Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

keasley45

Reaction score
Hey Fade. Explain this one...

https://youtu.be/E6BUU_FZAPE

I'll save you some time. The synopsis- the Seahawks will never win a championship with Russel exhibiting this inability.

Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1NR9-zFig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6BUU_FZAPE&t=1078s

Because his stats say he's top 5 in the league that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnarei9FgGo&t=313s

Again... this is the play of a statistically speaking, top 5 player at his position. And it's not just a bad game or two. This is him when he doesn't have the deep ball option. Which now, is every game.

It's only cherry picking without supporting context.

And the beginning of any trend can look like an anomaly. What you do if you actually care to figure out whether its a trend or just aberrant play, is you look back to see if it's happened before. And Russels entire career is lights out play when he has a scheme or supporting cast around him in a running game and defense..

And then looking like he has no idea what he doing in games... stretches of games. Which is why there was MVP talk for 3 consecutive seasons and then each time he collapsed when defenses figured him out.

Fact is, Russ has never had consistent, reliable play through an entire season. Take last year. Great completion percentage. Great TDs, great rating, and his ability to read defenses was horrid starting mid season and was the absolute worst it's ever been against the Rams in the playoffs when we needed him most.

What about this season? Started out hot and was caving well before his injury. He hasn't played a complete game since week 2 and there, he completely crapped the bed in OT with the kind of play that marked last season and our games since. His 3rd down conversion bottom of the league before the injury. Offense's avg drive duration - league worst or near, before his injury. The only thing that saved us last year from falling off the cliff was Pete pulling the plug on the nonsense. And yet the irony this year is the Russel fanclub is actually justifying firing Pete be because he's not fixing it. Last year he fixed it the only way you can, you want him fired. This year Russel is hanging himself, and Pete should be fired because he's not doing anything?

Ok...

keasley45

Reaction score
keasley45":3eekhjci said:
seabowl":3eekhjci said:
Fade":3eekhjci said:
Gais, Steph Curry, sucks. I have video evidence. He missed a wide open dunk, and then airballed a three.
[youtube]c93PFKDgSS4[/youtube]

And I got plenty more where that came from. He's just not a great shooter, I'm going to post every single one of his misses the rest of the season. To show you how bad he truly is, and what everyone ISN'T seeing! /s LMAO.

Look, Wilson has issues, and isn't playing well, but literally this can be done to any player you want, in any sport.

Wilson's last 17 games, a much bigger sample size than a few cherry picked plays. (one of the worst stretches of his career: 67%, 31 Total TDs, 10 INTs.) The horror. Bear in mind the last 2 games really tank his numbers. You're acting like he is Jared Goff.

Carroll would be lucky as hell to get that kind of production from the next guy. If Pete can't win with this level of production from Wilson. How the hell is he going to win with the next QB producing worse?

On to some more lowlights.

[youtube]L8plOXTbw9I[/youtube]
Aaron Rodgers playing hero ball again, forcing it. Had 2 guys open underneath but is just too short to see.

[youtube]E3cu6TMmaJ8[/youtube]
Tom Brady throws 3 interceptions on 3 straight possessions in the NFCCG. Elite QBs don't do that. (Bucs would go on to win the game, and the Super Bowl.)

[youtube]lsutpvlmMPI[/youtube]
Patty Mahomes: Interception Machine. Last Season.

Sorry but Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes have not looked nearly as bad as Wilson right now and I’m not talking about the physical part of the game. Remember the title of this thread.

Nice try making equivalencies with the anomalous bad play of athletes who have never had their greatness questioned because they consistently, year after year plays great.... and then plays poorly and seems incapable of doing simple things.

Russel wilson is Steph Curry if Stephs entire game was the 50 footer, but would never shoot a 12 footer and missed 60% when he did.

And there's a fundamental difference in trying to concoct a narrative to MAKE someone look bad, vs trying to find evidence as to WHY they are looking bad.

One paints a picture - your post
The other reveals one - the purpose of this thread.

keasley45

Reaction score
So, looking at the Arizona game. Didnt have to wait long to see the same tendencies Russel showed the week before.

51702461028 3ca1320f2e cScreenshot_20211124-105736_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly will run a seam, Everett will drift shallow left and Collins will be available out of the backfield, short right

51702179136 97d288d0ef cScreenshot_20211124-105755_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly breaks right through the line and is immediately open. The LB's don't even attempt to cover him up the middle. Russ reached his drop, Dissly obviously coming open if he anticpates it and has an open pocket to step into to the right, Collins is coming open in front of him.

Screenshot_20211124-105811_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Again, open pocket to the right in front of him. all he has to do is step forward and right and he avoids the rush. Dissly is still available, and Collins would be there and still could be with a flip of the ball.

51702853599 e090be4fe6 cScreenshot_20211124-105909_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Play ends in a sack.

51702853629 e1c988030d zScreenshot_20211124-105934_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Same from behind

51702853654 22a40535e6 zScreenshot_20211124-110037_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Drop reached, Dissly WIDE OPEN. Ball in Russ's hand

51702461288 1daf819034 zScreenshot_20211124-110058_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

This is a split second after Russ has already decided to pull the ball down. Dissly is an easy win if he reads the fact that the LB's never even move to react to the pattern

51703065130 c12e4909e8 zScreenshot_20211124-110116_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Russ never moves from his drop at the 41 yard line. never steps up to read the pressure. Sack.

The next play is also a sack but this one is more a bust in protection by Homer. However, even with the bust, Russ of 2 years ago steps into the pocket , beats the lone rusher and makes the play

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Looks like he 1-read the DK route and when it wasn't open panicked and took the sack. Typical Russ. Do you have the screenshots on the PA shot to DK also that was double covered? Anything underneath that was open?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":2pjfcu4h said:
So, looking at the Arizona game. Didnt have to wait long to see the same tendencies Russel showed the week before.

51702853409 9189edddda zScreenshot_20211124-105736_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly will run a seam, Everett will drift shallow left and Collins will be available out of the backfield, short right

Screenshot_20211124-105755_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly breaks right through the line and is immediately open. The LB's don't even attempt to cover him up the middle. Russ reached his drop, Dissly obviously coming open if he anticpates it and has an open pocket to step into to the right, Collins is coming open in front of him.

Again, open pocket to the right in front of him. all he has to do is step forward and right and he avoids the rush. Dissly is still available, and Collins would be there and still could be with a flip of the ball.

Screenshot_20211124-105909_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Play ends in a sack.

51702853629 e1c988030d zScreenshot_20211124-105934_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Same from behind

Drop reached, Dissly WIDE OPEN. Ball in Russ's hand

51702461288 1daf819034 zScreenshot_20211124-110058_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

This is a split second after Russ has already decided to pull the ball down. Dissly is an easy win if he reads the fact that the LB's never even move to react to the pattern

51703065130 c12e4909e8 zScreenshot_20211124-110116_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Russ never moves from his drop at the 41 yard line. never steps up to read the pressure. Sack.

The next play is also a sack but this one is more a bust in protection by Homer. However, even with the bust, Russ of 2 years ago steps into the pocket , beats the lone rusher and makes the play

Dude your wrong again. Sure throw dissly open and he missed it right? However at that distance, both safeties sitting in cover 2 would be able to get to the ball. It wouldn't be a rope with linebackers underneath. It would have to have touch and again at that distance, both safeties arrive on top of dissly. He could have went underneath to Collins and stepped up yes. Shell could have also held his block. Chandler Jones could have went right or left on Shell. Hole isn't open that long.

Dude you are narrowing in on russ when there are many other things going wrong.

This one yes he should have put it in the left or right flat immediately.

keasley45

Reaction score
Second sack. Arizona shows blitz and are overloading the right side. Seattle needs the Arizona 47 for a first down. The play as called has 3 wrs on hooks past the sticks. Given how this one plays out, my guess is that Homer was supposed to be an outlet but gets caught in between maybe running a quick out and picking up the blitzer

51702529738 1724b5870f zScreenshot_20211124-110858_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

51702245646 9c5b01a334 zScreenshot_20211124-110935_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Homer chips poorly and the rusher goes right by. Not Russ's fault and there's no other wr available to throw to. Why there are no crossing routes, i have no idea. maybe the plan was to get Homer one on one underneath? You can make the argument the play should have been changed, but Arizona showed blitz and then dropped. Lockett might have had an option to cross but chose to run hi deep hook. And Russ doesnt step up again likely because he sees the LB in front of him, albeit well off the play.

51702920934 0702c547dd zScreenshot_20211124-111011_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Sack

Same from behind

51702529823 d8c1dfed22 zScreenshot_20211124-111308_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

The key failure is Homer.

51702921009 c54cb36ffb zScreenshot_20211124-111321_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Russ's aversion to stepping up is a trend now through multiple weeks going back to week 2 and last year. But again, he shouldnt have had pressure this quickly. But the step up is there.

51703132310 7a16c1a253 zScreenshot_20211124-111332_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Instead of riding up, he fades left and is sacked. Again, not his fault.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":14i4hjeo said:
keasley45":14i4hjeo said:

Dude your wrong again. Sure throw dissly open and he missed it right? However at that distance, both safeties sitting in cover 2 would be able to get to the ball. It wouldn't be a rope with linebackers underneath. It would have to have touch and again at that distance, both safeties arrive on top of dissly. He could have went underneath to Collins and stepped up yes. Shell could have also held his block. Chandler Jones could have went right or left on Shell. Hole isn't open that long.

Dude you are narrowing in on russ when there are many other things going wrong.

Let me make sure i understand you.

On this play, the safetie(s) have this play sniffed out? And its too long of a throw to remain open??

At the point this snap is taken, it was obvious Dissly was coming open. Plainly. And at this point the throw is 20 yards. And there's one safety deep that has zero chance to make the play, the other is covering the opposite wr.

The safety to Dissly's right has his back turned to him, and even here, the only guy that could possibly make a play on Dissly is the Ref. The safety to Dissly's right is flat footed and not reacting. And there'e no LB to throw over, so Russ could have literally thrown his fastball or put air under it.

There isnt an elite or even good QB in this league that doesnt see this as open and make the throw...

Have literally no idea WHAT you're talking about.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":o94n43k7 said:
jamescasey1124":o94n43k7 said:
keasley45":o94n43k7 said:

Dude you are narrowing in on russ when there are many other things going

On this play, the safetie(s) have this play sniffed out? And its too long of a throw to remain open??

Yes exactly. Look at your third or fourth frame and then look where safeties are equally on each side of dissly. Russ drops that in with time and distance of throw. Safeties can open there hips and get there.

He could have throw Collins quick right or whoever that is left flat if he got it out quick enough.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2qg3s7q2 said:
keasley45":2qg3s7q2 said:
jamescasey1124":2qg3s7q2 said:
keasley45":2qg3s7q2 said:

Yes exactly. Look at your third or fourth frame and then look where safeties are equally on each side of dissly. Russ drops that in with time and distance of throw. Safeties can open there hips and get there.

He could have throw Collins quick right or whoever that is left flat if he got it out quick enough.

he couldnt have thrown to Collins quick right because he didnt come open until just before a stationary Russ was sacked.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1xvd8eos said:
keasley45":1xvd8eos said:
jamescasey1124":1xvd8eos said:
keasley45":1xvd8eos said:

Bro, circle it and tell me what youre talking about. theres a flat footed saftety left, and a saftey right not covering Dissly, because hes doubling Metcalf.

keasley45

Reaction score
51702853654 22a40535e6 bScreenshot_20211124-110037_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

Dissly's head is turned because he's expecting the ball because he knows and sees that this play is WIDE OPEN. He gives the QB a target and the QB holds the ball.

And i'm not zeroing in on Russ because i plainly say the next play wasnt his fault.

This was open by any NFL QBs standard.

In this frame, there's no defender in frame 20 yards in front of Dissly, 15 yards left, and 10 yards right that could make the play. Hes already split the LBers and the only safety capable of making the play isnt even moving toward him at thie point.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":21kpv7bc said:
jamescasey1124":21kpv7bc said:
keasley45":21kpv7bc said:

Bro, circle it and tell me what youre talking about. theres a flat footed saftety left, and a saftey right not covering Dissly.

It's the one you put big circle in middle between two safeties now facing where dissly is the threat. To bad by that time russ is basically sacked anyway. Wouldn't have mattered. Dissly was clearly his focus the whole time. Other wise he would have seen sack coming and dumped to Collins.

I cant circle it. Never used flicker and these are your pics

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":kuwhvr1n said:

Dissly's head is turned because he's expecting the ball because he knows and sees that this play is WIDE OPEN. He gives the QB a target and the QB holds the ball.

And i'm not zeroing in on Russ because i plainly say the next play wasnt his fault.

In this frame, there's no defender in frame 20 yards in front of Dissly, 15 yards left, and 10 yards right that could make the play. Hes already split the LBers and the only safety capable of making the play isnt even moving toward him at thie point.

The only way this one works is a laser to dissly so lb going to cover Collins doesn't turn back. Safeties are closer than you think. Budda is hella rangy.

Plus linebacker is going hook back at 45 degrees and not immediately coming down onto Collins. He is playing in between. Which looks like he is helping with dissly.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":o8tt3pk4 said:
keasley45":o8tt3pk4 said:
jamescasey1124":o8tt3pk4 said:
keasley45":o8tt3pk4 said:

Bro, circle it and tell me what youre talking about. theres a flat footed saftety left, and a saftey right not covering Dissly.

It's the one you put big circle in middle between two safeties now facing where dissly is the threat. To bad by that time russ is basically sacked anyway. Wouldn't have mattered. Dissly was clearly his focus the whole time. Other wise he would have seen sack coming and dumped to Collins.

I cant circle it. Never used flicker and these are your pics

You can download them.

In the exact frame you mention, the safety to the right has his back turned to Dissly and continues away from Dissly the whole time. Click on the image and look more closely. And again. The safety left doesnt move. This isnt even close to NOT being open. And Russ could have made the play before the sack. He sees Dissly right away and doesnt throw. Simple anticipation.

And even with pressure, if Russ steps up and buys another second, Dissly is STILL open. But that wasnt even necessary. the play was there.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2ajhwazs said:
keasley45":2ajhwazs said:

The only way this one works is a laser to dissly so lb going to cover Collins doesn't turn back. Safeties are closer than you think. Budda is hella rangy.

Plus linebacker is going hook back at 45 degrees and not immediately coming down onto Collins. He is playing in between. Which looks like he is helping with dissly.

Screenshot_20211124-105909_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

A laser to Dissly? this is the end of the play and still theres no-one close to him. ACtually i was wrong earlier. The safety left that you claim would make the play is back pedaling left to double Lockett. You act as though he was open for a split second and then was covered up. theres no-one there., LOL he was never covered and Russ had a lane to hit him, easy. There was no LB hovering under the play. . theres one who blew his assignment on Dissly and another alread well out of the way running right to cover Collins. But then again maybe thats the problem. Rodgers doesnt miss this play. Brady doesnt miss it, or mahomes, or Dak... this is an obvious play and the defense is that it was too hard. It was obvioulsy too hard for Russ, but shouldnt be.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":50bgbisp said:
keasley45":50bgbisp said:
Yup.

Was hoping the game tape was already posted but most likely won't be until tomorrow. Eager to look at a few plays
I'd interested to know what he saw presnap that lead him to check into that double covered deep shot to DK

The one where Metcalf dropped that was right in his hands? He probably saw his 6' 4" WR having an advantage over smaller secondary guys and wanted to give him a chance to make a play. Ball was right there and he dropped it like he does so many other times. If he would have caught the ball like he should, the play wouldnt even be brought up.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Omg no. You are going back and forth between your pics.
Throw with anticipation and safety will turn and drop on it because it is not going to be a laser. Both safeties are watching russ the whole time.

The laser I'm talking about is the pic from behind russ showing dissly going open in-between three linebackers. A laser may work there because lb going to cover Collins is breaking back and out.

You loft the pass over the lbs I gurantee you one safety drops onto it which is what happened. Safety right was going deep and stopped, turned and faced russ leaning toward middle pass to dissly. The safety your calling flat footed is going deep with lockett, but also leaning middle pass on dissly while back pedaling.

Your underrating coverages and game speeds of players on a freeze frame.

The whole time russ is looking dissly...doesn't see Collins and doesn't see blitz from right. Chandler got there in an instant. However, Russ could have gone second or third read and got ball out. Dissly was not open. Your talking one te in the middle of 5(3 lbs and 2 safeties).

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":opcfhnm3 said:
Omg no. You are going back and forth between your pics.
Throw with anticipation and safety will turn and drop on it because it is not going to be a laser. Both safeties are watching russ the whole time.

The laser I'm talking about is the pic from behind russ showing dissly going open in-between three linebackers. A laser may work there because lb going to cover Collins is breaking back and out.

You loft the pass over the lbs I gurantee you one safety drops onto it which is what happened. Safety right was going deep and stopped, turned and faced russ leaning toward middle pass to dissly. The safety your calling flat footed is going deep with lockett, but also leaning middle pass on dissly while back pedaling.

Your underrating coverages and game speeds of players on a freeze frame.

The whole time russ is looking dissly...doesn't see Collins and doesn't see blitz from right. Chandler got there in an instant. However, Russ could have gone second or third read and got ball out. Dissly was not open. Your talking one te in the middle of 5(3 lbs and 2 safeties).

Bro, i put in yellow arrows to show you where the safeties went. They were moving away from the play the entire time. AWAY. There's NO way on God's green earth that either of those safeties make the play. They would have to literally be not of this earth to do so. Its not physically possible. They are dropping to outside coverage leaving WHAT wide open? The middle.

The safeties were fading backward at nearly the same pace Dissly was running forward. Scroll to the top. Im not underrating anything. If the play was as close to being covered as you claim i wouldnt even had called it out.

keasley45

Reaction score
51702853559 d1c1bccee3 cScreenshot_20211124-105811_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

I added more arrows and bubbles to show you the assignments the safeties had on this play that they were committed to and were obvious the entire time. They were covering the areas of the field Russ goes 99% of the time regardless of the read... DK and Lockett outside and leaving the middle open.

Dissly has covered 17 yards. The only safety capable of making the play has dropped 11 and is still dropping

This is as close as that safety would have been if the ball was thrown to Dissly if the ball was released when Dissly was 17 yards down field. This is of course hypothetical because the play was over by then. point being a safety running backward and outside wouldnt have had an angle to make this play at any point the pass could have been completed.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":2wz9c0b4 said:
51702853559 d1c1bccee3 cScreenshot_20211124-105811_Chrome by J_Otte, on Flickr

I added more arrows and bubbles to show you the assignments the safeties had on this play that they were committed to and were obvious the entire time. They were covering the areas of the field Russ goes 99% of the time regardless of the read... DK and Lockett outside and leaving the middle open.

Dissly has covered 17 yards. The only safety capable of making the play has dropped 11 and is still dropping

This is as close as that safety would have been if the ball was thrown to Dissly if the ball was released when Dissly was 17 yards down field. This is of course hypothetical because the play was over by then. point being a safety running backward and outside wouldnt have had an angle to make this play at any point the pass could have been completed.

So you ate saying they can't plant there foot and get to the ball in time for that throw? Deep safety is maybe five yards off hash where dissly is and other safety is probably 8 yards off opposite hash...your saying they wouldn't get there?

Also...what was time from snap to sack?