Adams OUT for opener

RiverDog

Reaction score
No surprise about Adams. He's only been participating in walk throughs since coming off the DL. I wouldn't expect him to even suit up until Week 3, and even then, they'll be using him very sparingly. Bad trade keeps getting worse.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Why are we still talking about him ?
Hey Ray Ray! Long time no see, great to see ya man! We are still talking about him because he's a big part of this team and we're talking Seahawks. Hopefully he's good to go in a couple weeks!

Atradees

Reaction score
Im so sick of talking about a useless player. KJ seems to thinks Adams is all that. Id rather have KJ...yeah sure he lost some steps but at least he played. This defense needs to improve and messing around with lost causes isnt a sign of optimism. He is not a coverage guy has zero skills in forcing turnovers and catches the ball with his face. A part time pass rusher thats his role. That job only pays 3 to 5 million a year. So trade the guy to the Raiders or cut him and eat the dead cap.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Why are we still talking about him ?

Because he represents the largest cap number on the Seahawks roster this season, at about 8.2% of the cap.

I expect him to be cut in the next offseason. There will be $14.22M of dead money, but the Seahawks will be able to take that whole hit and be done with it next season, or take $7.11M of dead money in 2024 and the other $7.11 in 2025 by designating Adams as a post-June 1 cut.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Because he represents the largest cap number on the Seahawks roster this season, at about 8.2% of the cap.

I expect him to be cut in the next offseason. There will be $14.22M of dead money, but the Seahawks will be able to take that whole hit and be done with it next season, or take $7.11M of dead money in 2024 and the other $7.11 in 2025 by designating Adams as a post-June 1 cut.

+1, just like the Donks will be talking about Russ for the foreseeable future, for the exact same reasons.

Although Russ probably represents more than 8% of the cap. So likely to be more angst on the donk forums.

edogg23

Reaction score
I wonder how his speed is with that hitch in his step, or is that gone now too? He already has hands of stone.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
+1, just like the Donks will be talking about Russ for the foreseeable future, for the exact same reasons.

Although Russ probably represents more than 8% of the cap. So likely to be more angst on the donk forums.

Not this season. This season, Wilson's cap number is just $17M, 7.7% of the cap. Then it's projected to be 9.5% of the 2024 cap, 13.8% of the 2025 cap, 19.6% of the 2026 cap, and 19% of the 2027 cap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I live for Bronco failure it's even more awesome since I have to see Mahomes every ******* week. I have to admit he's probably the next Brady but it's my right to be totally jealous.

It's totally Karma that Wilson thinks he will ever be on the level of Mahomes or Herbert.

Mahomes and his wife Britney are very awesome real people so I have no hate to either as real people. If anyone deserves 7 Superbowl rings Patrick does he's 100% real.

I just hope Geno can steal us a couple in between.....

Last edited:

Throwdown

Reaction score
That's obvious I felt we has no disappointment but I'm seriously angry about this and don't understand why he isn't gone **** the money everyone knows That's bullshit and can be worked around if Pete would just swallow his pride.

Cuz he’s the best player on the field when he’s there, tell me who on this team brought the intensity and fire he did when he arrived? There wasn’t, it wasn’t gonna be KJ and Bobby no matter how great they were/are, they don’t play with the intensity and fire that’s as infectious as Jamal. Pete loves those kinds of guys (also one of the big reasons they took Witherspoon)

There’s more to it than Jamal is a good player, the dudes a super star talent, also brings a ton of leadership. Have you seen him on the sidelines coaching up the young guys? He’s had some bad luck, it happens, but giving up after missing one whole season is foolish when it’s a guy of his caliber.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Not this season. This season, Wilson's cap number is just $17M, 7.7% of the cap. Then it's projected to be 9.5% of the 2024 cap, 13.8% of the 2025 cap, 19.6% of the 2026 cap, and 19% of the 2027 cap.
Are we not paying a dead cap hit on RW?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Not in 2023.
Last year, there was $26M of "dead money" on the Seahawks cap from Wilson's contract. This year, the biggest dead-money cap hit is a little over $4.76M for Gabe Jackson.
Ok so they chose to take the whole hit..I thought they split it over 2

NoGain

Reaction score
Yup. We're just managing the loss now, and hopefully get something out of what's left of him. There would have to be some kind of massive restructuring of his contract to our benefit to keep him past this season, it seems to me. I don't even know if that's possible, though.

Remember there was actually a moment where Adams was hemming and hawing about whether he should sign that massive contract a few years ago? PC just couldn't quit him.

Turtle

Reaction score
Shit happens and the guy has certainly been the epitome of buzz kill in terms of availability.

I can handle that, shit happens.

What i can't stomach is how conceited/cocky the guy is. If he were at least the proverbial "leader of men" that this young team so desperately needs right now, I could probably look the other way.

But what do I know?

Maybe the guy is the ultimate teammate/leader behind close doors (though I doubt it). Maybe I missed it, but I've never really heard any of the other guys in the secondary saying how thankful they are to have Cigar City as a mentor in the locker room...just sayin

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
There's no point rushing him back just to have him get re-injured, and that isn't a troll comment. Make sure he's up to game speed and fully healthy. I don't think anyone was expecting a full 17 games from him, so might as well start his season one or two games later.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Shit happens and the guy has certainly been the epitome of buzz kill in terms of availability.

I can handle that, shit happens.

What i can't stomach is how conceited/cocky the guy is. If he were at least the proverbial "leader of men" that this young team so desperately needs right now, I could probably look the other way.

But what do I know?

Maybe the guy is the ultimate teammate/leader behind close doors (though I doubt it). Maybe I missed it, but I've never really heard any of the other guys in the secondary saying how thankful they are to have Cigar City as a mentor in the locker room...just sayin
His team nicknames are “the general” and “big bro.”