Who do you think/want as the Hawks next coach?

chrispy

Reaction score
I'd like to see Pete try to assemble and train a solid young D again while simultaneously using a good QB to run a simplified O (that make the QB look like a HOFer). I don't really care if the new QB comes from within, FA, draft or bagging groceries. Wherever the QB comes from, I know it will induce further calls for his firing, and I wholeheartedly encourage rabid emotion from this fanbase...even when I disagree. If JA fires PC, at that point, I'll be excited for that new chapter. Until then, I'm pretty excited about the current new chapter/new QB/new QB search.

Any new hire would hope to (and profess to be able to) accomplish the same thing that the current Head Coach has already done. I believe PC might be able to replicate his Seahawk success better than an unknown creating it from scratch. ...but I'm eager to see it play out one way or another. Everything I've seen so far this season makes me hopeful and even somewhat confident.

I'm a Vandal so I'm morally opposed to Chris Petersen or Kellen Moore... until they're physically wearing a Seahawks logo.

Slick

Reaction score
I'm not sure he has the experience yet or if his charisma translates to better play but after watching Hard Knocks man I love Aaron Glenn.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's been shown , Bieniemy is a token clipboard holder offensive coordinator in name only. The Chefs have tried to pawn him off the last 2 seasons. No one wants him. He also has dirt on his suit from when he went to college ( Colo?) and got in trouble . I wont say what for. Look it up.
Yeah, I'm out on Bieniemy as well after watching this last round of interviews come and go and listening to what his former players say about him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If you're looking at completion percentage, sure. He's not playing bad but I wouldn't say he's playing great either. He's really only got one party trick -- dinking and dunking. He can't stretch the field and he struggles to move the ball with any sort of consistency. He is not a long term solution.
His average depth of target was higher in the Falcons game, and without any real drop in efficiency. He can moderately stretch the field, just in the intermediate range rather than via moonballs.

His numbers so far are seriously good shit, especially on third down. Hopefully it starts translating into touchdowns.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I want PC and JS through next season 2023. It's a bit comical to me to see all the anti-Pete people on this board. They seem a bit delusional and out of touch with reality. PC and the Seahawks have been top 3 in wins in the ENTIRE league over this period of time and yet people want him gone. Madness I say. Have people forgotten the terrible years of Seahawks play for the prior 30 years before PC? Do they suppose you can find a great HC out of thin air? I don't. I think PC and JS are building something special, but only time will tell. If 2022 ends up with a 5-6 win season and 2023 end with less than 9 wins then I would support moving on. I think he deserves through next season to complete the vision they started when trading RW away.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I want PC and JS through next season 2023. It's a bit comical to me to see all the anti-Pete people on this board. They seem a bit delusional and out of touch with reality. PC and the Seahawks have been top 3 in wins in the ENTIRE league over this period of time and yet people want him gone. Madness I say. Have people forgotten the terrible years of Seahawks play for the prior 30 years before PC? Do they suppose you can find a great HC out of thin air? I don't. I think PC and JS are building something special, but only time will tell. If 2022 ends up with a 5-6 win season and 2023 end with less than 9 wins then I would support moving on. I think he deserves through next season to complete the vision they started when trading RW away.
Pete’s calling card is D. He has failed at evaluating D players in the draft, and now we are where we are.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So...Hmmm, What pi$$es me off, is QUITE -A- FEW> PETE HATERS, that are actually>> B-E-L-I-E-V-I-N-G<<< that they KNOW more about Football than the MAN that orchestrated THE--MOST-- SUCCESSFUL-- SEAHAWKS-- STREAK OF WINS--IN --SEAHAWKS HISTORY.
I know it sounds harsh, but I DON'T CARE>>> SOME OF THOSE GUYS ARE >>>>I-D-I-O-T-S<<<<
Not even BILLY BELLICHICKLE Wins them all, AND HE'S A HALL OF FAME HC folks!!

Rat

Reaction score
Seeing what Doug Pederson is doing in Jacksonville, of all places, has me wishing Pete had decided to move on this past offseason. I'm OK with him sticking around for now; I kind of want to see how the season progresses. Byron Leftwich is intriguing to me.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I was hoping that Seahawks would bring in Brian Callahan as HC when PC is gone. He's been incredible every place he's gone, so it can't be a coincidence.

Brian Callahan has worked for Jim Caldwell (quarterbacks), John Fox (offensive assistant), Jon Gruden (quarterbacks), Gary Kubiak (offensive assistant), Josh McDaniels (coaching assistant), and Zac Taylor (offensive coordinator)

Denver Broncos - Worked with Manning during some of his best statistical years and SB win.

Detroit Lions - Worked with Stafford during his best statistical years.

Oakland Raiders - Worked with Carr during his best statistical years.

Cincinnati Bengals - Currently working with Joe Burrow.

Rainger

Reaction score
Being that most of us (91% as per the poll on .Net) want Pete gone no later than the off-season, who would you think the Hawks would go get and who would you want?

I think they’d get Pederson and I would probably want him too.

Your picks?
Well I didn't see that poll. I want PC, and since it will be a couple more years before he is gone this question is stupid cause the world will seismically change in the coaching world by then.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Start. Geno is putting up excellent numbers.

In as far as nearly everyone had written off Geno as incompetent and clearly you likely still do, Geno is performing quite effectively. Even the best QBs need support from the whole team.

So far, albeit with a small sample size, Geno has shown improvement. Will that last? Maybe, maybe not. But as long as he is the man receiving the ball, I will continue to enjoy watching what he does.

Looking at Geno through jaded hurt feelings will make his performance quite easy to criticize because negative emotions will whisper lies in your ear that move your heart and cloud your mind.

Being a fan is often an emotional thing, so carry on, but understand your emotions don't lead to truth beyond yourself.
nice straw man argument. Geno averages 1.25 Tds a game, and has scores zero touchdowns in the 4th quarter. That is in no way good or excellent. That equals bottom of the league in scoring when all is said and done. Our two top receivers will have less than half the production they did in previous years. Throwing checkdowns all day and not scoring but having high completion precentage isnt fooling anyone watching and it certainly isn't fooling other teams. Stack the box, stop the run and make Geno beat you. Thats not going to happen.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Yall can't stop talking about Geno...in a coaching thread nevertheless.

Looks like .net found their next head coach, ha.

BASF

Reaction score
Jon Gruden
Why exactly? His coaching record is worse than Carroll. His offensive system was successful for a few seasons when no one knew his tweaks on the west coast offense and he had two hall of fame receivers (and there are several who would argue that it should be three with Andre Rison having been opposite Brown until Rice was signed the next season). His Super Bowl run was with a stacked team that he had no part in actually building. Which he then ran into the ground only winning ten games again once. He has not had a playoff win in his last ten seasons of being a head coach.

morgulon1

Reaction score
100%. My question is who the heck do the Seahawks go out and get as a replacement? No one seems to know but they throw out a bunch of coordinators names that they've heard on espn. I think
there's a great chance they could be a huge downgrade from what we have now. The current regime
has earned an opportunity to see the next couple of years to see their plan through.

The other thing that comes with a new regime. You're starting over. How many seasons would they
be looking at now? 3 years ? 5 years ? Lather rinse repeat.
His average depth of target was higher in the Falcons game, and without any real drop in efficiency. He can moderately stretch the field, just in the intermediate range rather than via moonballs.

His numbers so far are seriously good shit, especially on third down. Hopefully it starts translating into touchdowns.
I think if he gets a full season , stays healthy he'll be a lot better at the end of the year. People don't have any patience these days. Matt Hasselbeck ( love the dude) struggled for quite a few games before he got it together and then he was a pretty darn good. I support Geno Smith and hope he succeeds.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Why exactly? His coaching record is worse than Carroll. His offensive system was successful for a few seasons when no one knew his tweaks on the west coast offense and he had two hall of fame receivers (and there are several who would argue that it should be three with Andre Rison having been opposite Brown until Rice was signed the next season). His Super Bowl run was with a stacked team that he had no part in actually building. Which he then ran into the ground only winning ten games again once. He has not had a playoff win in his last ten seasons of being a head coach.
We can point out anyone's faults but...
1) He is a Super Bowl Champion
2) He still wants to coach.
3) He is available

There is a freakishly short list of people who meet those standards.

Fade

Reaction score
First of all, we're stuck with Pete until Judy sells the team in 2024/25.

The Seahawks are being held in a sort of limbo to keep things nice and tidy for selling purposes.

But if the Seahawks actually want to do things right and not set the franchise back for years to come. They need to fire Pete at the end of the year and go get a coach that they feel confident in that can develop QBs.

The Seahawks are about to make a major investment in that position and they cannot afford to screw it up.