Will Jamal Adams play next year without a new contract?

Elemas

Reaction score
We absolutely must lock him in. He could be the greatest Hawk safety ever when its all said and done.

With that company, we don't let this guy walk...nor piss him off.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Elemas":1m18hi4i said:
We absolutely must lock him in. He could be the greatest Hawk safety ever when its all said and done.

With that company, we don't let this guy walk...nor piss him off.
Are you comfortable giving him $18-20 million per year? If I am his agent that is what I am asking for.

Elemas

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":hvsjflo6 said:
For what they traded for him, he better not be a 1-year rental.

About as comfortable as you are trading away 2 first round picks and only getting a season or two.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Adams has brought imo, not only a lot to a Defense talent and versatility wise.. but he brought something that’s been missing since the LOB

Swagger. Our defense has had a swagger to them since his arrival and since they’ve started to click. And I love it and his passion. They need to keep him. Yes he’s been injured this year, but I’m not worried about his durability. For him I’d say it’s more of a conditioning issue and lack of everything else thanks to COVID. The dude lays his heart out on the field and plays. Give him his contract

potatohead33

Reaction score
I think Jamal is looking to get paid (he does have a Rolls Royce, lol) but I also think he loves to play and wants to win. Add in his confidence and leadership, and those are the guys you want to keep around.

It's still odd they didn't extend him as part of the trade. I have to imagine they wanted to but couldn't come to terms. There's no way he plays next year without an extension and/or being traded if he wants too much. Only other option is if they want to franchise him.

I think they will get a deal done where he will be the highest paid safety in the league but still somewhat team friendly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
potatohead33":1skllbn7 said:
I think they will get a deal done where he will be the highest paid safety in the league but still somewhat team friendly.

I think the fact that Adams is saying things like "I'm not a safety I'm a missile" tells you that he's probably not going to be happy with just being the highest paid safety, which is around 14M.

He considers himself more than that, which means he might be asking for way more than 15M. Which is concerning.

Doesn't mean we won't get something done, but I'd be cautious if people are thinking he's going to be OK with just making another 100K more than the last safety who got paid.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
no, of course not. I don't even know why that's even a question.

chris98251

Reaction score
Does he have kids to feed, just asking for a former Safety..............

potatohead33

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34ibn617 said:
potatohead33":34ibn617 said:

I think the fact that Adams is saying things like "I'm not a safety I'm a missile" tells you that he's probably not going to be happy with just being the highest paid safety, which is around 14M.

He considers himself more than that, which means he might be asking for way more than 15M. Which is concerning.

Doesn't mean we won't get something done, but I'd be cautious if people are thinking he's going to be OK with just making another 100K more than the last safety who got paid.

At some point the agent will talk these types of guys down to earth. Jimmy Graham wanted receiver 1 money instead of TE money too, never really got it. I mean look at Clowney, although admittedly not a great example because his stats never backed up his demands.

Jamal is a great player, gets sacks, causes disruptions, but he has weaknesses too. He hasn't exactly been durable to this point and his coverage is sub par. If he is money chasing rather than ring chasing I guess we will find out.

Latest posts