Adams OUT for opener

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yup. We're just managing the loss now, and hopefully get something out of what's left of him. There would have to be some kind of massive restructuring of his contract to our benefit to keep him past this season, it seems to me. I don't even know if that's possible, though.

Remember there was actually a moment where Adams was hemming and hawing about whether he should sign that massive contract a few years ago? PC just couldn't quit him.
That's certainly part of it. But I think that there's a human, psychological aspect to the dilemma, too. Pete and John don't want to admit that they made a huge mistake, so they're going to do everything in their power to salvage what they can out of it or at least put off the day of reconning as far into the future as possible.

It would explain why we're trying so hard to find a role for him by creating a linebacker/safety hybrid even though that might not be the best option for the team. Who knows, maybe we'll see him holding for field goals/XP's.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Shit happens and the guy has certainly been the epitome of buzz kill in terms of availability.

I can handle that, shit happens.

What i can't stomach is how conceited/cocky the guy is. If he were at least the proverbial "leader of men" that this young team so desperately needs right now, I could probably look the other way.

But what do I know?

Maybe the guy is the ultimate teammate/leader behind close doors (though I doubt it). Maybe I missed it, but I've never really heard any of the other guys in the secondary saying how thankful they are to have Cigar City as a mentor in the locker room...just sayin
I will say that all I've heard a lot about how much his teammates like him. He can be a little cocky but I feel most the hate is a result of him always being injured. And dropping ints

RiverDog

Reaction score
I will say that all I've heard a lot about how much his teammates like him. He can be a little cocky but I feel most the hate is a result of him always being injured. And dropping ints
It's hard to say what the dynamics are inside the locker room from our vantage point, but I agree, I've heard that he's a good teammate and well liked.