Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golden Tate

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Golden Tate
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am

• Thank you Maelstrom787 on the assist.
    Last edited by dutchcoug on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

Re: Golden Tate
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:10 am

• Gotcha. Just gotta erase the "?s=20" from the end next time and it'll work. :)
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:45 am
  • Super Bowl if they bring back Sherman, KJ and Tate, then draft a Center who makes a Damien Lewis type impact in his rookie year.

Losing Reed sucks though.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:15 am
  • massari wrote:Super Bowl if they bring back Sherman, KJ and Tate, then draft a Center who makes a Damien Lewis type impact in his rookie year.

Losing Reed sucks though.

Quinn Meinerz is my hope.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:27 am
  • If we had Golden Tate in that 2nd SB, we win it.

Then again, just keeping Unger and Tate - probably would have made us a dynasty.

Tate was a badass at getting extra yards after the catch.

One of the biggest missed opportunities for us, I don't care who he screwed or didn't screw. It screwed this whole team the moment they got rid of him. He also was a pretty eager blocker for someone that isn't exactly huge. Remember those blindside blocks against the Cowboys that half the Cowboy fanbase was up in arms about?

Not sure an aging Tate has the same magic when we really need AB. But it couldn't hurt.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 am
  • Tate still has some left in his tank, asmfor the screwing part, he denied it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:04 am
  • IMO Tate would be the perfect fit for WR3. He's a great inside route runner, still has some wiggle and will move the chains, and is versatile enough to drop outside if you need him.

EXACTLY what you need out of a WR3...........if we can get him for a good price.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:05 am
  • No thanks. Other options out there
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:23 am
  • It think Tate is an upgrade over Moore, not by a lot though.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:23 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:No thanks. Other options out there

Yeah. Although he'd be a good fit, I'm thinking there are truths to those rumors.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:No thanks. Other options out there

There are? Who?

Patterson? Goodwin? Amendola? Brown? I really don't see too many veteran WR's available that are as good of a fit as Tate......at least personnel wise, not sure bout locker room.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:31 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:No thanks. Other options out there

There are? Who?

Patterson? Goodwin? Amendola? Brown? I really don't see too many veteran WR's available that are as good of a fit as Tate......at least personnel wise, not sure bout locker room.
    Don't see problem in locker room, whatever happened or didn't happen among four consenting adults shouldn't concern other players.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:33 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:I think Tate is an upgrade over Moore, not by a lot though.

Throughout his career, Tate has demonstrated that he can go over the middle and survive.

David Moore, not so much.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I think Tate is an upgrade over Moore, not by a lot though.

Throughout his career, Tate has demonstrated that he can go over the middle and survive.

David Moore, not so much.

Yabbut, at WR3 how much of an 'upgrade' do we need? :229031_shrug:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

Don't see problem in locker room, whatever happened or didn't happen among four consenting adults shouldn't concern other players.

When it concerns Russ, there's a problem. I dont see how Tate can possibly be a Seahawk again as long as Wilson is here. Maybe they patched things up, but I dont know how.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:40 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

When it concerns Russ, there's a problem. I dont see how Tate can possibly be a Seahawk again as long as Wilson is here. Maybe they patched things up, but I dont know how.

Isn't this a different wife?
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:05 pm
  • Never going to happen! 1st wife or 5th wife...it doesn't matter.
    Hawks2022
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:23 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

Both Tate and Russell's ex has denied these rumors vehemently, so as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with discussing Tate coming back to play.

Maybe Russell feels differently, so who knows. But in the context of this conversation, I'm not going to get into unsubstantiated innuendo.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:21 pm
  • Didnt Tate state that Matt Stafford was a much better QB than Wilson?
    for me? I took that as a jab at Wilson. And if he were to return to the Seahawks? He would be playing twice or more
    against that said "Better QB" this year.
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:52 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    toffee wrote:Don't see problem in locker room, whatever happened or didn't happen among four consenting adults shouldn't concern other players.

Both Tate and Russell's ex has denied these rumors vehemently, so as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with discussing Tate coming back to play.

Maybe Russell feels differently, so who knows. But in the context of this conversation, I'm not going to get into unsubstantiated innuendo.
    There was nothing, these four were best of friends. With Tate still married to the same lady, there couldn't be anything!

I like Tate as our 3WR.ImageImageImageImageImage

toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:01 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

There was nothing, these four were best of friends. With Tate still married to the same lady, there couldn't be anything!

I like Tate as our 3WR.ImageImageImageImageImage

I was never convinced it had anything to do with Wilson but instead Harvin there was a fight between those 2 and Lynch was buddies with Harvin. Lynch refused to get on the buss because of Harvin.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/seahawks-percy-harvin-golden-tate-punch-story

https://fansided.com/2014/10/18/marshawn-lynch-almost-didnt-get-team-bus-percy-harvin-trade/
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:05 pm
  • Because I have too much time on my hands, here is a video, and Tate seems to be upset at Wilson for not dispelling the rumors. Seems like that's why Tate said Stafford is the best QB he's played with. Tate's GF also says she's still best friends with Wilson's ex GF.

I just cracked the case :o

massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:14 pm
  • massari wrote:Because I have too much time on my hands, here is a video, and Tate seems to be upset at Wilson for not dispelling the rumors. Seems like that's why Tate said Stafford is the best QB he's played with. Tate's GF also says she's still best friends with Wilson's ex GF.

Great points! Tate's wife still great friends with Wilson's ex speaks volume. If Tate was having an affair Wilson's ex. Hard to see how these two ladies remain friends.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:07 pm
  • Hell without Tate Wilson is not with Ciara.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

Um,,,why would that matter?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:04 pm
  • massari wrote:Because I have too much time on my hands, here is a video, and Tate seems to be upset at Wilson for not dispelling the rumors. Seems like that's why Tate said Stafford is the best QB he's played with. Tate's GF also says she's still best friends with Wilson's ex GF.

Great point. Maybe there was nothing to the story after all. Who knows.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 pm

Not really given when asked about the friendship with Wilson dissolving he said no they still talk. The question is who would have the most to gain by saying it leading to Tate leaving? I think Harvin, think about it they got into a fight, Harvin was never going to see the field much with Tate around. etc etc
    John63
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:39 am
  • John63 wrote:
    massari wrote:Because I have too much time on my hands, here is a video, and Tate seems to be upset at Wilson for not dispelling the rumors. Seems like that's why Tate said Stafford is the best QB he's played with. Tate's GF also says she's still best friends with Wilson's ex GF.

Not really given when asked about the friendship with Wilson dissolving he said no they still talk. The question is who would have the most to gain by saying it leading to Tate leaving? I think Harvin, think about it they got into a fight, Harvin was never going to see the field much with Tate around. etc etc

so why would they choose harvin over tate?
    and wilson never defended tate either, i believe something happened between wilson and tate, and if the seahawks bring him back KNOWING the history, shows a lack of respect for wilson.
    Tinamedina
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:50 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

I'm not sure RW was a CONSCENTING adult, if the rumor is true.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:08 am
  • I’ll take the development of Swain at the #3 WR spot. Pass on Tate.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:37 am
  • They did choose Harvin over Tate.

It was monumentally stupid.

Harvin was a garbage human being. Plenty of talent, but the weakest-willed, most mentally pathetic human being to ever likely set foot on a football field, certainly the most pathetic Seahawk. He was the very definition of the p-word.

And for some reason, after he had problems everywhere else we traded for him. Shockingly, we had the same problems with him.

I knew damned well what that meant. It meant we were not going to keep Tate. And I was pissed.

Anyone that remembers probably remembers I never had a positive word to say about Harvin from Day 1. Hated him being traded for. Hated his pathetic weak willed version of 'football' where he avoided not only contact, but apparently any form of physical exertion.

He was like a disease.

And he infected this team. Tate and Harvin got into it. It could have cost us a freaking SB win had Tate got injured, but thankfully it didn't.

It was such a monumentally stupid move to bring Harvin here. Pete built this team into a juggernaut but then he made moves like that which cut this team off at the knees.

Tate was a hell of a returner in his own right. And had we kept him, we wouldn't have had half the problems with kick returners that we had later. Problems that cost us games and playoff slots. He was probably as good as Harvin when you figure all the games Harvin couldn't play because he was 'hurt'.

Always hated Harvin. What a piece ish. And because of him we lost Tate, which likely was the difference in a win vs loss in that 2nd SB. (Either that or not having Burley(??) in that SB...another headscratcher).
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:35 pm
  • Maybe there was some confusion, since every NFL QB wife looks like the same "blonde", unless they are named Gisele or Ciara.

(A Rodgers isn't married yet.)
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:18 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

There are? Who?

I'm not sure RW was a CONSCENTING adult, if the rumor is true.
    condescending?

toffee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information