Who do you think/want as the Hawks next coach?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Dan Quinn
Brad Childress
Leslie Frasier
Mike Leach
Lane Kiffin

That's my wish list

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I mentioned him once, but it boggles my mind how overlooked Dave Toub is. A consistently excellent coach overlooked solely because he's an ST coach.

Toub is the wave. If Pete goes, pair Toub and Schneider and poach Mike Kafka for OC.

BASF

Reaction score
I honestly am disappointed that only three of you mentioned defensive coaches. Our problem is defense. It has been defense for the past three seasons and we don't really have any light at the end of the tunnel. We need better defensive minds in the building more than we need offensive minds. If this season has proven one thing, it is that Wilson will run the offense he wants to run.

All that being said, the two choices I would run with from the NFL would be Sean Desai and I would be willing to give Dennis Allen another shot at being a head coach. He has had seven years more experience to better his coaching ability.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CPHawk":tw4cylyg said:
hawkfan68":tw4cylyg said:

Only if he brings Herbert with him. Was an article this week showing how Herbert has been able to make plays covering up the ball play calling by Lombardi.

Drew Brees endorses him - https://www.yahoo.com/now/drew-brees-visits-chargers-camp-184134207.html https://nflspinzone.com/2014/01/25/drew-brees-joe-lombardi-extremely-intelligent-innovative/

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2t4w0yhi said:
chris98251":2t4w0yhi said:
HomerJHawk":2t4w0yhi said:
Fresh mind. Someone under 50.

So now we discriminate by age also..... $ex, Color, race, orientation what should we not hirer for besides age?????????
There are rumors that next 007 could be a black woman. May be the Hawks can be the pioneer and hire a woman?

Lol. This was not an ageist specific request, I was just generalizing. I'm over 50 so it's ok. :)

If we can find a non white, non binary, ageless, apolitical individual that can coach like a mother f&$cker, we can check all the boxes.
But my only qualifier is to just check the last box.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":330kaazd said:
chris98251":330kaazd said:
HomerJHawk":330kaazd said:
Fresh mind. Someone under 50.

So now we discriminate by age also..... $ex, Color, race, orientation what should we not hirer for besides age?????????
There are rumors that next 007 could be a black woman. May be the Hawks can be the pioneer and hire a woman?

Seen that, also now they are saying that the next Superman is going to be bisexual.

I thought we had one of those on the CW with Super Girl.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
BUMPED thread cause this is relevant again.

Seattle needs a modern offensive minded head coach.

Could you imagine how much Carroll wouldn’t use Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes correctly?

Allen and Mahomes wouldn’t be the same Allen and Mahomes under the tutelage of Carroll.

If Carroll coaches Seattle for another 3 years or so, maybe, a current college coach that has a wild offense can come in to shake things up for Seattle.

Or not? Lol.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BUMPED thread cause this is relevant again.

Seattle needs a modern offensive minded head coach.

Could you imagine how much Carroll wouldn’t use Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes correctly?

Allen and Mahomes wouldn’t be the same Allen and Mahomes under the tutelage of Carroll.

If Carroll coaches Seattle for another 3 years or so, maybe, a current college coach that has a wild offense can come in to shake things up for Seattle.

Or not? Lol.
They'd both be fine, and Josh Allen is already under a defensive head coach in McDermott.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
They'd both be fine, and Josh Allen is already under a defensive head coach in McDermott.
That’s true.

However, I’m not entirely sold on Mahomes and Allen’s skill set would have been “grown and developed” under Carroll’s system.

But I guess, we will never find out.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That’s true.

However, I’m not entirely sold on Mahomes and Allen’s skill set would have been “grown and developed” under Carroll’s system.

But I guess, we will never find out.
I think they're both actually great fits for the system that Russ thrived in. Emphasis on rushing takes pressure off the passer. Both talented deep ball guys.

We're witnessing Geno Smith put up excellent numbers as a QB1, I think the place these guys have the best track record is QB honestly

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think they're both actually great fits for the system that Russ thrived in. Emphasis on rushing takes pressure off the passer. Both talented deep ball guys.

We're witnessing Geno Smith put up excellent numbers as a QB1, I think the place these guys have the best track record is QB honestly
Geno is not putting up excellent numbers. Stop.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No, they're pretty damn good.

They're just numbers and they don't tell the full story, but he's one of the most efficient passers in the league so far on paper.

If you wanna make the case otherwise, nut up and do so. Otherwise, you "stop."

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Start. Geno is putting up excellent numbers.

In as far as nearly everyone had written off Geno as incompetent and clearly you likely still do, Geno is performing quite effectively. Even the best QBs need support from the whole team.

So far, albeit with a small sample size, Geno has shown improvement. Will that last? Maybe, maybe not. But as long as he is the man receiving the ball, I will continue to enjoy watching what he does.

Looking at Geno through jaded hurt feelings will make his performance quite easy to criticize because negative emotions will whisper lies in your ear that move your heart and cloud your mind.

Being a fan is often an emotional thing, so carry on, but understand your emotions don't lead to truth beyond yourself.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Start. Geno is putting up excellent numbers.

In as far as nearly everyone had written off Geno as incompetent and clearly you likely still do, Geno is performing quite effectively. Even the best QBs need support from the whole team.

So far, albeit with a small sample size, Geno has shown improvement. Will that last? Maybe, maybe not. But as long as he is the man receiving the ball, I will continue to enjoy watching what he does.

Looking at Geno through jaded hurt feelings will make his performance quite easy to criticize because negative emotions will whisper lies in your ear that move your heart and cloud your mind.

Being a fan is often an emotional thing, so carry on, but understand your emotions don't lead to truth beyond yourself.
If you're looking at completion percentage, sure. He's not playing bad but I wouldn't say he's playing great either. He's really only got one party trick -- dinking and dunking. He can't stretch the field and he struggles to move the ball with any sort of consistency. He is not a long term solution.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Being that most of us (91% as per the poll on .Net) want Pete gone no later than the off-season, who would you think the Hawks would go get and who would you want?

I think they’d get Pederson and I would probably want him too.

Your picks?
Im not for running off a SB winning coach. Not yet anyway.

BASF

Reaction score
If you're looking at completion percentage, sure. He's not playing bad but I wouldn't say he's playing great either. He's really only got one party trick -- dinking and dunking. He can't stretch the field and he struggles to move the ball with any sort of consistency. He is not a long term solution.
How far do you want him to throw it? Several passes have gone more than twenty plus in the air. How far does it need to go to drop this narrative?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Interviews I'd want to secure:

Daboll
Bieniemy
Mike McDaniel
Renaldo Hill
Joe Brady
Dave Toub

Let Schneider pick.

Also, hire Mike Shanahan and have him come own his own son for a few years. Just because that sounds funny to me.
It's been shown , Bieniemy is a token clipboard holder offensive coordinator in name only. The Chefs have tried to pawn him off the last 2 seasons. No one wants him. He also has dirt on his suit from when he went to college ( Colo?) and got in trouble . I wont say what for. Look it up.