What if Geno is solid?

toffee

Reaction score
What if Geno is solid?

No need to what if, Geno was solid for half a game. Offense moved better, even defense looked better which could due to offense stayed on the field longer. Make no mistake, Geno surprised everyone ... Pete and Russ included. As a 12, I am so looking forward to a QB controversy. Why? To start a QB controversy, Geno have to win at least 3 games that put us at 5-3, or even 6-3. We will have a full on controversy if offense stopped flowing after Russ takes over.

Chance of Geno pulling a Rich Gannon? Not likely, but hey, it happened before.

John63

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the laughs!

BamKam

Reaction score
I don't see the Seahawks doing better than .500 with Geno at the helm. That interception he threw just screamed why he is a backup QB. What I will say is I had 10000x more fun watching him with the offense, hitting WRs in their routes, and methodically driving down the field than going 3 and out constantly only to find a 70 yard playground football play. This is one reason why I am tired of trying to build the team around Russ. We have been brining in talent, hand picking coaches for him, and nothing ever really seems to change and this brand of hero ball is getting old. Especially as he ages it will get a lot harder. How many more 15 yard sacks after the holding the ball for 10 seconds plays do you want to keep watching?

Geno is not the answer but watching him actually sustain a couple nice drives to keep us in the game makes me think it really is the time to start thinking about the future. Russ is great no doubt but he isn't without his flaws and those flaws aren't getting better. Every year it's just some sort of excuse "get Russell X and THEN we will dominate". Russ brings the team a high floor and will be making the playoffs more years than not, only to get THUMPED by an actual well rounded decent team that really exposes the flaws which the massive QB contract and poor decision John Schneider has made in trying to constantly build a team for the "now" around him.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1l502296 said:
keasley45":1l502296 said:
Pete sees the hawks past the age of Wilson.

Thats scary. Funny how some fans are on the keep Pete and get rid of Wilson bandwagon when its the exact opposite.

Again, can we stop with the polarizing nonsense. I'm not in a bandwagon. It's no secret Pete is more concerned with efficiency than he is constantly going after the big play. He's said it now for two seasons.

No bandwagoning. I'm a seahawks fan. Not a blind fanboy of a particular player or coach.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3ovd9rkm said:

Dude Wilson is a great QB no question about that but there is a difference in decision making between him and Tom Brady...

Brady doesn't force the big play he either checks down or throws the ball away.. Wilson can throw the ball long short it doesn't matter he can make all the throws BUT... he is young in a way because he has such supreme confidence that he pushes the long ball into double coverage when he should check down or throw the ball away... some times he gets away with it and looks like he is super human but he should check down or throw the ball away... thats the difference in decision making between Brady and Wilson...

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":fhlq5iz0 said:
keasley45":fhlq5iz0 said:
Pete sees the hawks past the age of Wilson.

Thats scary. Funny how some fans are on the keep Pete and get rid of Wilson bandwagon when its the exact opposite.

And where in any of your quote of my post are there the words 'I see Pete being correct in his opinion ...'. Literally made an observation.

Personally don't want Pete or Russ gone. .. oh. Wait. Its not possible to actually see the bigger picture and not resort to kindergarten bs... 'who's side are you on' nonsense.

It's a sad state when you can't have an intelligent conversation about a topic without resorting to attacking other people's positions .

The title of the thread is What happens if Geno is solid. And all I hear from some people are a devolving and deflecting of the thread to 'Wilson is great, and Geno can't win half the games he will play. And if you can't see that, you're nuts.'

AGAIN. THE THREAD ASKS A QUESTION. TRY FOCUSING DIRECTLY ON THAT.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":15kvzh3t said:
John63":15kvzh3t said:

Dude Wilson is a great QB no question about that but there is a difference in decision making between him and Tom Brady...

Brady doesn't force the big play he either checks down or throws the ball away.. Wilson can throw the ball long short it doesn't matter he can make all the throws BUT... he is young in a way because he has such supreme confidence that he pushes the long ball into double coverage when he should check down or throw the ball away... some times he gets away with it and looks like he is super human but he should check down or throw the ball away... thats the difference in decision making between Brady and Wilson...

LTH

The problem is I have seen Brady force balls, not take or miss check downs, wide open guys. Heck he did it this weekend,

The problem I have is people seem to think only Wilson does these things but that is not true at all. All Qbs miss passes, miss open guys, miss check downs, take sots they should not. All of them.

AS the passing charts that have been shared in this forum he was throwing a lot of short passes and hitting check downs. Now did he do it every time no. But he was doing it. Guess what Geno missed some too. Brady missed some this weekend.

The problem is he could do exactly what you guys want 9 out of 10 times but you would complain about the one time he does not.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2bh0xtlb said:
LTH":2bh0xtlb said:
John63":2bh0xtlb said:

LTH

The problem is I have seen Brady force balls, not take or miss check downs, wide open guys. Heck he did it this weekend,

The problem I have is people seem to think only Wilson does these things but that is not true at all. All Qbs miss passes, miss open guys, miss check downs, take sots they should not. All of them.

AS the passing charts that have been shared in this forum he was throwing a lot of short passes and hitting check downs. Now did he do it every time no. But he was doing it. Guess what Geno missed some too. Brady missed some this weekend.

The problem is he could do exactly what you guys want 9 out of 10 times but you would complain about the one time he does not.

If there is a knock on Wilson thats the knock that and he holds the ball to long.. he is not perfect we don't expect him to be perfect but if Geno comes in and starts winning with making long sustained drives, which is going to help that D, then it will answer some questions about Wilson... Then the question will be How will Wilson respond... I say it helps him keep things into perspective..

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":27m33jzr said:
Do you think Geno has a legit chance of winning some games here got 3 games that are winnable do you think he can play well enough to pull this off?

LTH

I think he can win against Jacksonville maybe. I think Pittsburgh (i'll be at that game) and New Orleans are losses. It only gets worse from there.

Again Geno Smith is going to remind everbody why he's nothing but a perennial backup in the NFL. Crazy the amount of people going gaga over a backup QB that dinked and dunked against a prevent defense for a half of a game.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":1wenq4qf said:
John63":1wenq4qf said:
LTH":1wenq4qf said:
John63":1wenq4qf said:

LTH

If there is a knock on Wilson thats the knock that and he holds the ball to long.. he is not perfect we don't expect him to be perfect but if Geno comes in and starts winning with making long sustained drives, which is going to help that D, then it will answer some questions about Wilson... Then the question will be How will Wilson respond... I say it helps him keep things into perspective..

LTH

And as benn shown hr had the lowest time to throw of the 3 qbs in The Rams game.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Should be an entertaining few weeks. I’ll be rooting for wins.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3r2wiekm said:
LTH":3r2wiekm said:
John63":3r2wiekm said:
LTH":3r2wiekm said:

LTH

LTH

And as benn shown hr had the lowest time to throw of the 3 qbs in The Rams game.

sorry don't understand what your saying? whats Benn and HR

Tical21

Reaction score
Oh man the Russ is god crowd is really clutching their pearls now. Gotta feel bad for them, honestly.

Somos doces

Reaction score
I've rewritten this a handful of times, paring it down to the following: As much as it hurts to write this, if Geno is solid, I hope the team plays well but still loses as many games as possible. Russell Wilson's magic has propped up the Seahawks for too many years. The resulting poor draft position, paired with questionable decisions from the front office and coaching staff, have created a paper-thin roster that has (admittedly enjoyably) overachieved for several seasons in a row.

As I see it, if Wilson will be out for a decent stretch, the Seahawks need to take advantage of the opportunity to garner a (relatively) decent draft class. Restocking the team with affordable talent is essential to its future success. Playing .500 ball with a backup QB will hamstring the potential rebuild, in my opinion.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":xok5qf5w said:
John63":xok5qf5w said:
LTH":xok5qf5w said:
John63":xok5qf5w said:

LTH

sorry don't understand what your saying? whats Benn and HR

Sorry what I said was as has been shown he, meaning Wilson, had the lowest time to throw of the 3 qbs in the ram game

John63

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2th5npgq said:
Tical21":2th5npgq said:
Oh man the Russ is god crowd is really clutching their pearls now. Gotta feel bad for them, honestly.

Good to see this guy posting here. This guy knows his stuff!

LOl wow you really think he knows anything, or are you being sarcastic.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":fawpehz1 said:
Ace_Rimmer":fawpehz1 said:
Tical21":fawpehz1 said:

Good to see this guy posting here. This guy knows his stuff!

LOl wow you really think he knows anything, or are you being sarcastic.

I just think everybody is missing the big picture here... We want Geno to be successful... Nothing but good things can come from it... Even if it pinches Russ a bit... Good!! I hope he feels threatened because I know Russ will come back twice as sharp and out for vengeance... the worst thing that can happen is if Geno isn't successful..

We all want the Hawks to win but sometimes I think people don't want the hawks to win. If that's the case why are these people a Hawks fan?

Has your hate for PC , JS and Jody Allan made you dislike the team so bad that you want them to lose so you can be right? I mean that's crazy... we should be routing for this team because we love our Seahawks not so that we can be right in our opinions about the team......

LTH