Would you be in favor of trading Russell and rebuilding now?

Would you be in favor of trading Russell while we can and starting the rebuild now?

• Yes

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
What's worse is if we suck and get a top 10 pick the Jets get it... So not a good year to try and bomb for a high QB

John63

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2ks3so3u said:
Where's John63? I would have thought he would be all over this?

I already posted this once. I see no reason to weigh in on things when there is such blatant Bs going on. Example QWIlson is a prima donna. Really according to who and what. Being the first in and out fo the training facilities is being a prima donna, bringing all your Wr out to practice during the off-season is being a primadonna, volunteering your time at hospital si being a prima donna. Seems to me people like to make crap up and don't even know what the word they use mean. I don't have time for it.

Like I said in the other thread, people will believe what they want and even make crap up to justify what they want to think.

As to the OP question, it depends on what kind of rebuild do you want.

If you want to start from scratch with no base to build on, get rid of everyone especially PC.

You want a base you keep Wilson.

PC has shown nothing since his inside knowledge of college players was used up. His drafts have been bad, his Fas have been bad, and he still can't come up with a defense that is worth a crap.

So like said you want a rebuild from scratch you get rid of everyone.

You want a base you keep Wilson but probably look for the air appeared in the next 2- years.

Either way PC and KNJ need to go.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
John63":y9rgsena said:
Ace_Rimmer":y9rgsena said:

I already posted this once. I see no reason to weigh in on things when there is such blatant Bs going on. Example QWIlson is a prima donna. Really according to who and what. Being the first in and out fo the training facilities is being a prima donna, bringing all your Wr out to practice during the off-season is being a primadonna, volunteering your time at hospital si being a prima donna. Seems to me people like to make crap up and don't even know what the word they use mean. I don't have time for it.

Like I said in the other thread, people will believe what they want and even make crap up to justify what they want to think.

If you want to start from scratch with no base to build on, get rid of everyone especially PC.

PC has shown nothing since his inside knowledge of college players was used up. His drafts have been bad, his Fas have been bad, and he still can't come up with a defense that is worth a crap.

You want a base you keep Wilson but probably look for the air appeared in the next 2- years.

The people who call Russ a prima donna are playing into unfortunate undertones that like I've always said...isn't about football. It's about their personal biases.

The guy who trains super hard in the offseason, goes to the hospital every Tuesday, is one of the hardest workers on the team. That guy is a prima donna who should know his place.

But Aaron Rodgers gets to say things like "I was the one who called the plays," taking all the credit. He also gets to say things like "My down years are career years for most QBs." He gets to call out the media, get his coach fired..and fans around the league fawn for the guy. Yet when Russ spoke up, I saw comments here and elsewhere saying he's an arrogant prima donna who should shut up and play. Like I said, major undertones and biases from people who are afraid to say what their real issue is with Russ. Or unwilling to see how differently they speak about certain QBs.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wenhawk":16y5kh91 said:
What's worse is if we suck and get a top 10 pick the Jets get it... So not a good year to try and bomb for a high QB

As it stands now, we don't have a #1 pick, a #4 pick (both due to the Adams trade), or a #6 pick (to the Jags for Sidney Jones). If we are going to rebuild, we're going to have to acquire some draft picks, and the only way to do that is trade Russell. We're caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea. Trade Russell and we're in the market for a franchise quarterback. Keep him and we have little prospects at improvement, at least in the near term.

Russell has a no trade clause so the only way he gets traded is if he wants out. It also gives him the ability to determine where he's traded to.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT. Get rid of Pete and KNJ and keep Russ. Dump Russ and keep Pete and it's the end of the end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion put it perfectly. It's always interesting how Lord Rodgers and Mr. Perfect in Tampa Bay can do or say anything. They always get a pass.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":6n2jrsg6 said:
Absolutely NOT. Get rid of Pete and KNJ and keep Russ. Dump Russ and keep Pete and it's the end of the end.

:ditto:

As discussed numerous times, Pete and the whole front office has grown stagnant.

Rather than building through the draft, they use their draft capital to trade for band aid players.
This lack of drafting properly and consistently has gotten them to where they are today.

Keep Russell. He's honestly the only consistent thing about this club. Pete continues to steer our ship right into the ice burg.

Pete cares more about momentum and philosophy over Xs and Os. It worked for a time because they drafted so well in later rounds. Now, that advantage is gone.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Pete still being here kills any rebuild. I like RW though he is not as flawless as a few believe. I think if PC is here next year RW is not. So, no, I am not in favor of ditching RW with PC still around to completely screw up who to replace him with and who to draft with any draft picks we get.

With RW and most any other NFL level coach we do better than 3 playoff wins in 6 years ( and likely 3 in 7 after this year)

massari

Reaction score
What kind of filthy casual would want to trade an elite QB?

Probably the same ones who loved the Jamal Adams trade.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":56d6e02d said:
John63":56d6e02d said:
Ace_Rimmer":56d6e02d said:

The people who call Russ a prima donna are playing into unfortunate undertones that like I've always said...isn't about football. It's about their personal biases.

The guy who trains super hard in the offseason, goes to the hospital every Tuesday, is one of the hardest workers on the team. That guy is a prima donna who should know his place.

But Aaron Rodgers gets to say things like "I was the one who called the plays," taking all the credit. He also gets to say things like "My down years are career years for most QBs." He gets to call out the media, get his coach fired..and fans around the league fawn for the guy. Yet when Russ spoke up, I saw comments here and elsewhere saying he's an arrogant prima donna who should shut up and play. Like I said, major undertones and biases from people who are afraid to say what their real issue is with Russ. Or unwilling to see how differently they speak about certain QBs.

And everyone outside of GB thinks Rodgers is a douche bag for all of those things you mentioned. Some might respect his play on the field more than Russell's, but don't mistake that for not thinking he's a DB.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":26j9ndrf said:
Pete still being here kills any rebuild. I like RW though he is not as flawless as a few believe. I think if PC is here next year RW is not. So, no, I am not in favor of ditching RW with PC still around to completely screw up who to replace him with and who to draft with any draft picks we get.

With RW and most any other NFL level coach we do better than 3 playoff wins in 6 years ( and likely 3 in 7 after this year)
Do you really believe that? Getting rid of Pete over Russ is absolutely the right decision if it came down to that, but that only keeps you where you're at currently at best for the next couple years no matter what coach comes in. The only answer is flush it all

Fade

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":37jgkjef said:
JayhawkMike":37jgkjef said:

Do you really believe that? Getting rid of Pete over Russ is absolutely the right decision if it came down to that, but that only keeps you where you're at currently at best for the next couple years no matter what coach comes in. The only answer is flush it all

The answers is get a better defensive scheme, add a couple players with the cap going up, and keep the highest rated passer in the NFL who is only 32.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we had our first round pick then it could be a debate but it makes no sense at all as long as the Jets have our pick.

We should try to win as many games this year as possible without trading away any future draft capital, and then re-evaluate next off-season depending on how this season played out.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Seattle is going to be an unattractive option for any decent HC candidate.

You have an either uninvolved owner or the unknown threat of potential sale.

You have a cupboard that is almost stripped bare and you have a fan base that is used to winning (at least in the regular season) at a high clip. Expectations will be high and resources are scant.

You have a defense filled with aging players and guys that really shouldn't be starting.

The ONE thing you have to attract a great HC option is you have one of the best QBs in the game, that was never really in a system that maximized his potential.

You don't think there are coaches out there that would not think they might be the guy to realize Wilson's untapped potential by using him correctly? And become almost a legend for taking a HOF player on a losing team and turn it into a winner by turning everything around?

Of course, there are. And those coaches would line up to get a guy like Wilson because great QBs are actually difficult to find (ask Chicago or the Jags).

But if you trade Wilson, you are doing the equivalent of salting the fields - because no decent coach will want to touch this place for 3-5 years. We would get some hasbeen or never was that sees this as the only chance, and it is result in a stream of losing (bright side, the defense would improve because it would be difficult to be worse).

Losing Wilson almost assures the fan base leaves in droves and that might even lead to a team sale.

You don't trade Wilson. For any reason. Even if he is caught kicking someone in the face on video. You keep him. And you make it work, weaknesses and all.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2zx26ryw said:
JayhawkMike":2zx26ryw said:

Unfortunately I do. A different HC would have built around RWs strengths (you know, not ignoring the OLine forever) and would likely not continued to act like we have an in-their-prime LOB and the old rules on defense. Pete’s strategy of we will do it our way and force you to adapt doesn’t work with inferior personnel.

I think that PC is set in his ways as to how the O and D are to be run. The coordinators may change but he expects conformity with his vision - which is his right as a head coach. Only he has failed to adapt for years to changing personnel and league trends etc. He became relatively permanently set in his ways after those two super bowl runs and, except for some short term experimentation. No one challenges him. Not an old friend DC or a brand new OC that also has PCs son in his ear too.

I have seen that new HCs in the NFL, not fourth time HC retreads but first time HCs tend to adapt much better to their personnel and opponents (with Belichek being the very rare exception). I’d love one of those even with the adjustment period.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21jzw2en said:
Seattle is going to be an unattractive option for any decent HC candidate.

You have an either uninvolved owner or the unknown threat of potential sale.

You have a cupboard that is almost stripped bare and you have a fan base that is used to winning (at least in the regular season) at a high clip. Expectations will be high and resources are scant.

You have a defense filled with aging players and guys that really shouldn't be starting.

The ONE thing you have to attract a great HC option is you have one of the best QBs in the game, that was never really in a system that maximized his potential.

You don't think there are coaches out there that would not think they might be the guy to realize Wilson's untapped potential by using him correctly? And become almost a legend for taking a HOF player on a losing team and turn it into a winner by turning everything around?

Of course, there are. And those coaches would line up to get a guy like Wilson because great QBs are actually difficult to find (ask Chicago or the Jags).

But if you trade Wilson, you are doing the equivalent of salting the fields - because no decent coach will want to touch this place for 3-5 years. We would get some hasbeen or never was that sees this as the only chance, and it is result in a stream of losing (bright side, the defense would improve because it would be difficult to be worse).

Losing Wilson almost assures the fan base leaves in droves and that might even lead to a team sale.

You don't trade Wilson. For any reason. Even if he is caught kicking someone in the face on video. You keep him. And you make it work, weaknesses and all.
If losing Russell leads to fans leaving in droves, they might as well leave now. He's not gonna play here for than a couple more years no matter what happens. The team being sold means nothing. The team moving would be a problem, but if that is a serious possibility, Russell isn't gonna save it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are not leaving Seattle. The city has too much invested in this team. Not sure why that's even being discussed.

Seattle would be a great destination for any head coach. Top tier facility, great GM, finances to get paid big. This would be a coach's dream come true

chris98251

Reaction score
You really think a HC candidate wants to be told he answers to his QB?

Latest posts