermection, and other therapeutics are safe and effective, despite our media trying to say otherwise a few months back.

That's not even mentioning the intense effort corporate media has put into hysterically screaming how dangerous this "covid pandemic" is to everyone, and pushing these "vaccines" and censoring and attacking those who legitimately question the safety and efficacy of these experimental treatments.

As always, the best defense is to take responsibility for your own health, and tilt the playing field in your favor by maintaining a healthy immune system. Are you currently taking a vitamin D supplement? You should be. If you can get out and walk briskly at least 30 minutes each day, and maintain a level of cardio fitness, even better.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This x1000

BocciHawk":n81gmkm2 said:
Wow.

There is so much disinformation in this thread, it's unbelievable.

One data point. Every single person at my job and every single person in my family and every single person in my extended family and every single person in every family that my family has contact with has been vaccinated.

Not a single person had any serious side effects of any kind.

The worst side effects -- and they were rare -- included

tiredness -- went away after less than 24 hours

headache -- went away after less than 12 hours

sore arm at the injection site -- went away substantially after 24 hours, completely after five days

In fact, there's evidence that now that we are vaccinating en masse in the United States that the odds of serious side effects are lower than anticipated. The vast majority of people haven't reported anything at all to the CDC, and if they had serious side effects, they'd end up in the hospital, where it would be reported. Ergo, if you take it and are fine, you are likely to not report anything, vs. anything serious is always reported... so when tens of millions are vaccinated, and only a few million take the survey, and of that group a tiny tiny fraction had any side effects, well, it's likely that the probability is much lower than just doing the math from the survey.

Also, there is zero evidence of any kind that people who have been vaccinated have the virus and can transmit it to other people. That's just complete and total poppycock. The COVID-19 vaccines do not use live or dead virus. Period.

I read this thread and I think we'll never get out of this hell hole that we're in. If people don't vaccinated, we will wear masks forever, we'll never have concerts or sports again, and the only ones who win are the Russian disinformation agents who are feeding the less intelligent Americans total garbage.

Freedumb!

At the moment the United States government is paying for all treatment for all people who are COVID-19 patients.

If they continue to do this, it'll be more expensive than all the wars we've fought combined, and our nation will collapse.

I can only hope at some point that the government will stop having a blank check for these treatments, with appropriate warning of course. If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't expect to attend concerts or sports, and stop freeloading. You can do a Go Fund Me if you get sick with COVID-19.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Please just stay in your concrete bunker.

Even republicans like Chris Christie are trying to sway people to get vaccinated.

Hope Hicks who is a slim runner in her 30’s got hammered by COVID-19.

olyfan63":1hy0jgag said:
I had Covid at the end of Feb. 2020. Couple days of mild fever, flu-like symptoms, a little bit of coughing, and then DONE. My co-workers are reporting worse symptoms from vaccine reactions than what I had from covid.

I will not be taking the experimental gene modification therapy that is labeled as a "vaccine" for legal purposes. These are not a "vaccine" in any traditional sense.

There are plenty, plenty of documented adverse reactions to the covid vaccines, and 3,000 deaths at last check, recorded in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, aka VAERS. Some say that only about 1% of the events and deaths get reported in VAERS. If you've taken one of the vaccines and had an adverse reaction, consider reporting it to VAERS. See https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Here is the story of several people working in the medical field who got the "vaccine" and then were abandoned and then attacked by the system when they reported adverse effects they believed were directly caused by getting the shot. You won't find this type of discussion on "censored" platforms like FB, Twit, and YT.
Story here: https://rumble.com/vgbhxl-they-dont-wan ... ke-us.html

* If you have an adverse reaction, will your insurance company pay your medical expenses for issues that resulted from taking an "experimental" vaccine? In many cases, the answer is "NO".

* If the vaccine cripples or kills you, can you/your next of kin sue the pharma company? NO.

* Have the vaccines been "approved" by the FDA? NO. The "approval" is "emergency use", during the declared "state of emergency" and most of the normally required testing process has been skipped, including animal testing and human testing longer than single digit months.

* What are your actual risks of dying from Covid? If under 50, the survival rate is 99.98%. A lot of us here are over 50, and at that point, underlying conditions start factoring in more. Still, under 70, the survival rate is 99.5%.

Risk of dying from covid vs. risks of experimental vaccines... I'll take my chances with covid. Beat it soundly once, ready to whup it if it dares show up on my doorstep again.

The main arguments for taking the vaccine seem to be emotional arguments, masquerading as science. "Be virtuous, take the vaccine!" "Protect others, take the vaccine!"

If you emotionally feel the experimental "vaccines" are safe and effective, and you feel you want to take it, feel free to roll the dice for YOU, but leave ME the hell out of it. If these "vaccines" work for you, why the hell do you care if others take them or not? However, the problem is that many "breakthrough" cases and deaths are being reported where "vaccinated" people got covid after getting the jab, including plenty who subsequently died. The "protection" aspect of getting the jab doesn't seem as ironclad as the media and pharma interestes are trying to make it sound.

The other problem with taking "vaccines" is that the therapeutics against covid are excellent, especially now that enough medical practitioners understand when and how to use them. Why take a risk on an experimental genetic-manipulation "vaccine" when the non-vax therapies are so safe and effective? Hydroxychloroquine, ivermection, and other therapeutics are safe and effective, despite our media trying to say otherwise a few months back.

That's not even mentioning the intense effort corporate media has put into hysterically screaming how dangerous this "covid pandemic" is to everyone, and pushing these "vaccines" and censoring and attacking those who legitimately question the safety and efficacy of these experimental treatments.

As always, the best defense is to take responsibility for your own health, and tilt the playing field in your favor by maintaining a healthy immune system. Are you currently taking a vitamin D supplement? You should be. If you can get out and walk briskly at least 30 minutes each day, and maintain a level of cardio fitness, even better.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1cttybcy said:
Hawkpower":1cttybcy said:
RolandDeschain":1cttybcy said:
pittpnthrs":1cttybcy said:
Your mindset represents much of what is wrong with the human race as a whole.

Choosing to/not to get the vaccine is a completely personal decision, it doesnt impact anyone else, and certainly says nothing about their standing in society. Please.
Actually, whether you are vaccinated or not DOES impact other people. How you don't fathom that is beyond comprehension. It frankly says a lot of bad things about you. If you can't figure out how it does affect other people, I really feel sorry for you.

I guess data could come out at some point that supports that.

For now, it has been sold as a shot that reduces severity of symptoms. The transmission rate has yet to have been determined.

So no, for now it doesnt impact other people. So Its a personal choice. As I said.

Lets let it stay there. Plenty of people have valid reasons for playing it by ear.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Crizilla":3drb9unl said:
Only 30% of the US population got the vaccine (im assuming thats at least one shot?). More shots need to be followed, apparently. My neighbors are Orthodox Jews and said they wont get it, I respect that. However of the 30% that are vaccinated how many of those people attend sporting events? I'm afraid it's going to take years for stadiums to be packed with raging fans again. It's pretty unfortunate this has caused so much divide, hopefully pro-vaccine/pro-mask citizens won't cause any harm to others especially with the weather getting nicer and people will be outside more. I would hate to see actual violence over this stuff.

Years? In Seattle and California, yeah.

Texas already has full stadiums for the Rangers.

Others starting to come on board too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ahx4jses said:
I guess data could come out at some point that supports that.

For now, it has been sold as a shot that reduces severity of symptoms. The transmission rate has yet to have been determined.

So no, for now it doesnt impact other people. So Its a personal choice. As I said.

Lets let it stay there. Plenty of people have valid reasons for playing it by ear.
You remind me very much of this Isaac Asimov quote:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

It's proven 10,000 times over that existing vaccines for other diseases don't just "support that", but DO that. Is it the same as say, the smallpox vaccine? No.

You and those like you pretending like you're getting experimented on like Jews in Auschwitz are absolutely despicable. You don't know what being experimented on actually is. The world truly doesn't need more people like you in it.

Also @Oly - some of your information is factually wrong, but since you have beliefs about it and don't care about facts, I'm not going to bother refuting them, because there's no arguing with belief...that's the "beauty" of it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20c8qnd9 said:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Well, he was full of science fiction and fantasy. This sounds like more of it.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2fs9o3wn said:
RolandDeschain":2fs9o3wn said:

Well, he was full of science fiction and fantasy. This sounds like more of it.

Keep embracing that cognitive dissonance.