Who do you think/want as the Hawks next coach?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
If we are going to spin the wheel on coaches I’d prefer someone who has been brought up in the NFL rather then a college head coach.

Kellen Moore makes a ton of sense but he may be too green. I’d have to see what he could bring in for a defensive coordinator.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":lxj6x3jj said:
Jon Gruden is now available, dude is an offense genius, and interviewed Russ before we drafted him. Gruden is also a MAGA that shares value with some 12s.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Not only no, but HELL NO to Gruden, not after the $#*t he's pulled over the last decade, and if he indeed is a MAGA?, that would be even more of a reason to disqualify his lame @$$ :pukeface: .

Rat

Reaction score
I like Kellen Moore, but I feel like that's probably a Jason Garrett situation, where Jerry Jones has basically promised him that he's the head coach in waiting. Maybe McCarthy sticks around as HC for a while, and Moore gets frustrated and moves on, but I feel like if that happens, it will be later than our timeline to need a new coach.

Byron Leftwich is interesting too. He's young, intelligent, and well-respected, but it is hard to proper evaluate someone when Tom Brady is their QB. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than guys like Josh McDaniels were though.

chris98251

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3u4uhenl said:
Fresh mind. Someone under 50.

So now we discriminate by age also..... Sex, Color, race, orientation what should we not hirer for besides age?????????

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":2rw7svuf said:
Maelstrom787":2rw7svuf said:
Interviews I'd want to secure:

Daboll
Bieniemy
Mike McDaniel
Renaldo Hill
Joe Brady
Dave Toub

Delete Bieniemy from that list!

He has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce by far the best 2 offensive receivers on one team in the NFL!

Their success was BEFORE they have to pay Mohomes, they BARELY started to pay him and that team is already falling apart WAYYYYYY faster than the Seahawks did when we had to pay Wilson...

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

MAHOMES IS ONLY MAKING 7.4 MILLION THIS YEAR, HE MAKES 35.8 MILLION NEXT YEAR!!!

Why are they already starting to suck and they haven't even took a 28.4 million dollar hit with Mahome's salary??????

Tyreek Hill + Travis Kelce + Mahomes is 3 insane players who can carry any offense.

Wilson did it with Marshawn Lynch + Doug Baldwin (undrafted) + Golden Tate (2nd round pick).

It's a very similar situation but the Chiefs seem to be falling apart much faster than the Seahawks...

TLDR:

I don't want to hire a coach who relied on insane talent before having to pay a QB. We already did that ourselves.

Reid tree is successful regardless. This is an aberration for Kansas City, and no team is consistently perfect forever. That's just not realistic.

If you're going for pedigree, the Andy Reid tree is the place to go. Period.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
chris98251":1y3jkbjc said:
HomerJHawk":1y3jkbjc said:

So now we discriminate by age also..... $ex, Color, race, orientation what should we not hirer for besides age?????????

Don't forget political beliefs.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Rat":3dxi631z said:
I like Kellen Moore, but I feel like that's probably a Jason Garrett situation, where Jerry Jones has basically promised him that he's the head coach in waiting. Maybe McCarthy sticks around as HC for a while, and Moore gets frustrated and moves on, but I feel like if that happens, it will be later than our timeline to need a new coach.

Byron Leftwich is interesting too. He's young, intelligent, and well-respected, but it is hard to proper evaluate someone when Tom Brady is their QB. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than guys like Josh McDaniels were though.
Enough money can persuade anyone. Dallas offered him more money than Boise ST did at the end of the day.

TreeRon

Reaction score
toffee":2ash09z0 said:
Jon Gruden is now available, dude is an offense genius, and interviewed Russ before we drafted him. Gruden is also a MAGA that shares value with some 12s.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Shocked that Gruden's MAGA based on the leaked e-mails. :sarcasm_on:
Just locker room talk.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Rat":2ujwukhv said:

Chris Peterson as his O coordinator.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rat":22pylg4e said:

s

Glad to see the discussion about Kellen Moore. He has a great coaching pedigree as his dad Tom was a very good high school football coach. His home town of Prosser, WA is football mad. When Kellen was at Boise State, they used to close the local movie theatre and project the Boise State football games live.

I know that he's well respected in Big D, but outside of that, I don't know what kind of HC he would make.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":18qyhnur said:
HomerJHawk":18qyhnur said:

So now we discriminate by age also..... $ex, Color, race, orientation what should we not hirer for besides age?????????
There are rumors that next 007 could be a black woman. May be the Hawks can be the pioneer and hire a woman?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ilbjovc said:
Riley would be a great get.
I agree but Lincoln Riley wouldn’t leave the safe confines and local and state superstar status of being the Sooners head coach. Who probably pays him handsomely.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Possibly Leftwich. I think he would be good for Russ.

Bienemy has Hill and Kelce, shit, we have DK and Lockett. I think we stand up to them equally.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell needs someone that will kick his ass along the lines of Holmgren to push him, Hass, Farve and others hated him for a while and were scared of him but after getting there praised him for seeing something they didn't see in themselves.

Tical21

Reaction score
I knew Kellen Moore would get votes lol. Cause abandoning the run always works so well.

Give me Todd Bowles.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley, Joe Brady. Let them bring in a creative defensive coordinator.