Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
hawks85":3issztbl said:
LTH":3issztbl said:
12th Dimension":3issztbl said:
He had a bad game. It happens. His mental mistakes far outweighed his physical issues.

Even with all that, I thought it was a game we had a chance to win.

Well the way I see it is that this was gthe issue last year... Russ just has this thing to where he wants to be a gun slinger and he is forcing balls into double coverage not because he is being selfish its because he believes he can make the play and Defenses have adjusted to him but he keeps throwing into double coverage and throwing INT's instead of taking what the D gives him and forcing the D to adjust to him again... The big plays will happen if he is patient but he is not.. he needs to wait until he gets a one on one with Metcalf or Lockett and that's not going to happen unless he adjusts to what the D is doing...

People want to blame Carroll but its not Carroll or Waldron it's the decisions Russ is making... Geno is not as good a QB as Russ physically but I think he would have had a better game than Russ did purely because of his decision making...

LTH

^^^^THIS^^^^
I've been saying this for a LONG time. Wilson is a backyard gun slinging QB. He doesn't know how to and is very very bad at reading a defense and making the right decisions. He can't pick a defense apart whatsoever and his foot speed is sloppy and extremely bad. These are staples to operating a west coast offense properly. Look at Montana in SB23. A 1:53 left on the clock and drove that niners team down the field 90 something yards and pick that defense apart without throwing a single pass over 20 yards and scored the winning touchdown to Taylor on a slant route. That's a west coast QB in a west coast offense and that's what Wilson should be doing. Instead Wilson drops back a million miles and just chucks it up to the furthest WR in double coverage with guys clearly open in the flat and in the middle of the field. The other issue is that Wilson is very religious and thinks all things are possible through Christ, well he needs to have a sit down the Jesus and re-evaluate.

Two problems with this...

Who said seahawks were west coast offense? Are you saying russ has never picked a defense apart?

keasley45

Reaction score
hawks85":yfi8enl4 said:
LTH":yfi8enl4 said:
12th Dimension":yfi8enl4 said:
He had a bad game. It happens. His mental mistakes far outweighed his physical issues.

Well the way I see it is that this was gthe issue last year... Russ just has this thing to where he wants to be a gun slinger and he is forcing balls into double coverage not because he is being selfish its because he believes he can make the play and Defenses have adjusted to him but he keeps throwing into double coverage and throwing INT's instead of taking what the D gives him and forcing the D to adjust to him again... The big plays will happen if he is patient but he is not.. he needs to wait until he gets a one on one with Metcalf or Lockett and that's not going to happen unless he adjusts to what the D is doing...

People want to blame Carroll but its not Carroll or Waldron it's the decisions Russ is making... Geno is not as good a QB as Russ physically but I think he would have had a better game than Russ did purely because of his decision making...

LTH

^^^^THIS^^^^
I've been saying this for a LONG time. Wilson is a backyard gun slinging QB. He doesn't know how to and is very very bad at reading a defense and making the right decisions. He can't pick a defense apart whatsoever and his foot speed is sloppy and extremely bad. These are staples to operating a west coast offense properly. Look at Montana in SB23. A 1:53 left on the clock and drove that niners team down the field 90 something yards and pick that defense apart without throwing a single pass over 20 yards and scored the winning touchdown to Taylor on a slant route. That's a west coast QB in a west coast offense and that's what Wilson should be doing. Instead Wilson drops back a million miles and just chucks it up to the furthest WR in double coverage with guys clearly open in the flat and in the middle of the field. The other issue is that Wilson is very religious and thinks all things are possible through Christ, well he needs to have a sit down the Jesus and re-evaluate.

That's exactly what he did on the play to DK later in the game. Dropped back 10 yards. Stood their patting the ball. Had two WR deep, both doubled, and chucked it anyway when he had his RB in the flat with yards and yards of space in front of him.

Bit the throw 50 yards downfield to a bracketed DK
He's OK with, and the gimme read and gimme throw to Dissly is hard.

You literally can't even have a logical conversation about basic football...

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":1w54d4mq said:
hawks85":1w54d4mq said:
LTH":1w54d4mq said:
12th Dimension":1w54d4mq said:

LTH

^^^^THIS^^^^

That's exactly what he did on the play to DK later in the game. Dropped back 10 yards. Stood their patting the ball. Had two WR deep, both doubled, and chucked it anyway when he had his RB in the flat with yards and yards of space in front of him.

Your an idiot. That is a given.

Throw up a 5050 ball...who to chose from...dk...supposedly big and fast compared to megatron(not)...or dissly who had a ball bounce off bare hands 10 yards away facing russ?
Good choice. You take dissly. All go dk. Unfortunately we both lose because again no wr on this team makes contested catches.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3g74j3c2 said:
keasley45":3g74j3c2 said:
jamescasey1124":3g74j3c2 said:
What you are also not looking at is the drop step wilson took. Is that play design or do you think he did that himself?
Gurantee it is designed because they practice formational plays where they have dedicated amount of drop steps. 3 5 and 7. Not Russell's fault Chandler Jones beat him there. Cards ran a good defensive play. Also Chandler timed that up really well. I would suspect there is another problem. You don't see that though and everything is Russell's reads or mis-reads.

I think I mentioned that A. If the qb reads a defense and in the first steps back sees a wr is going to be open he can modify his drop to hit the play - Anticipation. The notion that a qb is going to forego a gimme play because coach said to take a 5 step drop is absurd and it wasn't that. AND Russ's read despite the safety dropping g wide and Dissly breaking free right away was Lockett. When that was covered, play was over. Obvious read was Dissly as soon as the safety over Dissly fades outside. LITERALLY FOOTBALLE 101. B the pocket was an easy read, step up and right and the field is open to Dissly still or Collins.

And honestly, if Russ can't make that read and sees it as being as difficult as you do, there's no hope for this offense or this team.

Nah...its more of because he doesn't make dumb decisions like you. Will take a sack over turnover and doesn't throw plays you wish he would in hindsight. Doesn't matter man...you going to believe what you want and not what is reality. Your talking about modifying drop steps in the middle of looking at a completely different reciever. Oh yeah cuz that makes sense. Supposedly modify a drop step to reciever your not even looking for. Hmmm...seems funny. I guess no one wants to be wrong huh.

Classy post.

Your read of this play is literally laughable, and the fact that you and others here first saying that the safeties were in position to make the play (wrong), then that the LBs were in position to deflect the ball (wrong), then that he doesnt trust his receievers, then that the throw didnt match his drop... or that the throw was only one Rodgers could make...its embarrassinngly bad.

SImple answer is he was locked into Lockett, the defense predicted it. When that wasnt there, he didnt even acknowledge Dissly or the open pocket in front of ihm and took the sack.

And here. Here's the field in front of Dissly will no one in front of him... again.

51702853559 d1c1bccee3 cScreenshot_20211124-105811_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2yqjqfmb said:
keasley45":2yqjqfmb said:
hawks85":2yqjqfmb said:
LTH":2yqjqfmb said:

LTH

^^^^THIS^^^^

Throw up a 5050 ball...who to chose from...dk...supposedly big and fast compared to megatron(not)...or dissly who had a ball bounce off bare hands 10 yards away facing russ?
Good choice. You take dissly. All go dk. Unfortunately we both lose because again no wr on this team makes contested catches.

LOL . Listen to what you just said. nobody on this team makes contested catches. .. . So keep throwing the ball to players who have no choice but make contested catches.

There was no need to throw a 5050 ball. the running back was a 100/0 choice.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":yftqpveu said:
jamescasey1124":yftqpveu said:
keasley45":yftqpveu said:
jamescasey1124":yftqpveu said:
What you are also not looking at is the drop step wilson took. Is that play design or do you think he did that himself?
Gurantee it is designed because they practice formational plays where they have dedicated amount of drop steps. 3 5 and 7. Not Russell's fault Chandler Jones beat him there. Cards ran a good defensive play. Also Chandler timed that up really well. I would suspect there is another problem. You don't see that though and everything is Russell's reads or mis-reads.

I think I mentioned that A. If the qb reads a defense and in the first steps back sees a wr is going to be open he can modify his drop to hit the play - Anticipation. The notion that a qb is going to forego a gimme play because coach said to take a 5 step drop is absurd and it wasn't that. AND Russ's read despite the safety dropping g wide and Dissly breaking free right away was Lockett. When that was covered, play was over. Obvious read was Dissly as soon as the safety over Dissly fades outside. LITERALLY FOOTBALLE 101. B the pocket was an easy read, step up and right and the field is open to Dissly still or Collins.

And honestly, if Russ can't make that read and sees it as being as difficult as you do, there's no hope for this offense or this team.

Nah...its more of because he doesn't make dumb decisions like you. Will take a sack over turnover and doesn't throw plays you wish he would in hindsight. Doesn't matter man...you going to believe what you want and not what is reality. Your talking about modifying drop steps in the middle of looking at a completely different reciever. Oh yeah cuz that makes sense. Supposedly modify a drop step to reciever your not even looking for. Hmmm...seems funny. I guess no one wants to be wrong huh.

Classy post.

Your read of this play is literally laughable, and the fact that you and others here first saying that the safeties were in position to make the play (wrong), then that the LBs were in position to deflect the ball (wrong), then that he doesnt trust his receievers, then that the throw didnt match his drop... or that the throw was only one Rodgers could make...its embarrassinngly bad.

SImple answer is he was locked into Lockett, the defense predicted it. When that wasnt there, he didnt even acknowledge Dissly or the open pocket in front of ihm and took the sack.

And here. Here's the field in front of Dissly will no one in front of him... again.

Oh yeah the play where dissly is wide open!!!

You right man...

Cuz both the safeties aren't clearly looking at russ in this pic. Yeah neither would make it there. Oh and is that ruas clearly getting sacked at the time your saying dissly is wide open. Sure.

You've gone so far passed losing your mind. Your telling it shit that isn't even true and believing it. Haha. Delusional.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":3v5uapzt said:
jamescasey1124":3v5uapzt said:
keasley45":3v5uapzt said:
hawks85":3v5uapzt said:
^^^^THIS^^^^

LOL . Listen to what you just said. nobody on this team makes contested catches. .. . So keep throwing the ball to players who have no choice but make contested catches.

Of course the running back was 100/0 choice when looking at the play after the fact. A play where russ never keys on anybody else, but dk, because they're losing a game and trying to come back, so a flat route won't help. It may sustain a drive, but then your playing with time.

Good thing you can make these choices after the fact. You should play qb for the hawks.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":za3wqo3d said:
keasley45":za3wqo3d said:
jamescasey1124":za3wqo3d said:
keasley45":za3wqo3d said:

Classy post.

You right man...

Cuz both the safeties aren't clearly looking at russ in this pic. Yeah neither would make it there. Oh and is that ruas clearly getting sacked at the time your saying dissly is wide open. Sure.

You've gone so far passed losing your mind. Your telling it $h!t that isn't even true and believing it. Haha. Delusional.

It's great to see the level of nonsense the folks that support Russ are willing to stand on on a play that isn't even close.

Makes everything in this forum make complete sense.

Keep on making excuses though

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2w69s4f7 said:
keasley45":2w69s4f7 said:
jamescasey1124":2w69s4f7 said:
keasley45":2w69s4f7 said:

Of course the running back was 100/0 choice when looking at the play after the fact. A play where russ never keys on anybody else, but dk, because they're losing a game and trying to come back, so a flat route won't help. It may sustain a drive, but then your playing with time.

Good thing you can make these choices after the fact. You should play qb for the hawks.

My lord. This is why we fail and other teams with qbs who can read defenses work. You don't need an f'ing time capsule to know where your players are going to be on a play YOU designed when you can see where the defended is.

The play to DK had 3 options. Option 1 was covered from the beginning. Option 2 was covered from the beginning. No play there. Option 3 was open the hold time and the outlet. You know, that guy you pretty much know is going to be open if the other two options covered.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":3jt80lmo said:
jamescasey1124":3jt80lmo said:
keasley45":3jt80lmo said:
jamescasey1124":3jt80lmo said:

Classy post.

You right man...

You've gone so far passed losing your mind. Your telling it $h!t that isn't even true and believing it. Haha. Delusional.

It's great to see the level of nonsense the folks that support Russ are willing to stand on on a play that isn't even close.

Makes everything in this forum make complete sense.

Keep on making excuses though

I am making excuses or are you not being more open minded about your beliefs? Just wondering.

Funny how you can question others on what they see, but not be willing to compromise, while expecting others to do so for your opinions.

Hypocritical

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":52s983un said:
jamescasey1124":52s983un said:
keasley45":52s983un said:
jamescasey1124":52s983un said:

My lord. This is why we fail and other teams with qbs who can read defenses work. You don't need an f'ing time capsule to know where your players are going to be on a play YOU designed when you can see where the defended is.

The play to DK had 3 options. Option 1 was covered from the beginning. Option 2 was covered from the beginning. No play there. Option 3 was open the hold time and the outlet. You know, that guy you pretty much know is going to be open if the other two options covered.

Nope I don't. Cuz there is an option everybody is covered and covered well.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":d8xmt633 said:
keasley45":d8xmt633 said:
hawks85":d8xmt633 said:
LTH":d8xmt633 said:

LTH

^^^^THIS^^^^

Do me a favor and look at someone who I guess is also an idiot calling out Russ for doing the same BS. Watch that and then post your synopsis. Says the same thing this thread has been saying.

https://youtu.be/E6BUU_FZAPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1NR9-zFig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6BUU_FZAPE&t=1078s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnarei9FgGo&t=313s

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":3jal4pd9 said:
jamescasey1124":3jal4pd9 said:
keasley45":3jal4pd9 said:
hawks85":3jal4pd9 said:
^^^^THIS^^^^

Do me a favor and look at someone who I guess is also an idiot calling out Russ for doing the same BS. Watch that and then post your synopsis. Says the same thing this thread has been saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=Cnarei9FgGo&t=313s

Nah. I'm good. Cuz your assuming I haven't seen it. I don't care what anyone's opinion is on a few plays here and there. Because the positives outweigh the negatives. Period. Its not negatives outweigh positives just because we choose to focus on negative. Your looking passed the positives. That ain't my fault. Bye.

John63

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":8hhowhut said:
chris98251":8hhowhut said:
jamescasey1124":8hhowhut said:
keasley45":8hhowhut said:
And the thing you say about throwing with anticipation doesn't really make sense. A throw with anticipation is exactly the thing that gets passes completed in even great coverage (which this play was actually beatable coverage) because the defenders dont get a jump on a wr because by the time they are immediately open, the ball is on the way. And again, thats the point. You watch the Bucs, the Chargers, The Rams, GB, Dallas, KC... you watch ANY of those offenses run and you will see balls being squeezed between zones, over zones, to a wr just coming out of his break when the defender is in tight man... because the QB pulls the trigger based on reading the coverage and knows where to put the ball precisely when the player will be open. The ball should have been in Dissly's hands 2 steps after he turned around. It wasnt a hard throw, didnt have to be a laser. The LB was beat, the other lb to that side was covering everett to Russ left, and the LB to the right of the play was scrambling to cover Collins.

And he didn't pull the trigger on this play. Which indicates he didn't think dissly was open. Just because you think he was in hindsight looking at freeze frames doesn't mean he did. within the matter of milliseconds it takes to make that play he didn't think so...you would rather him throw the pick so you have an actual reason to b!@ch.

Dissly was safety squeezed with linebackers underneath and you are saying he would have been wide open. No. Safeties are better athletes then you give them credit for and the one thing you are ignoring is what russ actually sees and feels sitting in the pocket. I gurantee this whole play happened in less than 4 seconds from snap to sack. One because Collins was barely open by the time sack happened and dissly ran a straight go. Safeties started in cover two and no gurantee from presnap which direction they would go.

You are assuming dissly running directly into 3 lbs and passed into 2 Safeties that he is open. Your wrong. In the two seconds he reads that Chandler Jones is already in the backfield as soon as russ hits back foot. That is clear in picture. Then your saying he saw lockett, not open, dissly not open so he should have stepped up and ran with probably less than 1 sec to sacked. Doesn't happen man.

Again, overly critical of 1 player vs everything that is breaking down.

You said it he didn't think he was open, the real issue is he didn't trust the player or himself to make the throw and may have a turnover if Dissly misplayed the ball and tipped it up, he over through it somehow. That has been his issue no matter the receiver. Thats wide ass open for any QB of worth other then Wilson.

No it's not in the time given. Didnt trust himself? Really to throw a potential 5050. Your right...I would have held it too. Besides no one on the hawks this year has show they can easily win a jump ball. Wonder why he questions those throws.

Not to mention what is PC mantra no turn overs dont take chances.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":1q8i63ou said:
Looks like he 1-read the DK route and when it wasn't open panicked and took the sack. Typical Russ. Do you have the screenshots on the PA shot to DK also that was double covered? Anything underneath that was open?
He audibled into that play. He was throwing it no matter what

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":vwkhp6bq said:
keasley45":vwkhp6bq said:
jamescasey1124":vwkhp6bq said:
keasley45":vwkhp6bq said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=Cnarei9FgGo&t=313s

Nah. I'm good. Cuz your assuming I haven't seen it. I don't care what anyone's opinion is on a few plays here and there. Because the positives outweigh the negatives. Period. Its not negatives outweigh positives just because we choose to focus on negative. Your looking passed the positives. That ain't my fault. Bye.

Thanks for admitting that.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":19ps8284 said:
keasley45":19ps8284 said:
So, looking at the Arizona game. Didnt have to wait long to see the same tendencies Russel showed the week before.

51702853409 9189edddda zScreenshot_20211124-105736_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly will run a seam, Everett will drift shallow left and Collins will be available out of the backfield, short right

Screenshot_20211124-105755_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly breaks right through the line and is immediately open. The LB's don't even attempt to cover him up the middle. Russ reached his drop, Dissly obviously coming open if he anticpates it and has an open pocket to step into to the right, Collins is coming open in front of him.

Screenshot_20211124-105811_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Again, open pocket to the right in front of him. all he has to do is step forward and right and he avoids the rush. Dissly is still available, and Collins would be there and still could be with a flip of the ball.

Screenshot_20211124-105909_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Play ends in a sack.

51702853629 e1c988030d zScreenshot_20211124-105934_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Same from behind

51702853654 22a40535e6 zScreenshot_20211124-110037_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Drop reached, Dissly WIDE OPEN. Ball in Russ's hand

51702461288 1daf819034 zScreenshot_20211124-110058_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

This is a split second after Russ has already decided to pull the ball down. Dissly is an easy win if he reads the fact that the LB's never even move to react to the pattern

51703065130 c12e4909e8 zScreenshot_20211124-110116_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Russ never moves from his drop at the 41 yard line. never steps up to read the pressure. Sack.

The next play is also a sack but this one is more a bust in protection by Homer. However, even with the bust, Russ of 2 years ago steps into the pocket , beats the lone rusher and makes the play

Dude your wrong again. Sure throw dissly open and he missed it right? However at that distance, both safeties sitting in cover 2 would be able to get to the ball. It wouldn't be a rope with linebackers underneath. It would have to have touch and again at that distance, both safeties arrive on top of dissly. He could have went underneath to Collins and stepped up yes. Shell could have also held his block. Chandler Jones could have went right or left on Shell. Hole isn't open that long.

Dude you are narrowing in on russ when there are many other things going wrong.

This one yes he should have put it in the left or right flat immediately.
The safeties bailed at the snap, hips turned. They have no shot to stop a ball over the top to Dissley.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1t11oe19 said:
jamescasey1124":1t11oe19 said:
chris98251":1t11oe19 said:
jamescasey1124":1t11oe19 said:
And he didn't pull the trigger on this play. Which indicates he didn't think dissly was open. Just because you think he was in hindsight looking at freeze frames doesn't mean he did. within the matter of milliseconds it takes to make that play he didn't think so...you would rather him throw the pick so you have an actual reason to b!@ch.

Dissly was safety squeezed with linebackers underneath and you are saying he would have been wide open. No. Safeties are better athletes then you give them credit for and the one thing you are ignoring is what russ actually sees and feels sitting in the pocket. I gurantee this whole play happened in less than 4 seconds from snap to sack. One because Collins was barely open by the time sack happened and dissly ran a straight go. Safeties started in cover two and no gurantee from presnap which direction they would go.

You are assuming dissly running directly into 3 lbs and passed into 2 Safeties that he is open. Your wrong. In the two seconds he reads that Chandler Jones is already in the backfield as soon as russ hits back foot. That is clear in picture. Then your saying he saw lockett, not open, dissly not open so he should have stepped up and ran with probably less than 1 sec to sacked. Doesn't happen man.

Again, overly critical of 1 player vs everything that is breaking down.

You said it he didn't think he was open, the real issue is he didn't trust the player or himself to make the throw and may have a turnover if Dissly misplayed the ball and tipped it up, he over through it somehow. That has been his issue no matter the receiver. Thats wide ass open for any QB of worth other then Wilson.

No it's not in the time given. Didnt trust himself? Really to throw a potential 5050. Your right...I would have held it too. Besides no one on the hawks this year has show they can easily win a jump ball. Wonder why he questions those throws.

Not to mention what is PC mantra no turn overs dont take chances.

Yeah it would be a shame to get a 1st down once in a while, why throw to a open receiver in the middle of the field when you can take a sack, in fact looking at those images he had three guys open or coming open if he pulls the trigger on time rather ten wait to see if the deep guy can get past the deep safety so if he throws it and not caught it is too long to be intercepted.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":15yhhe97 said:
keasley45":15yhhe97 said:

I added more arrows and bubbles to show you the assignments the safeties had on this play that they were committed to and were obvious the entire time. They were covering the areas of the field Russ goes 99% of the time regardless of the read... DK and Lockett outside and leaving the middle open.

Dissly has covered 17 yards. The only safety capable of making the play has dropped 11 and is still dropping

51702853599 e090be4fe6 cScreenshot_20211124-105909_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

This is as close as that safety would have been if the ball was thrown to Dissly if the ball was released when Dissly was 17 yards down field. This is of course hypothetical because the play was over by then. point being a safety running backward and outside wouldnt have had an angle to make this play at any point the pass could have been completed.

So you ate saying they can't plant there foot and get to the ball in time for that throw? Deep safety is maybe five yards off hash where dissly is and other safety is probably 8 yards off opposite hash...your saying they wouldn't get there?

Also...what was time from snap to sack?
If you think that's not open, you would never throw the ball. That's as open as it gets in THE NFL. If a QB cant make that throw/read, they shouldn't be playing. That's gross negligence

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":fr6fb6my said:
That was a bad defensive play. Busted coverage. If that's DK instead of Dissley, it's a TD.

This is the same type breakdown we have on defense and everyone is bitching about how bad the defense sucks.