Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is time to move on from Pete.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:42 am
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    BEASTM0DE wrote:Hi everyone,

    First time poster here. I would respectfully agree that it's time to move on from Pete Carroll. The league has evolved quite a bit since the 2012-2015 Legion of Boom Days.

    Especially this season, I've noticed that his stubbornness to make in-game adjustments, questionable play calling and lack of accountability from himself, Russ or any of the coaches has resulted in a consistent and rapid decline of this team. Every year, the Seattle Seahawks have gotten progressively worse. Since Superbowl 49, we have drafted poorly, made some huge trades with little payoff and ultimately, it continues to hurt this team. Not all the blame falls on his shoulders. The game against the Giants had a lot to do with Wilson's poor play as well amongst a lot of . He consistently takes the sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds amongst other things.

    My main disagreement is with a lot of the posters who claim that fans should be happy with having a winning record. Being one and done in the playoffs is not something to be content with. The goal should be to win the Superbowl not to make it to the playoffs. Merely making it to the playoffs only to exit early makes you no better than a team that didn't make it to the playoffs. The end result is the same thing: You didn't win the Lombardi.

    Carroll's failure to make in-game and coaching adjustments will continue to hurt this team. Not holding his coaches accountable like KNJ will only result in the same outcome of a historically bad defense. If we can't change the head coach, the head coach needs to adapt to the league and not be so stuck in his ways and refuse to acknowledge the consistent weaknesses of the team.



    ok so my questions to you..

    Explain how you think the league has evolved since the legion of boom days... what brings you to that conclusion and what information do you have that backs that up?

    explain why you think Carroll has a lack of accountability from himself and How do you back that up?

    Explain why you think the Hawks have drafted poorly and tell me which GM has drafted better picking from the bottom 10 of the league for the last 11 years?

    Explain what information you have that Carroll does not hold his coaches accountable...what article do you have that backs that up? do you have inside information to back up that claim?



    LTH


    Happily

    - The LOB Seahawks actually sparked the NFL to change its rules on defense to help make offenses more successful. WHY (OMG CONSPIRACY THEORY, but it's true). Because there is too much money in fantasy football, offensive stats, and lets be real...scoring points on offense is entertaining and gets more eyes on TV. Have you noticed that teams are scoring more and more points its not just the "offensive geniuses" of the new coaching like McVay etc.... Its because they made lives harder for the defenses. Every little thing the LOB used to excel at which was literally molesting everyone on the field to borderline "where's my holding or pass interference call?!?" cry by opposing fans...is now actually being called by the officials. The reviewable pass interference which was tried for one year was a step in that direction, but it slowed the game too much. However, it does show the intention of the NFL...they want points on the board...not off of it. The NFL was drooling for Mahomes and the offense to win the SB last year and KILL the motto "defense wins championships". The highest scoring offense in history got destroyed by our Hawks, and since then everything the NFL has done was to cater to offense not defense. So yes...one huge portion of the NFL evolving right there which means you better evolve with it.

    - Petes lack of accountability. Since SB 49 he had the time to admit passing the ball was the wrong call. He was asked about it and he said, the stats said he should do it. Hed make the same call. You think i'm full of it. We all know how much the LOB all felt he took zero accountability for that and from that moment forward the Seahawks and the LOB stopped playing for each other and started playing for their paychecks. There's been enough reports out there of leaks from the locker room they all felt he took zero accountability for how that went. Also everytime they lose in similar fashion hell even this last game "oh the chunk plays werent there". That's not accountability...that's just saying your crap didnt work out like u planned. You made no adjustments after realizing the 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th time ur deep pass hail mary bombs dont work against good defenses ready for how the Hawks come from behind. He has so much faith that things wil work which can be great, has been grreat, but when they dont he just says oh they werent' there...theres no accountability of yes..i should have realized it wasnt working and switched game plans mid way through..option B, or C...its option A or bust.

    - I havent mentioned drafts, but okay lets go there. The hawks hit FIRE in 2010-2012 drafting. Since then...who have they got of worthy mention in the last 6 years, i wont count last year because ill give it a year. Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. Maybe Carson but lets also face it...for as amazing as he is ON the field...he sure as hell isn;t doing anything when hes injured as well. injuries cant be predicted BUT you are a result of your drafting and how many O line busts have we had, Mcdowell? etc. Trading the first round draft picks for high paid people who didnt work in this system or were injured a lot (Harvin and Graham). Outside of the Duane Brown trade, DK Metcalf and tyler lockett...that's 3 players in 6 years of drafting...maybe Carson (if he stayed on the field for at least 3/4s of a season)...Hawks have been drafting/trading below average for the last 6 years. A decent team will find ONE probowl calber player every other draft...DRAFT not trade. because trade u gave up ur cheap rookies at probowl potential for a veteran player at veteran pay for a pro bowl name...and once someone gets injured you lack depth and here we are again crying about injuries for losses. There were injuries in the LOB years no one made those excuses because they had depth because no one was high paid.

    - Got you here. How long was Cable and Bevell still coaching before they finally got fired and everyone and their grand mother could see they couldn't coach/help draft an O-line worth a damn nor make the offense work. The LOB and Marshawn Lynch won those games, not Bevell but oh he was OC during those years he mus tbe the reason for their success...why change anything. KNJ the DC right now up until really last game (defense showed up, offense did not) has looked like hot garbage and pretty much all of last year. They had a come to jesus moment when they had 2 losses in a row where they got everyone in a room to talk about their roles and expectations. Jesus Christ week 10 is when they did that? not week 3? when they were already establishing themselves as THE WORST PASSING DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!! already coming off a weak as defensive showing all of last season...

    What have you got? other than just saying you dont know the inside info, you don't know their philosophies...once again i dont need to know their philosophies to see it's not working. The proof is in the pudding. Do I need to know how an engine works to know the car has an issue because one of the wheels is wobbling yet the driver wont get out and do something about it? At this point A LARGE majority of Seahawks fans are seeing the same thing I'm seeing and we're frustrated because "in pete we trust" for the last few years we saw the expected decline of a SB contender, then suddenly rather than a rise its a flat line of same old same old (9-11 win season with 1st or second round exit in the playoffs). Show me? in the last 6 years...have the hawks out performed that outcome? have they ACTUALLY shown anything that says they will this year or the next? what in the coaching and gameplans and drafting have you seen that says they will get over that 9-11 win, 1st/2nd round playoff exit level?

    If they make it to the NFCCG this year, ill eat crow. When do you eat yours?


    I don't waste my time on people like you.... You will argue a point you don't understand even if for some miraculous reason you figured out that you were wrong, you would still argue the same point... what a joke...

    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1325
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:12 am
  • Everything Zaghawk just posted is legit. Its easy to run away from it or lend a blind eye, but its legit nontheless.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1889
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:42 am
  • OrangeGravy wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    BEASTM0DE wrote:Hi everyone,

    First time poster here. I would respectfully agree that it's time to move on from Pete Carroll. The league has evolved quite a bit since the 2012-2015 Legion of Boom Days.

    Especially this season, I've noticed that his stubbornness to make in-game adjustments, questionable play calling and lack of accountability from himself, Russ or any of the coaches has resulted in a consistent and rapid decline of this team. Every year, the Seattle Seahawks have gotten progressively worse. Since Superbowl 49, we have drafted poorly, made some huge trades with little payoff and ultimately, it continues to hurt this team. Not all the blame falls on his shoulders. The game against the Giants had a lot to do with Wilson's poor play as well amongst a lot of . He consistently takes the sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds amongst other things.

    My main disagreement is with a lot of the posters who claim that fans should be happy with having a winning record. Being one and done in the playoffs is not something to be content with. The goal should be to win the Superbowl not to make it to the playoffs. Merely making it to the playoffs only to exit early makes you no better than a team that didn't make it to the playoffs. The end result is the same thing: You didn't win the Lombardi.

    Carroll's failure to make in-game and coaching adjustments will continue to hurt this team. Not holding his coaches accountable like KNJ will only result in the same outcome of a historically bad defense. If we can't change the head coach, the head coach needs to adapt to the league and not be so stuck in his ways and refuse to acknowledge the consistent weaknesses of the team.



    ok so my questions to you..

    Explain how you think the league has evolved since the legion of boom days... what brings you to that conclusion and what information do you have that backs that up?

    explain why you think Carroll has a lack of accountability from himself and How do you back that up?

    Explain why you think the Hawks have drafted poorly and tell me which GM has drafted better picking from the bottom 10 of the league for the last 11 years?

    Explain what information you have that Carroll does not hold his coaches accountable...what article do you have that backs that up? do you have inside information to back up that claim?



    LTH


    Happily

    - The LOB Seahawks actually sparked the NFL to change its rules on defense to help make offenses more successful. WHY (OMG CONSPIRACY THEORY, but it's true). Because there is too much money in fantasy football, offensive stats, and lets be real...scoring points on offense is entertaining and gets more eyes on TV. Have you noticed that teams are scoring more and more points its not just the "offensive geniuses" of the new coaching like McVay etc.... Its because they made lives harder for the defenses. Every little thing the LOB used to excel at which was literally molesting everyone on the field to borderline "where's my holding or pass interference call?!?" cry by opposing fans...is now actually being called by the officials. The reviewable pass interference which was tried for one year was a step in that direction, but it slowed the game too much. However, it does show the intention of the NFL...they want points on the board...not off of it. The NFL was drooling for Mahomes and the offense to win the SB last year and KILL the motto "defense wins championships". The highest scoring offense in history got destroyed by our Hawks, and since then everything the NFL has done was to cater to offense not defense. So yes...one huge portion of the NFL evolving right there which means you better evolve with it.

    - Petes lack of accountability. Since SB 49 he had the time to admit passing the ball was the wrong call. He was asked about it and he said, the stats said he should do it. Hed make the same call. You think i'm full of it. We all know how much the LOB all felt he took zero accountability for that and from that moment forward the Seahawks and the LOB stopped playing for each other and started playing for their paychecks. There's been enough reports out there of leaks from the locker room they all felt he took zero accountability for how that went. Also everytime they lose in similar fashion hell even this last game "oh the chunk plays werent there". That's not accountability...that's just saying your crap didnt work out like u planned. You made no adjustments after realizing the 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th time ur deep pass hail mary bombs dont work against good defenses ready for how the Hawks come from behind. He has so much faith that things wil work which can be great, has been grreat, but when they dont he just says oh they werent' there...theres no accountability of yes..i should have realized it wasnt working and switched game plans mid way through..option B, or C...its option A or bust.

    - I havent mentioned drafts, but okay lets go there. The hawks hit FIRE in 2010-2012 drafting. Since then...who have they got of worthy mention in the last 6 years, i wont count last year because ill give it a year. Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. Maybe Carson but lets also face it...for as amazing as he is ON the field...he sure as hell isn;t doing anything when hes injured as well. injuries cant be predicted BUT you are a result of your drafting and how many O line busts have we had, Mcdowell? etc. Trading the first round draft picks for high paid people who didnt work in this system or were injured a lot (Harvin and Graham). Outside of the Duane Brown trade, DK Metcalf and tyler lockett...that's 3 players in 6 years of drafting...maybe Carson (if he stayed on the field for at least 3/4s of a season)...Hawks have been drafting/trading below average for the last 6 years. A decent team will find ONE probowl calber player every other draft...DRAFT not trade. because trade u gave up ur cheap rookies at probowl potential for a veteran player at veteran pay for a pro bowl name...and once someone gets injured you lack depth and here we are again crying about injuries for losses. There were injuries in the LOB years no one made those excuses because they had depth because no one was high paid.

    - Got you here. How long was Cable and Bevell still coaching before they finally got fired and everyone and their grand mother could see they couldn't coach/help draft an O-line worth a damn nor make the offense work. The LOB and Marshawn Lynch won those games, not Bevell but oh he was OC during those years he mus tbe the reason for their success...why change anything. KNJ the DC right now up until really last game (defense showed up, offense did not) has looked like hot garbage and pretty much all of last year. They had a come to jesus moment when they had 2 losses in a row where they got everyone in a room to talk about their roles and expectations. Jesus Christ week 10 is when they did that? not week 3? when they were already establishing themselves as THE WORST PASSING DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!! already coming off a weak as defensive showing all of last season...

    What have you got? other than just saying you dont know the inside info, you don't know their philosophies...once again i dont need to know their philosophies to see it's not working. The proof is in the pudding. Do I need to know how an engine works to know the car has an issue because one of the wheels is wobbling yet the driver wont get out and do something about it? At this point A LARGE majority of Seahawks fans are seeing the same thing I'm seeing and we're frustrated because "in pete we trust" for the last few years we saw the expected decline of a SB contender, then suddenly rather than a rise its a flat line of same old same old (9-11 win season with 1st or second round exit in the playoffs). Show me? in the last 6 years...have the hawks out performed that outcome? have they ACTUALLY shown anything that says they will this year or the next? what in the coaching and gameplans and drafting have you seen that says they will get over that 9-11 win, 1st/2nd round playoff exit level?

    If they make it to the NFCCG this year, ill eat crow. When do you eat yours?

    Those changes you speak of the NFL making to help offenses started when the LOB was still in grade school. The LOB got flagged more for being handsy, but nothing they did changed the way the league's rules were. The concussion disaster directly lead to all of the crap rules taking away the defenses ability to tackle a receiver. The only reason Bam Bam could do what he did was because the league was still adding and adding to those defenseless player rules every offseason. He was just lucky enough to come along before the rules evolved to where they are now.

    I think people also forget that PeteBall and Pete was a dinosaur compared to the NFL he returned to. The league was already a passing league. The rules already favored, HEAVILY, QBs and receivers. Go back and look. His run first, tough Defense wasn't thought well of when he started with Seattle. I don't think you'll find many pundits predicting his success back at the beginning. Even when LOB became the LOB, nobody thought style had a snowball's chance in hell to beat the vaunted Bronco's #1 offense that threw the ball all over the place.

    So to me, Pete has always been a dinosaur. Using that now as an a reason to fire him holds no water. The one thing that everyone misses in these "how the league has changed" discussions is that one thing has never changed. No matter how good your offense is, you won't win the SB without your defense playing at a top level in the playoffs. Even the Chiefs with Mahomes couldn't get over that hump until their D started playing to level at the end of last year. For me it's all about the D. If Seattle's defense can get to top 10, the offense just has to competent.



    I agree with you on a lot of what you wrote. So my mistake it was already geared towards offense when he came in, but I will say they continue to gear that way more and more so the challenge is harder and harder to rely on defense.. Pete was already a dinosaur when he came in and he proved smash mouth football can still work* (If you have an all-world defense with a competent offense). However, how often are you going to ge tthat all-world defense with competent (actually good) offense? Once in a lifetime.

    My reason to fire him..I don't want him fired. Is not Pete ball itself, its just lack of MINOR changes. Like he has his script, and it has to play that way every game all season. All game long he's playing by this script and if things don't workout...his belief is...it will workout...and when it doesn't. Being close games maybe even coming from behind and having to get these huge miracle plays when they go prevent D, but if they don't go prevent D and keep pressure on RW It's too late. Like he's seen enough losses of the same nature, where they SHOULD have an option B or C...and the problem is he refuses to try option B or C by half time.

    I also agree with you that every SB winner needs top be top10 in defense and your offense better make up the slack depending how you rank on that defense. So for the LOB year...#1 defense, offense was top10. Chiefs last year top 3 offense, top 10 defense. Our Hawks this year...top 5 offense but recently looking like top 10 at best...meanwhile the defense looks like a bottom 3 and just recently middle pack defense. The front office have made the moves that says this is a win-now season (Jamal Trade, you don't do that unless you say...we need to win NOW). Therefore...yes Pete needs to make his adjustments recognizing his defense is middle of the pack at best and if that's the case the offense needs to pick up the slack and they sure as hell can't be looking average or less than average (recently) if the defense is going to be where it's at...it's not going to be top 5. So the offense needs to be top 5 and he's not coaching it that way right now. Pete ball is great...when the team has the talent to make it work, but his team talent isn't built for pete ball it's built to be better on offense with mid pack defense. and the frustration is he's not adapting with his team, he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and continues to do so.

    I appreciate your thoughtful response and this conversation we're having :)..
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:49 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Everything Zaghawk just posted is legit. Its easy to run away from it or lend a blind eye, but its legit nontheless.


    I appreciate it. Just like everyone here. I'm passionate about OUR Seahawks. We want them to win and its just frustrating to see the talent there but it's not performing to its potential. I actually love Pete and his philosophy. He's great to listen to, he's very motivational, but watching our Hawks on field and the stumbles being carbon copies of themselves has created my frustrations. It's almost like the popular motto "always compete", Hey Pete...take some of that yourself...you see what some of these other coaches are bringing into the league with creativity....COMPETE. Or does it only apply between the starters and the back ups?

    The Rams and Niners game will be the most telling game of what our Hawks our this season. At the end of the day we all root for the Seahawks. Well except for Morgan =P
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:50 am
  • LTH wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    BEASTM0DE wrote:Hi everyone,

    First time poster here. I would respectfully agree that it's time to move on from Pete Carroll. The league has evolved quite a bit since the 2012-2015 Legion of Boom Days.

    Especially this season, I've noticed that his stubbornness to make in-game adjustments, questionable play calling and lack of accountability from himself, Russ or any of the coaches has resulted in a consistent and rapid decline of this team. Every year, the Seattle Seahawks have gotten progressively worse. Since Superbowl 49, we have drafted poorly, made some huge trades with little payoff and ultimately, it continues to hurt this team. Not all the blame falls on his shoulders. The game against the Giants had a lot to do with Wilson's poor play as well amongst a lot of . He consistently takes the sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds amongst other things.

    My main disagreement is with a lot of the posters who claim that fans should be happy with having a winning record. Being one and done in the playoffs is not something to be content with. The goal should be to win the Superbowl not to make it to the playoffs. Merely making it to the playoffs only to exit early makes you no better than a team that didn't make it to the playoffs. The end result is the same thing: You didn't win the Lombardi.

    Carroll's failure to make in-game and coaching adjustments will continue to hurt this team. Not holding his coaches accountable like KNJ will only result in the same outcome of a historically bad defense. If we can't change the head coach, the head coach needs to adapt to the league and not be so stuck in his ways and refuse to acknowledge the consistent weaknesses of the team.



    ok so my questions to you..

    Explain how you think the league has evolved since the legion of boom days... what brings you to that conclusion and what information do you have that backs that up?

    explain why you think Carroll has a lack of accountability from himself and How do you back that up?

    Explain why you think the Hawks have drafted poorly and tell me which GM has drafted better picking from the bottom 10 of the league for the last 11 years?

    Explain what information you have that Carroll does not hold his coaches accountable...what article do you have that backs that up? do you have inside information to back up that claim?



    LTH


    Happily

    - The LOB Seahawks actually sparked the NFL to change its rules on defense to help make offenses more successful. WHY (OMG CONSPIRACY THEORY, but it's true). Because there is too much money in fantasy football, offensive stats, and lets be real...scoring points on offense is entertaining and gets more eyes on TV. Have you noticed that teams are scoring more and more points its not just the "offensive geniuses" of the new coaching like McVay etc.... Its because they made lives harder for the defenses. Every little thing the LOB used to excel at which was literally molesting everyone on the field to borderline "where's my holding or pass interference call?!?" cry by opposing fans...is now actually being called by the officials. The reviewable pass interference which was tried for one year was a step in that direction, but it slowed the game too much. However, it does show the intention of the NFL...they want points on the board...not off of it. The NFL was drooling for Mahomes and the offense to win the SB last year and KILL the motto "defense wins championships". The highest scoring offense in history got destroyed by our Hawks, and since then everything the NFL has done was to cater to offense not defense. So yes...one huge portion of the NFL evolving right there which means you better evolve with it.

    - Petes lack of accountability. Since SB 49 he had the time to admit passing the ball was the wrong call. He was asked about it and he said, the stats said he should do it. Hed make the same call. You think i'm full of it. We all know how much the LOB all felt he took zero accountability for that and from that moment forward the Seahawks and the LOB stopped playing for each other and started playing for their paychecks. There's been enough reports out there of leaks from the locker room they all felt he took zero accountability for how that went. Also everytime they lose in similar fashion hell even this last game "oh the chunk plays werent there". That's not accountability...that's just saying your crap didnt work out like u planned. You made no adjustments after realizing the 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th time ur deep pass hail mary bombs dont work against good defenses ready for how the Hawks come from behind. He has so much faith that things wil work which can be great, has been grreat, but when they dont he just says oh they werent' there...theres no accountability of yes..i should have realized it wasnt working and switched game plans mid way through..option B, or C...its option A or bust.

    - I havent mentioned drafts, but okay lets go there. The hawks hit FIRE in 2010-2012 drafting. Since then...who have they got of worthy mention in the last 6 years, i wont count last year because ill give it a year. Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. Maybe Carson but lets also face it...for as amazing as he is ON the field...he sure as hell isn;t doing anything when hes injured as well. injuries cant be predicted BUT you are a result of your drafting and how many O line busts have we had, Mcdowell? etc. Trading the first round draft picks for high paid people who didnt work in this system or were injured a lot (Harvin and Graham). Outside of the Duane Brown trade, DK Metcalf and tyler lockett...that's 3 players in 6 years of drafting...maybe Carson (if he stayed on the field for at least 3/4s of a season)...Hawks have been drafting/trading below average for the last 6 years. A decent team will find ONE probowl calber player every other draft...DRAFT not trade. because trade u gave up ur cheap rookies at probowl potential for a veteran player at veteran pay for a pro bowl name...and once someone gets injured you lack depth and here we are again crying about injuries for losses. There were injuries in the LOB years no one made those excuses because they had depth because no one was high paid.

    - Got you here. How long was Cable and Bevell still coaching before they finally got fired and everyone and their grand mother could see they couldn't coach/help draft an O-line worth a damn nor make the offense work. The LOB and Marshawn Lynch won those games, not Bevell but oh he was OC during those years he mus tbe the reason for their success...why change anything. KNJ the DC right now up until really last game (defense showed up, offense did not) has looked like hot garbage and pretty much all of last year. They had a come to jesus moment when they had 2 losses in a row where they got everyone in a room to talk about their roles and expectations. Jesus Christ week 10 is when they did that? not week 3? when they were already establishing themselves as THE WORST PASSING DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!! already coming off a weak as defensive showing all of last season...

    What have you got? other than just saying you dont know the inside info, you don't know their philosophies...once again i dont need to know their philosophies to see it's not working. The proof is in the pudding. Do I need to know how an engine works to know the car has an issue because one of the wheels is wobbling yet the driver wont get out and do something about it? At this point A LARGE majority of Seahawks fans are seeing the same thing I'm seeing and we're frustrated because "in pete we trust" for the last few years we saw the expected decline of a SB contender, then suddenly rather than a rise its a flat line of same old same old (9-11 win season with 1st or second round exit in the playoffs). Show me? in the last 6 years...have the hawks out performed that outcome? have they ACTUALLY shown anything that says they will this year or the next? what in the coaching and gameplans and drafting have you seen that says they will get over that 9-11 win, 1st/2nd round playoff exit level?

    If they make it to the NFCCG this year, ill eat crow. When do you eat yours?


    I don't waste my time on people like you.... You will argue a point you don't understand even if for some miraculous reason you figured out that you were wrong, you would still argue the same point... what a joke...

    LTH


    Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 am
  • ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:45 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!



    when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
    What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

    Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
    If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2597
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:50 pm
  • FPD wrote:I think it still comes back to:

    Welshers wrote:Who would you rather have?

    Jim Harbaugh Let Jim Cook
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 162
    Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:40 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!


    Much appreciated. I am very passionate. I want to see our Hawks win and go back to being more than good. 2012-2013 was so fantastic but the way it ended in 2014 im sure we all feel need something to almost put that out of our heads...which is another SB win. I feel like that's what Broncos fans needed after SB 48 when they won in SB 50.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:32 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!



    when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
    What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

    Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
    If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.

    I game can be out of reach and non competitive by the body language you see on the field.

    Last week was a prime example how out of the game Seattle really was.

    They were disinterested, and check out mentally.

    That playoff game against the Packers did not show a sense of urgency and nothing was being done to adjust defensively to stop Davantae Adams from shredding Seattle. They didn’t roll any help to Trey Flowers side and Adams was just doing anything he wanted too.

    That’s all game planning and adjustments that needed to be made during the game and is also another example of Carroll being unable to make any in game adjustments and changes.

    Why a majority of people here aren’t sick of it, I don’t know.

    Seattle did lose all their running backs and that happens but at least make some defensive changes.

    What excuse do they have to not do that?

    But, hey, at least Seattle went to playoffs, right! And that’s enough all the time now! (Sarcasm)

    Feel free to disagree.

    I’m pretty much over the division within this board and the failure to see that Carroll’s system is flawed and he cannot advance deeper in playoffs anymore.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!



    when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
    What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

    Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
    If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.

    I game can be out of reach and non competitive by the body language you see on the field.

    Last week was a prime example how out of the game Seattle really was.

    They were disinterested, and check out mentally.

    That playoff game against the Packers did not show a sense of urgency and nothing was being done to adjust defensively to stop Davantae Adams from shredding Seattle. They didn’t roll any help to Trey Flowers side and Adams was just doing anything he wanted too.

    That’s all game planning and adjustments that needed to be made during the game and is also another example of Carroll being unable to make any in game adjustments and changes.

    Why a majority of people here aren’t sick of it, I don’t know.

    Seattle did lose all their running backs and that happens but at least make some defensive changes.

    What excuse do they have to not do that?

    But, hey, at least Seattle went to playoffs, right! And that’s enough all the time now! (Sarcasm)

    Feel free to disagree.

    I’m pretty much over the division within this board and the failure to see that Carroll’s system is flawed and he cannot advance deeper in playoffs anymore.


    There are a number of games that looking back at the score seem more competitive than they are but in reality the Hawks were getting their butts handed to them down by like 2.5-3 scores and then RW makes 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes still relying on a miracle on-side kick and TD to win and then we look back and say oh...see how close that game was. The flipped script also can occur when the Hawks due take a big lead and let the opponent score in garbage time to make the game seem closer than it was (Eagles). But given what I wrote earlier, that definitely was one thing I did not like when the Hawks stat used to be like the Hawks have not lost a game by more than one score in X games full well not recognizing how many of those games were kind of blow outs except for some scores in garbage time.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:12 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:ZagHawk,

    I appreciate the time you took to address your points when you were called out by LTH.

    Even if LTH does not agree or recognize your points, other posters here do.

    I am also frustrated with Carroll and the division among this board befuddles me as there are many here that are content with a team “good enough” to go to playoffs but when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.

    The playoff game against the Packers last year was a fine example of this. Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game.

    This frustrates fans since this happens a lot and Carroll does not seem to take responsibility for lapses in management.

    I do appreciate your post, ZagHawk and I thank you for taking your time to address them even if others here will look past them and ignore it.

    I hope it gets better for us!

    Cheers!



    when Seattle does lose, the game isn’t all that competitive.
    What?!?! How many losses in the Pete Carroll era have been non competetive? What was the NFL record streak of not losing a game by double digits?

    Seattle and their coaching staff were ill prepared and did not make any adjustments when the time allowed and the momentum of the game was one-sided favoring the Packers a majority of the game
    If I remember that game correctly, at RB the Seahawks were down to Travis Homer, the recently signed Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin. The running game was an absolute non factor no matter how much they might have tried. Injuries just plain depleted them of any real competetivness.

    I game can be out of reach and non competitive by the body language you see on the field.

    Last week was a prime example how out of the game Seattle really was.

    They were disinterested, and check out mentally.

    That playoff game against the Packers did not show a sense of urgency and nothing was being done to adjust defensively to stop Davantae Adams from shredding Seattle. They didn’t roll any help to Trey Flowers side and Adams was just doing anything he wanted too.

    That’s all game planning and adjustments that needed to be made during the game and is also another example of Carroll being unable to make any in game adjustments and changes.

    Why a majority of people here aren’t sick of it, I don’t know.

    Seattle did lose all their running backs and that happens but at least make some defensive changes.

    What excuse do they have to not do that?

    But, hey, at least Seattle went to playoffs, right! And that’s enough all the time now! (Sarcasm)

    Feel free to disagree.

    I’m pretty much over the division within this board and the failure to see that Carroll’s system is flawed and he cannot advance deeper in playoffs anymore.


    There are a number of games that looking back at the score seem more competitive than they are but in reality the Hawks were getting their butts handed to them down by like 2.5-3 scores and then RW makes 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes still relying on a miracle on-side kick and TD to win and then we look back and say oh...see how close that game was. The flipped script also can occur when the Hawks due take a big lead and let the opponent score in garbage time to make the game seem closer than it was (Eagles). But given what I wrote earlier, that definitely was one thing I did not like when the Hawks stat used to be like the Hawks have not lost a game by more than one score in X games full well not recognizing how many of those games were kind of blow outs except for some scores in garbage time.


    Exactly! Fully agreed!

    If it isn’t these garbage time scores, the story is completely different. They aren’t one score games. Seattle gets their rear ends handed to them for a majority of the game, until the opposing coach knows it’s over and does not want to risk injury to their players so they let off the gas with 3 mins or so left in the game.

    This happens all the time with Seattle.

    The game isn’t close as people think it is. The final box score is nothing compared to the final recap.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1817
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:53 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Welshers wrote:Who would you rather have?

    Ah, yes, this same old tired argument, automatically the rebuttal anyone has when Pete is questioned. You may be fine just barely backing into the playoffs year, after year, but I'm not. It is abundantly clear that Pete Carroll is incapable of ever taking us to the big game, ever again. Just look at the Packers without Mike McCarthy, a coach that had a good track record in Green Bay -- think they regret that decision?

    Sometimes it is just time to move on. You think Carroll is going to take us any farther? What about Carroll has shown you that he can get us back? If it the defense that has declined each and every year since 2015? Is it the below .500 win rate in the playoffs since 2015? Currently we're a team that lives and dies on the arm of our QB, and we're tied to a coach that has consistently got in the way of our QB's development, and progress. Pete Carroll isn't getting younger either, at 69 he is the oldest coach in the NFL. Next season he is going to be two years away from being the oldest coach to ever coach a game. You don't think with that we're going to get some form of cognitive decline? We're already seeing some baffling in game decision making, and some odd game plans.


    You should change your name to "Hyperbole Dr".
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2446
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 am
  • screw it.
    Last edited by ZagHawk on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 am
  • Pete is sunsetting. It's not even up for debate. We should thank him for his time and what he's done, pay out his newly extended contract, and find a replacement this off-season.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 32116
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:16 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Pete is sunsetting. It's not even up for debate. We should thank him for his time and what he's done, pay out his newly extended contract, and find a replacement this off-season.


    Agreed and they need to do it soon for locker room chemistry.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1955
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 pm


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 am
  • This thread sure aged well. I'm curious if anyone has changed their tune?
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 am


Re: It is time to move on from Pete.
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:55 am
  • NJlargent wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Pete is sunsetting. It's not even up for debate. We should thank him for his time and what he's done, pay out his newly extended contract, and find a replacement this off-season.


    Agreed and they need to do it soon for locker room chemistry.

    Highly unlikely that Carroll will fire himself . Ownership won't either .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4320
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Previous


It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online