Would you be in favor of trading Russell and rebuilding now?

Would you be in favor of trading Russell while we can and starting the rebuild now?

• Yes

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":hfvj5eri said:
RiverDog":hfvj5eri said:
Fair enough.

But my point was to show that we won't necessarily "suck for a long time" if Russell leaves. Our football world does not begin and end with him. It all depends on who we get to replace him, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Pro Bowl veteran or a top 5 draft pick.

pittpnthrs":hfvj5eri said:
Its hard to replace somebody like Wilson. Do you realize how many games he has won the team in his tenure? Its hard to say how it would turn out now because Carroll wont be here much longer, but if he was going to be, I couldnt see him coaching the team to anything better than 6 or 7 wins without a QB of significant talent.

You're right it is hard to replace someone like Russell. But not impossible. I fully realize how many games he's won for us during his tenure, and I'll be forever grateful to him for what he's done for our franchise. Additionally, he's one of my personal favorite all time Seahawks. He's a very likable person, donates time to very worthy causes (like Children's), respects his elders, isn't in the least bit offensive to anyone. He's a great guy, someone that I'd love to sit down and have a beer with, someone that you want your son or daughter to grow up like.

But if we keep underperforming and he wants out, which at this point seems more likely than not, then I'm all for trading him. Long ago, I lost my personal attachment to players, indeed, I don't even wear their name or number as it makes me feel as if I'm worshiping them as I would a deity. I am 100% about the team.

I'm also fully aware of the consequences of trading him, that we could really implode, turn into the Detroit Lions or New York Jets. It's a chance I'm willing to take.

Ken Behring doesn't own us anymore.

Vulcan and the Group will use a method to hunt for a Coach and or anyone else as far as Football Operations, Jody will oversee it and give her blessing. This isn't Snyder, Jones, Mara, running the show.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":1usbd8vt said:

Vulcan and the Group will use a method to hunt for a Coach and or anyone else as far as Football Operations, Jody will oversee it and give her blessing. This isn't Snyder, Jones, Mara, running the show.

If Pete doesn't leave willingly, does Jody have the guts (notice I didn't say balls) to fire him? It's an honest question. We know that, like her brother, she's very reclusive, and those types of personalities tend to avoid conflicts, take the path of least resistance. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't have the nerve to make a tough decision like that.

There's only one way to find out for sure, and I hope it doesn't come to that.

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":2p4uxme1 said:
chris98251":2p4uxme1 said:

If Pete doesn't leave willingly, does Jody have the guts (notice I didn't say balls) to fire him? It's an honest question. We know that, like her brother, she's very reclusive, and those types of personalities tend to avoid conflicts, take the path of least resistance. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't have the nerve to make a tough decision like that.

There's only one way to find out for sure, and I hope it doesn't come to that.

I don't think she is knee jerk, as fans that follow every twitch and reaction we are much more critical, I think as in Mora if toxicity begins to happen internally she will address it through her channels. She appears to have a pretty close relationship with Pete however, that could just be appearance or business. Why I think the Vulcan aspect is good as they would give her assessments on a regular basis.

eo620

Reaction score
Personally, I think being traded is in Russel's best interest. He needs to go to a place that is willing to utilize his talent. The problem is: where is that? Many teams in the NFL have recently invested in their "franchise QB". So where does he fit? Assuming that RW wants a big market team rules out about 75% of the NFL. I would think his only options would be:

Miami: They're not 100% committed to Tua
NYG: Please Lord take me now!
NE: He and Bellicheck would never get along
NO; Makes the most sense if he buys in

Can't imagine he'd agree to Phil, Wash, Car, Atl, Minn, Det, Pitt, Ind, Jax, Tenn, Hou

Really, very few places to go. That coupled with the fact that the off season may offer QB's such as Rodgers, Watson, etc, makes it hard to find a home.

He's kinda stuck in Seattle. So, if he and Pete can't work it out. Pete's gotta go!

massari

Reaction score
Tinamedina":13eg5dh6 said:
Scorpion05":13eg5dh6 said:
The people who call Russ a prima donna are playing into unfortunate undertones that like I've always said...isn't about football. It's about their personal biases.

The guy who trains super hard in the offseason, goes to the hospital every Tuesday, is one of the hardest workers on the team. That guy is a prima donna who should know his place.

But Aaron Rodgers gets to say things like "I was the one who called the plays," taking all the credit. He also gets to say things like "My down years are career years for most QBs." He gets to call out the media, get his coach fired..and fans around the league fawn for the guy. Yet when Russ spoke up, I saw comments here and elsewhere saying he's an arrogant prima donna who should shut up and play. Like I said, major undertones and biases from people who are afraid to say what their real issue is with Russ. Or unwilling to see how differently they speak about certain QBs.

Thank you. I said once, ill say it again, those people have a problem with black qb's calling the shots. Its okay for a qb to speak his mind and call the shots, so long as he is white. the nfl has a conservative fan base and always has. seattle acts like they are this liberal city, but they are just like everyones else.
You may wanna Google "Aaron Rodgers prima donna" or "Tom Brady prima donna" before projecting your views onto others. Or perhaps the term "useful idiot" is more appropriate. Choose one.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I haven't read the responses to this thread yet but I would say 100% no!!!

Trade him for who???

Maybe some of the responses have some ideas there?

Off the top of my head I can't think of a single trade scenario to move Russell Wilson.

Just watch the first drive of our last game. Wilson is throwing insanely accurate darts over the middle.

I don't know why we couldn't move the ball later in the game, I don't know if I'll figure that out but I need to analyze that game more to be honest.

But if you look at Russell's good throws that game, he is still a top 5 QB no doubt.

I think a better poll would be would you be in favor of trading Jamal Adams? I WOULD TRADE HIM FOR NOTHING if someone takes on his contract. I WOULD LITERALLY GIVE AWAY JAMAL ADAMS JUST FOR THAT 5 MILLION CAP SPACE THIS SEASON.

I don't follow the business side of football down to the little details but if we could get rid of Jamal Adams with no dead money, pretend it never happened (even with losing draft picks) I would pull that trigger immediately.

Fade

Reaction score
eo620":lkcuvp4a said:
Personally, I think being traded is in Russel's best interest. He needs to go to a place that is willing to utilize his talent. The problem is: where is that? Many teams in the NFL have recently invested in their "franchise QB". So where does he fit? Assuming that RW wants a big market team rules out about 75% of the NFL. I would think his only options would be:

Can't imagine he'd agree to Phil, Wash, Car, Atl, Minn, Det, Pitt, Ind, Jax, Tenn, Hou

Really, very few places to go. That coupled with the fact that the off season may offer QB's such as Rodgers, Watson, etc, makes it hard to find a home.

He's kinda stuck in Seattle. So, if he and Pete can't work it out. Pete's gotta go!

Yep, staying in Seattle with a new coach I'd bet is Wilson's first choice.

Management has to take a side, Wilson or Pete.

If they choose Wilson I think they will turn it around real quick. Think like GB moving on from McCarthy. If they choose Pete instead they will become the Lions. I will forever dub them the SeaLions at that point. They would be an absolute laughing stock.

If Wilson wants out not matter what regardless, then I would still fire Pete for building the 32nd ranked Defense, and chasing off a HoF QB in his prime.

Pete has to have a miraculous comeback of epic proportions to survive this season, or ownership is asleep at the wheel.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fade":r7e147zs said:
eo620":r7e147zs said:

If they choose Wilson I think they will turn it around real quick. Think like GB moving on from McCarthy. If they choose Pete instead they will become the Lions. I will forever dub them the SeaLions at that point. They would be an absolute laughing stock.

If Wilson wants out not matter what regardless, then I would still fire Pete for building the 32nd ranked Defense, and chasing off a HoF QB in his prime.

Pete has to have a miraculous comeback of epic proportions to survive this season, or ownership is asleep at the wheel.

Boy, I dunno. If Wilson was that happy and content in Seattle as you guys claim he is, would his agent have put out a 4 team list of places Russell would be willing to be traded to? Plus there's another factor in the equation: Does his wife want him in Seattle?

I also don't agree that we have to choose one or the other, Russell or Pete. There's a third option that I'm not necessarily advocating but that does exist: Fire Pete and trade Russell. And, of course, there's a 4th option: Keep both.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":nd8tofxh said:
I also don't agree that we have to choose one or the other, Russell or Pete.

If the season keeps going the way it's going, we will have to choose because Russell's going to again demand to be traded.

He was appeased this off season with the hiring of Waldron and Pete and John blowing smoke up his ass about how competitive the roster was going to be.

So if we end up missing the playoffs? Then yes if you want to keep Russell I think Pete will have to go. Wilson's still under contract, but he will have more leverage next off season than he did this past off season to force his way out......or pull a Rodgers.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":182thh93 said:
RiverDog":182thh93 said:

If the season keeps going the way it's going, we will have to choose because Russell's going to again demand to be traded.

He was appeased this off season with the hiring of Waldron and Pete and John blowing smoke up his ass about how competitive the roster was going to be.

So if we end up missing the playoffs? Then yes if you want to keep Russell I think Pete will have to go. Wilson's still under contract, but he will have more leverage next off season than he did this past off season to force his way out......or pull a Rodgers.

So much wrong with that! Russell NEVER demanded any such thing. His agent floated the idea of "if" to wake people up, but that my friend is a far cry from making DEMANDS!!

That blows your entire point because you chose a major exaggeration.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1z59cbhd said:
Sgt. Largent":1z59cbhd said:
RiverDog":1z59cbhd said:

So much wrong with that! Russell NEVER demanded any such thing. His agent floated the idea of "if" to wake people up, but that my friend is a far cry from making DEMANDS!!

I missed your special brand of acerbic responses Seymour, welcome back.

Yes I exaggerated. Russell didn't demand, because he had no leverage to demand. So use whatever more accurate word you want.........asked, inferred, inquired, prodded, pretty pleased.

But my point is still valid, next year he will have more leverage to demand if he wants Pete out.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ykmcn15n said:
Seymour":ykmcn15n said:
Sgt. Largent":ykmcn15n said:
RiverDog":ykmcn15n said:

Yes I exaggerated. Russell didn't demand, because he had no leverage to demand. So use whatever more accurate word you want.........asked, inferred, inquired, prodded, pretty pleased.

But my point is still valid, next year he will have more leverage to demand if he wants Pete out.

IMO Russell never wanted out, he wanted change. If he really wanted out he'd find a way and has the power to do so.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3s2p1pat said:
Sgt. Largent":3s2p1pat said:
Seymour":3s2p1pat said:
Sgt. Largent":3s2p1pat said:

IMO Russell never wanted out, he wanted change. If he really wanted out he'd find a way and has the power to do so.

When has a QB with three years on his deal and the possibility of being franchised for two more years ever forced his way out?

Even as unhappy as Rodgers was last year couldn't force his way out. Yes as Russell's contract gets closer and closer to expiring he will have more leverage.

But even next year it'll be difficult for him to demand anything.........but like I said it'll get more real with each passing off season if he wants out.

Which I do think he did last year, he just couldn't force it. Thus the passive aggressive "well, I don't want to be traded, but if the Seahawks are so inclined? Here's my five approved teams."

Pete and John hired Waldron in January, Russell's like non-demand was in June. So not sure what change he wanted between the Waldon hiring and June you're talking about that created what he wanted.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3730pjru said:
Seymour":3730pjru said:
Sgt. Largent":3730pjru said:
Seymour":3730pjru said:

When has a QB with three years on his deal and the possibility of being franchised for two more years ever forced his way out?

Even as unhappy as Rodgers was last year couldn't force his way out. Yes as Russell's contract gets closer and closer to expiring he will have more leverage.

But even next year it'll be difficult for him to demand anything.........but like I said it'll get more real with each passing off season if he wants out.

Which I do think he did last year, he just couldn't force it. Thus the passive aggressive "well, I don't want to be traded, but if the Seahawks are so inclined? Here's my five approved teams."

Pete and John hired Waldron in January, Russell's like non-demand was in June. So not sure what change he wanted between the Waldon hiring and June you're talking about that created what he wanted.

What is Pete's "prime directive" again?
Protect the team!!
If he wanted out, all he has to do is open his mouth about leadership, and as THE team leader Pete & John would be forced to deal him.

He wanted better pass protection for #1.......

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Fade":2vpppbq0 said:
eo620":2vpppbq0 said:

GB is still in danger of losing Rodgers after changing coaches.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The Packers after McCarthy left?

A circus with a disgruntled star quarterback, an absolutely hilarious first draft with the Love and Dillon picks, middling postseason success despite great regular season records, and opened this year with the worst loss of the entire season across the whole league?

Me thinks some individuals just see greener grass than their own in any yard they drive by, regardless of the obvious reality of the situation.

New front office immediately takes a backup quarterback in the first to piss off their franchise player, follows it up with a reach on a running back, and can't get over the hump.

Hmm. Sounds a lot better, alright.

notyou

Reaction score
Ren and Stimpy was far better than this.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pn9m8597 said:
RiverDog":pn9m8597 said:

What does Wilson have to be unhappy about?

Investment in the OL, best 1-2 WR duo in the NFL arguably, pass catching TEs, Carson, the team is offensively tilted from a talent standpoint all ti remake it for him, and we brought in an OC known for maximizing the PA game and generally having a higher level passing scheme than schotty or bevell.

If we lose, it won’t be because we didn’t do everything we could to make Russell the centerpiece of our success. If that still leads to him wanting out then that’s some serious bull crap.

All nonsense about Pete holding him back aside.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Yeah, let's get rid of our #1DVOA QB because our defensive coordinator sucks.

Oh, that's right, weed is legal in WA. This post makes sense now.

Latest posts