Schefter reporting Wilson supplied trade list

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I tried sharing the news in another post, but amid the speculation that this was all nothing the news was ignored. Here were some of my conclusions from Wilson's agent's take...

1. Wilson is not demanding a trade.
Interesting, no one has reported that he was. And also notice how that does NOT mean he has not asked for one or broached the possibility of one. A very PR response here.

2. The only teams Wilson would consider would be... Dallas, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Chicago.
Also interesting. That's a NFC-heavy list and one with teams that do not have as many draft picks as say Miami. It almost feels like a list you put together for a trade not to happen this year. I guess New Orleans is a contender.

3. For those saying "nothing to see here", I would stop. This doesn't mean that Wilson will be traded, but acting like there's not something going on is increasingly a stretch.

Wilson is not happy with the current situation. I would start with that conclusion and then move on to whether or not the Seahawks can make him happy again.

To me it still comes down to if you're paying the QB $30M+ then he is the captain of the offense. If you want the coach to call the offense and/or have veto authority, or if you don't trust the QB to perform well, then you don't pay the QB that type of $$$. To make Wilson happy you live and die by his performance. You give him all of the offensive play calling control that he wants.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
All 4 of those teams have the big market appeal he and more so his wife want for their "legacy" exposure.

James in PA

Reaction score
HELL NO to another NFC team.

Raiders or no trade. I’m thinking Mariota and (3) first rounders.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":33i9ldm0 said:
To me it still comes down to if you're paying the QB $30M+ then he is the captain of the offense. If you want the coach to call the offense and/or have veto authority, or if you don't trust the QB to perform well, then you don't pay the QB that type of $$$. To make Wilson happy you live and die by his performance. You give him all of the offensive play calling control that he wants.
See, this is a problem with the NFL marketplace right now, though... this simply isn't how it works right now. Teams were setting contract records for guys like Joe Flacco and Kirk Cousins. Just being at or slightly above replacement level is enough right now for a team to justify a giant QB contract because that's what the QB market demands right now.

Someone like Russell Wilson was going to get a huge contract even if he WASN'T as good as he is.

acer1240

Reaction score
Wilson needs to shut the hell up.

This shit is getting tired.

John63

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":1469ksfw said:
Thanks for sharing! I tried sharing the news in another post, but amid the speculation that this was all nothing the news was ignored. Here were some of my conclusions from Wilson's agent's take...

1. Wilson is not demanding a trade.
Interesting, no one has reported that he was. And also notice how that does NOT mean he has not asked for one or broached the possibility of one. A very PR response here.

2. The only teams Wilson would consider would be... Dallas, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Chicago.
Also interesting. That's a NFC-heavy list and one with teams that do not have as many draft picks as say Miami. It almost feels like a list you put together for a trade not to happen this year. I guess New Orleans is a contender.

3. For those saying "nothing to see here", I would stop. This doesn't mean that Wilson will be traded, but acting like there's not something going on is increasingly a stretch.

Wilson is not happy with the current situation. I would start with that conclusion and then move on to whether or not the Seahawks can make him happy again.

So he says he is not demanding a trade, he gives the Hawks the option and if they want to he name steams he woudl eb okay with, but again not demanding or as he said earlier asking for a trade. But somehow so here still try to find away to ignore the facts and come up with fiction

Forthewin

Reaction score
RW: I want to be a Cowboy
Hawks: You say these 4 teams so we can get a great trade or there will be no trade.
RW: Raiders, Cowboys, Saints and Bears please!

John63

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1blvzxvz said:
RW: I want to be a Cowboy
Hawks: You say these 4 teams so we can get a great trade or there will be no trade.
RW: Raiders, Cowboys, Saints and Bears please!

Hawks and don't forget we have been looking at QBs for 6+ years now, so of course we really don't want you, but help us get a good deal anyway.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I thought Russ wants a strong OL? Saints will have to let one of their OT’s go and their LG is not that great. Chicago’s OL is far worse than Seattle’s, Oakland has RT issues & their LG is retiring, Dallas OL is old & worn out. None of these teams will have draft picks if they trade for RW. Dallas has to tag Prescott in order to trade him!

This list better generate big trade offers or it’s telling the NFL that offensive coaches won’t pay big for Russ.

Hopefully this list ups RW’s value but if RW goes to any of those teams he’s going to be miserable! He needs to go to a team with a green NFL coach, plenty of Cap Space, and lots of draft picks.

The only good team that makes sense is SF other than that it has to be an up & comer or his career is done!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Clearly RW & Mark Rogers are clueless as to whom is going to be winning in the NFL next 5 years. The best thing for the Raiders is to draft a QB and add veterans to that horrible Defense.

Raiders number #1 target should be Bobby Wagner! Offer Seattle pick #17 for Bobby & a 2022 4rth see if Seattle will bite but pay whatever Seattle’s counter offer is.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
“Hey, Seahawks, I’ll drop my no-trade but only to some teams that have don’t have crap to trade you.”

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
We lose Wilson we are screwed for years. Peteball only works if you have a quarterback who can make 4th quarter comebacks when its offensive “play not to lose” approach isn’t enough to win the game...which is the vast majority of the time now that we don’t have the LOB.

Quarterbacks who can manage a game for 3 quarters are a dime a dozen. Quarterbacks who can put the offense on their back and eek out a win is what we are paying Wilson so much money for. I don’t think we even win 5 games without him.