Who Is Your Most Over-rated Player?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":e9jsfjdy said:
SantaClaraHawk":e9jsfjdy said:
Dwayne Haskins.

Did Dwayne Haskins have any hype? legitimate question? I remember his pre-draft status was lukewarm at best.

It looks like the Lamar Jackson hype ship is sinking.

After he was taken by Washington Football Team in the first, there sure was hype. The kid was seen as almost a Tua. Didn't take much for WFT and their fans to start screaming for Haskins to start, and then the short-lived excuses that he was just a rookie and needed time.

Something had to have gone deeply wrong with Haskins and Rivera. Now they're starting Alex Smith--and his story is awesome--but Smith's a statue who can't run. If WFT didn't have a running game and a decent D, the score on Dal/Wash would have been flipped.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2lt6yl2v said:
sdog1981":2lt6yl2v said:
SantaClaraHawk":2lt6yl2v said:
Dwayne Haskins.

Did Dwayne Haskins have any hype? legitimate question? I remember his pre-draft status was lukewarm at best.

It looks like the Lamar Jackson hype ship is sinking.

After he was taken by Washington Football Team in the first, there sure was hype. The kid was seen as almost a Tua. Didn't take much for WFT and their fans to start screaming for Haskins to start, and then the short-lived excuses that he was just a rookie and needed time.

Something had to have gone deeply wrong with Haskins and Rivera. Now they're starting Alex Smith--and his story is awesome--but Smith's a statue who can't run. If WFT didn't have a running game and a decent D, the score on Dal/Wash would have been flipped.

If Seattle had a young Lynch, and the LOB was here and Young again we would have more Super Bowls.

Smith doesn't have to run, he is smart, and has a good release and his team steps up for him, he doesn't make a bunch of bone head plays.

Dallas made them look better then they are, but Smith is steady and a good anchor for that offense to function, they don't need to be the Chiefs on offense, they just don't want to be the Jets.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I was going to mention Allen. It's rare, but sometimes coaches do move off a first-round pick, less rare if they or their gms actually didn't make that pick.

Smith is an excellent bridge/mentor QB, second only to Fitzpatrick. WFT obviously doesn't like the Haskins pick anymore, so it'll be interesting to see them going through the bargain FA bin for some hotshot from 2017 on up.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":ds5pzacp said:
94Smith":ds5pzacp said:
So how do you define overrated? No one said Clowney, Haskins, Garopollo or Newton was the best at their position this offseason. They did with Wagner. To be overrated, I think you have to be rated highly initially than you actually are. Would you not say the four above were probably ranked where they actually were this offseason? Newton couldn't even get a contract this offseason. Garopollo was placed around 15th best in the league this offseason. I don't think anyone has ever said Haskins is good. Clowney thinks he is worth more than teams would pay him.

So out of all the players you guys have listed that leaves Zeke (who is having a terrible year but does not have a QB to take pressure off the run game) , Rodgers who is in the MVP conversation still, and Lamar Jackson who is probably overrated but won the MVP last year.

Say what you will about Wagner but he is not the best anymore, so he is technically overrated if he was listed as #1 overall this offseason

I was going to try to explain but figure it would be like trying to explain how Trump lost the election to one of his supporters, no matter what I typed it won't change anything due to the person already pouring cement on his opinion which will never move.
Politics in a sports discussion? Really? This is why I hate social media and message boards. :229031_banghead:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'd say overall that Alex Smith is both an overrated and an underrated player.

Smith does best when there's at least a couple years continuity with his coordinator, and probably less well than many when that person is replaced more often, as seen with the 9ers and Chiefs. Rivera wasn't the coach in 2018, but Smith has had extensive player comms with Rivera since he came on.

Smith is a dilemma. Had the 9ers quit churning coordinators would he have done better? He has shown he does well over time--so was the SB appearance and the losing nfccg of 2013 worth it for the 3-4 years of total dysfunction that followed?

I suppose some might consider that political lol...but I see it as more the metaphysical.

Is it worth it to touch Eden for one minute knowing you'll be banished to Pluto for four years, 40 years or more?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":tga9lr93 said:
chris98251":tga9lr93 said:
94Smith":tga9lr93 said:
So how do you define overrated? No one said Clowney, Haskins, Garopollo or Newton was the best at their position this offseason. They did with Wagner. To be overrated, I think you have to be rated highly initially than you actually are. Would you not say the four above were probably ranked where they actually were this offseason? Newton couldn't even get a contract this offseason. Garopollo was placed around 15th best in the league this offseason. I don't think anyone has ever said Haskins is good. Clowney thinks he is worth more than teams would pay him.

So out of all the players you guys have listed that leaves Zeke (who is having a terrible year but does not have a QB to take pressure off the run game) , Rodgers who is in the MVP conversation still, and Lamar Jackson who is probably overrated but won the MVP last year.

Say what you will about Wagner but he is not the best anymore, so he is technically overrated if he was listed as #1 overall this offseason

I was going to try to explain but figure it would be like trying to explain how Trump lost the election to one of his supporters, no matter what I typed it won't change anything due to the person already pouring cement on his opinion which will never move.
Politics in a sports discussion? Really? This is why I hate social media and message boards. :229031_banghead:

Quit being a frigid Wench, it was analogy for basically talking to a brick wall.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Lamar & Wentz are hugely overrated. Clowney never lived up to the hit he put on that poor Michigan RB.

Patrick Peterson has been overrated for 3 years now. Larry Fitzgerald for 5 years.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
chris98251":l5glt6tx said:
Seahwkgal":l5glt6tx said:
chris98251":l5glt6tx said:
94Smith":l5glt6tx said:

Quit being a frigid Wench, it was analogy for basically talking to a brick wall.

Haha totally! :mrgreen: It was a pure analogy, rather than a political statement. As soon as the word "Trump" is in the statement, some people just stop reading all together.

Slick

Reaction score
I'll give you two:

Lamar Jackson - another Greg Roman success story problem is that success gets figured out and injured. Lamar is a failed "pocket-passer" conversion away from being a JAG.

J.J. Watt - currently this guy gets his knob slobbed by every NFL "analyst" there is and he's about 4 season removed from relevance. He's got 4 sacks this year FWIW.

Threedee

Reaction score
Gotta be Lamar Jackson. He's the only player who is supremely hyped and not delivering. People admit that Zeke is slowly down, and none of the other young QBs are really being all that hyped (Mayfield, Darnold, etc).

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":p876v04c said:
chris98251":p876v04c said:
94Smith":p876v04c said:

You could have just let it go.

Perhaps a less volatile analogy might be trying to explain fly fishing to a bait fishermen.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
No need to let it go. Bringing up politics on this board is an asshole move.

No mention of Daks Prescott?

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Is it me, or is Kyler Murray looking a little overrated right now? The NFL was singing songs about him 2 weeks ago...

Zap90

Reaction score
Not sure how you can call a person with 2 rings overrated. Also he’s a QB and not just any position player.

I see people putting names like Lamar and even Kyle Murray but everyone can have a down year. I mean we can say RW is overrated, how many times did he turn the ball recently??

I agree on Zeke and my other pick is Earl Thomas

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":d5hzlkeh said:
No need to let it go. Bringing up politics on this board is an asshole move.

No mention of Daks Prescott?

I never said I wasn't an asshole, your read much here or just post your drivel?

You would know if you did.

:p

That and some people don't get hints and need to get hit in the head with a brick for shit to register, they got the analogy and were pissed of what I used and got bent for it.

I DON'T CARE, THE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED AS INTENDED, an analogy.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1skvb017 said:
Lamar & Wentz are hugely overrated. Clowney never lived up to the hit he put on that poor Michigan RB.

Patrick Peterson has been overrated for 3 years now. Larry Fitzgerald for 5 years.

Clowney has been overrated since he was 18. His whole NFL career was built on that highlight.

Latest posts