Yeah, Wilson should have sat out

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":qt5tp5ho said:
pittpnthrs":qt5tp5ho said:
Doesnt matter if it was Russ or Geno, they werent beating GB yesterday.
What is this based on? The overwhelming 3 points GB managed to score all the way until the 4th quarter?

We were not 'fated' to be beat by a GB team that was lucky to get away with just one INT the number of times Rodgers hit our guys in the hands. If our offense could score at all, this is a completely different game.

There's a reason Russell Wilson starts over Geno Smith. Seattle hasent won in Lambeau since 1999. Wilson has never won in Lambeau and you think a worse QB gives them a better chance? Yes, they were somewhat 'fated' to lose. Its what they do in GB.

Why are people so hung up on the 3 points? Last I looked, GB scored 17.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because you RARELY look at the actual facts imo. It was a one score game. Russ threw picks in the end zone twice.
It absolutely was a winnable game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":15j97wex said:
DarkVictory23":15j97wex said:
pittpnthrs":15j97wex said:
What is this based on? The overwhelming 3 points GB managed to score all the way until the 4th quarter?

We were not 'fated' to be beat by a GB team that was lucky to get away with just one INT the number of times Rodgers hit our guys in the hands. If our offense could score at all, this is a completely different game.

There's a reason Russell Wilson starts over Geno Smith. Seattle hasent won in Lambeau since 1999. Wilson has never won in Lambeau and you think a worse QB gives them a better chance? Yes, they were somewhat 'fated' to lose. Its what they do in GB.

IMO the coaching was so bad yesterday we could have won with either a hampered Russell or Geno.

But Pete can't not be Pete, he refuses to change or adjust what in any facet of the game in order to give his team a chance in games like this.

- You know Russell's not 100%, why aren't you moving the pocket and getting Russell on the move as opposed to having him sit in the pocket getting hammered?

- At least two, if not three times Pete should have gone for it on 4th down. You're god damn 3-5 and SHOULD be in desperation mode. But no, Pete wants to win the field position battle and refuses to take risks. Risks that could have resulted in points.

- Example #4,378 of Pete being a horrific in game clock, challenge and time out manager. Bad challenges, dumb time outs and terrible clock managing not calling time outs at the end of the game to give his offense more time.

He just gave up, and that should never be acceptable.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Stud":3dxriglj said:
hgwellz12":3dxriglj said:
VA49er":3dxriglj said:
Pride is dangerous. Risked injuries just to not get skunked.

will you let us sulk in peace? Go to your sorry ass team"s forum. Fu ck .

Meh, welcome to our misery. At least your coach (Carroll) gets you 10-11 wins a year and a playoff birth. Our coach (Shanahan) loses to Colt McCoy in dominant fashion just to watch the same Colt McCoy get killed by a terrible Panthers team.

Misery Loves company!!

Your coach brought in Garappolo, who got his team to the SB in 2019. When he could play fully physically. Coach knows there's a chance he may not sustain this for a full season, so he moved everything to get Lance. Who may or may not be good, but at this point I figure your fanbase would be more satisfied seeing more of Lance, win or lose.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":iq2h2jp2 said:
IMO the coaching was so bad yesterday we could have won with either a hampered Russell or Geno.

But Pete can't not be Pete, he refuses to change or adjust what in any facet of the game in order to give his team a chance in games like this.

- You know Russell's not 100%, why aren't you moving the pocket and getting Russell on the move as opposed to having him sit in the pocket getting hammered?

- At least two, if not three times Pete should have gone for it on 4th down. You're god damn 3-5 and SHOULD be in desperation mode. But no, Pete wants to win the field position battle and refuses to take risks. Risks that could have resulted in points.

- Example #4,378 of Pete being a horrific in game clock, challenge and time out manager. Bad challenges, dumb time outs and terrible clock managing not calling time outs at the end of the game to give his offense more time.

I agree with most of that. It was a very winnable game even with Russell playing well below par, and as a rule, I've been pretty critical of Pete's game management decisions, but not this game.

I can't see which 4th down situations you're talking about. We punted 6 times: 4th and 1 at our own 41, 0-0 score in the first quarter. Nope. We've never been a good short yardage offense. Russell Wilson isn't Cam Newton. 4th and 4 at the GB 45, also 0-0 in the first quarter. If you have a play you're really confident in, then maybe, but it's still early. The other 4 punts were 4th and 17 and 4th and 12 at midfield and 4th and 13 on our own 17 and 4th and 9 from our own 35, all with the score either 0-0 or 3-0.

The challenge of Rodgers fumble was a good decision. I was astounded when it wasn't reversed. It sure looked clear to me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24al4nyg said:
Because you RARELY look at the actual facts imo. It was a one score game. Russ threw picks in the end zone twice.
It absolutely was a winnable game.

And Rodgers threw a pick in the end zone too. Lot of 'if's' and 'coulda's'.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, the game was up for grabs in the 4th quarter. You can see it how you want. It was 3 effin points, in the 4th quarter. But yeah, they had no chance :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":5w1yykd9 said:
Sgt. Largent":5w1yykd9 said:

I agree with most of that. It was a very winnable game even with Russell playing well below par, and as a rule, I've been pretty critical of Pete's game management decisions, but not this game.

I can't see which 4th down situations you're talking about. We punted 6 times: 4th and 1 at our own 41, 0-0 score in the first quarter. Nope. We've never been a good short yardage offense. Russell Wilson isn't Cam Newton. 4th and 4 at the GB 45, also 0-0 in the first quarter. If you have a play you're really confident in, then maybe, but it's still early. The other 4 punts were 4th and 17 and 4th and 12 at midfield and 4th and 13 on our own 17 and 4th and 9 from our own 35, all with the score either 0-0 or 3-0.

The challenge of Rodgers fumble was a good decision. I was astounded when it wasn't reversed. It sure looked clear to me.

Should have gone for it on both of those 4th down situations.

There are coaches that now embrace the statistically backed up analytics on 4th down conversion. McVay, Staley, Kingsbury to name a few.

All the analytics now prove without a shadow of a doubt that these situations result in 1st downs far more than not, and more importantly don't negatively impact the outcome of games by giving your opponent the ball on your 45, or at their 45.

Our record should have even facilitated the going for it even more. There was no room to be conservative.

But no, not Pete. He's still coaching like it's 1993 thinking about field position and defense.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e6405iy said:
pittpnthrs":3e6405iy said:
DarkVictory23":3e6405iy said:
pittpnthrs":3e6405iy said:

Ok.... this is my questions to you and I'm only asking because I don't know. Why is it that you think this loss was on Pete? What information do you have that suggests that Pete got involved with the play calling? If you have the best punter in the league and the game plan is field position in a low scoring game why would he for it on 4th down and take the chance of giving GB great field position especially in a game they really need to win?

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":23wnmely said:
Sgt. Largent":23wnmely said:
pittpnthrs":23wnmely said:
DarkVictory23":23wnmely said:

Ok.... this is my questions to you and I'm only asking because I don't know. Why is it that you think this loss was on Pete? What information do you have that suggests that Pete got involved with the play calling? If you have the best punter in the league and the game plan is field position in a low scoring game why would he for it on 4th down and take the chance of giving GB great field position especially in a game they really need to win?

LTH

Because all the analytics now say that you should go for it on those 4th downs, especially a team that should be in full desperation mode........and has a QB that's obviously not at 100%, so how many times are you even going to be on your opponent's 45 with 4-5 yards to go?

As we found out, not often.

I'm not even talking about this one game. Yesterday was just another example in a long line of examples now as evidence that the game has passed Pete by, and he needs to go.

I want a coach with balls that knows the state of the NFL and how to change with the times and give his team the best chances to win games...........not a coach that's still playing checkers when the rest of the league is playing chess.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
If Russ really cared about winning and career longevity he would've sat out for a few more weeks. I don't want a 50% Wilson with a swollen throwing finger. Unfortunately he selfishly put himself before the team and played like he had his head up his buns all game long and costed us a shot at the post season. We needed that game guys. The only positive I noticed was when he ran. He needs to learn how to throw it away in field goal range and stop trying to force shit. He plays best when you eliminate the RPO's, take away his ability to audible and just run the damn game plan. He's too celebrity now for my liking and his game has done nothing but regress since meeting Ciara. He's toxic in a positive way I gues you could call it. He got sucked into image and celebrity and forgot how to play the quarterback position. We need better from a guy making that kind of money. Period

GO HAWKS!!!

toffee

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1ndrnvp4 said:
If Russ really cared about winning and career longevity he would've sat out for a few more weeks. I don't want a 50% Wilson with a swollen throwing finger. Unfortunately he selfishly put himself before the team and played like he had his head up his buns all game long and costed us a shot at the post season. We needed that game guys. The only positive I noticed was when he ran. He needs to learn how to throw it away in field goal range and stop trying to force $h!t. He plays best when you eliminate the RPO's, take away his ability to audible and just run the damn game plan. He's too celebrity now for my liking and his game has done nothing but regress since meeting Ciara. He's toxic in a positive way I gues you could call it. He got sucked into image and celebrity and forgot how to play the quarterback position. We need better from a guy making that kind of money. Period

GO HAWKS!!!

So, you are longing for the Wilson on the right?

Ccelebrities42720 russell wilson index

toffee

Reaction score
When you franchise QB was cleared by doctors and medical staffs, when your franchise QB said he was ready to play on a critical game. You start your franchise QB.

What went wrong IMHO, Pete should have pulled Wilson after the 2 or heck 3 quarters when he clearly wasn't himself.

Elemas

Reaction score
You miserable schmucks are going to get your wish one day. Maybe we’ll get three first rounders and something else to sweeten the deal.

Likely have only one pan out while Russ wins a SB with the Saints.

We’ll see endless absurd reasoning likened to bringing Russ’ wife into it, his contract, or coming back after being cleared by physicians. I’m sure the posts will be just as entertaining.

Where my LJ fanbois at? Rashaad Penny anyone? Many of these folks are the same Russ hating rhetoric posters.

Entertaining though…Fun to search by user and see just how bad these folks are at predicting outcomes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z0oz9izy said:
Exactly, the game was up for grabs in the 4th quarter. You can see it how you want. It was 3 effin points, in the 4th quarter. But yeah, they had no chance :roll:

So no account for the 14 other points huh?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yn7isv0 said:
RiverDog":1yn7isv0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1yn7isv0 said:

Should have gone for it on both of those 4th down situations.

There are coaches that now embrace the statistically backed up analytics on 4th down conversion. McVay, Staley, Kingsbury to name a few.

All the analytics now prove without a shadow of a doubt that these situations result in 1st downs far more than not, and more importantly don't negatively impact the outcome of games by giving your opponent the ball on your 45, or at their 45.

Our record should have even facilitated the going for it even more. There was no room to be conservative.

But no, not Pete. He's still coaching like it's 1993 thinking about field position and defense.

The problem with analytics is that it's a general formula. It's not team specific. We have a 5'10" quarterback that hardly ever runs QB sneaks and we were missing our best short yardage running back.

As a matter of fact, we rank dead last BY FAR in 4th down conversions, making just 20%.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/f ... ersion-pct

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
toffee":3rl97vrb said:
When you franchise QB was cleared by doctors and medical staffs, when your franchise QB said he was ready to play on a critical game. You start your franchise QB.

What went wrong IMHO, Pete should have pulled Wilson after the 2 or heck 3 quarters when he clearly wasn't himself.
Geno puts up 17 minimum yesterday. He's built chemistry with our receivers and played 3 great games. Sure he started off slow but by the time they played the Jags he was dropping dimes. Wilson's injury is preventing him from throwing accurately he needs to take a seat my guy
Take a seat :rumble:

Latest posts