Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Rodgers for Russel Wilson Straight Up

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Just waiting for someone to make the thread saying get it done
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Nope. Green Bay isn’t on Russ’ “list” and Seattle isn’t on Erin’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• How the hell can you expect anyone to take you serious after this? :roll:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• purely hypothetical, but yes, you make that trade.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:purely hypothetical, but yes, you make that trade.

would be a stupid trade 1. he is 5+ years older. @ he has caused more problems than almost any Qb around except Watson right now. 3. his cap hit next year is 44mil. 4 he has missed more games due injury and 5. their stats are really close to the same

Rodgers career year avg, current age 37 and has missed 9 games I removed his first 3 years as he really did not play

64.1 complt
    3918 yp year
    31 tds per year
    6.2 td %
    103.5 Qb rating
    251 Rushing yard per year avg
    2 rushing tds on avg per year

total Tds oer year 33
    Total yards per year 4169 yards

Wilson career year avg current age 32 and has missed 0 games
    65.1 complt %
    3771 yards per year
    30 tds per year
    6.2 td%
    101.7 qb rating
    500 rushig yards on avg per year
    2 rushing tds per year

total yards 4271
    total tds 32

so NO
    John63
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:How the hell can you expect anyone to take you serious after this? :roll:

I'm not for the trade. It's just with all the insane stuff I've seen on here, I'm not going to be surprised when this comes up
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:purely hypothetical, but yes, you make that trade.

would be a stupid trade 1. he is 5+ years older. @ he has caused more problems than almost any Qb around except Watson right now. 3. his cap hit next year is 44mil. 4 he has missed more games due injury and 5. their stats are really close to the same

Rodgers career year avg, current age 37 and has missed 9 games I removed his first 3 years as he really did not play

64.1 complt
    3918 yp year
    31 tds per year
    6.2 td %
    103.5 Qb rating
    251 Rushing yard per year avg
    2 rushing tds on avg per year

total Tds oer year 33
    Total yards per year 4169 yards

Wilson career year avg current age 32 and has missed 0 games
    65.1 complt %
    3771 yards per year
    30 tds per year
    6.2 td%
    101.7 qb rating
    500 rushig yards on avg per year
    2 rushing tds per year

total yards 4271
    total tds 32

so NO

Maybe Erin can teach Russ the art of the QB sneak and getting the D to jump offsides.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

• Easy yes but we could probably get a pick due to the age difference.

Dude is just a straight up better, more natural talent who can do everything on the field in a way Russ can't.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Not to mention Russ is gone next year anyway..so might as well do the deal.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• pinksheets wrote:Easy yes but we could probably get a pick due to the age difference.

Dude is just a straight up better, more natural talent who can do everything on the field in a way Russ can't.

:lol:
    John63
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:Easy yes but we could probably get a pick due to the age difference.

One looks like he is 37 going on 30 and the other looks 32 going on 43
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Easy yes but we could probably get a pick due to the age difference.

I'm right. It's not an insult to Russ to say he's not as good as Aaron Rodgers.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• I don’t think there is any debate that Rodgers is better than Wilson. Rodgers has carried some average teams to the NFC championship game several times. Russ has yet to prove he can do that without help.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Blow harts really think this trade would be bad. Surprise surprise.

Rodgers is a few yrs older then Wilson. Big deal.

Wilson plays another season here and if Hawks have off year then the drama hasn't gone away and become a distraction. Wasted season for nothing. Wilson gone next season and then what do the Hawks have for QB?

Some of you act like Rodgers isn't upgrade over Wilson. Not to mention Rodgers doesn't have a drama side show circus going on as Wilson does.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

• Let me guess. If Pats had offered Tom Brady (HOF multiiple time SB winner) when he wanted out of New England for Wilson then you would also be saying the same thing how it's a stupid trade and still butt hurt over losing to SB vs Pats when that loss was all on Pete Carroll.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

• Smellyman wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Easy yes but we could probably get a pick due to the age difference.

1 has missed double digit games in his last 9 the other has missed none
    John63
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:I don’t think there is any debate that Rodgers is better than Wilson. Rodgers has carried some average teams to the NFC championship game several times. Russ has yet to prove he can do that without help.

Hmm and whe did Rodgers do that. He has been to nfc champion ship game 6 times. Every time.he had either a top 10 defense and or top 10 run game. Not so avg huh. And in half he had both. Interesting thing the only time.he won an SB he has top 5 defense and run game.

Hmm all we need to make your statement id.for Rodgers to do it with an avg team has not happened yet.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    knownone wrote:I don’t think there is any debate that Rodgers is better than Wilson. Rodgers has carried some average teams to the NFC championship game several times. Russ has yet to prove he can do that without help.

Hmm and whe did Rodgers do that. He has been to nfc champion ship game 6 times. Every time.he had either a top 10 defense and or top 10 run game. Not so avg huh. And in half he had both. Interesting thing the only time.he won an SB he has top 5 defense and run game.

Hmm all we need to make your statement id.for Rodgers to do it with an avg team has not happened yet.

What metrics are you looking at?

2019: 18th defense : 15th rushing
    2016: 22nd defense : 20th rushing
    2014: 15th defense : 11th rushing

In the past 10 years, Rodgers had one top 10 defense and two top 10 rushing attacks, according to PFR. During that same stretch, Wilson has had 5 top 5 defenses and 7 top 10 rushing attacks. If you look at their stats from 2016-present: Rodgers is averaging 35td-5int-4200yds/season to Wilson's 32td-9int-4000yds/season. On top of that, last season was the best season of Wilson's career, and Rodgers still threw for more yards, on fewer attempts, while throwing 8 more tds and 8 fewer interceptions.

Wilson is definitely in the same league as Rodgers, but you're drinking a little too much Kool-Aid if you think they are equals at this point in their careers.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    knownone wrote:I don’t think there is any debate that Rodgers is better than Wilson. Rodgers has carried some average teams to the NFC championship game several times. Russ has yet to prove he can do that without help.

When is the last time Wilson made the NFC Championship game? Hawks haven't gotten past the Divisional round since the SB Int embarrassment which this team hasn't recovered from. How many consecutive divisional playoff losses in a row coupled with missing the playoffs and going out in the wild card this past season.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

• John63 wrote:What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.

Unlike Wilson who should be have gotten Pete fired for all his short comings and failures. If you gonna say Rodgers is a drama queen don't sit there and tell me Wilson isn't one himself with the current Hawks drama along with the attention Wilson & Ciara are constantly seeking.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

• For Russel Wilson? Absolutely.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• So you have two stars who are both unhappy with their team's management -- and you're going to trade them for each other?????
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Welshers wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:How the hell can you expect anyone to take you serious after this? :roll:

I'm not for the trade. It's just with all the insane stuff I've seen on here, I'm not going to be surprised when this comes up

Well congrats, it came up and you started it.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Yeah that's an easy yes, even as a fan of Wilson. Even at his age Rodgers could still get you a SB or two with this roster.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• lol in what world doesn't Rodgers come with a circus of his own? Sure there are reasons where that trade can be made but to say Rodgers doesn't come with drama is ridiculous
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• I would honestly say no. Rodgers is going to be 38 this year and he's always played with dominant offensive lines. There is no guarantee he would be as good with our offensive line. He's not nearly as nimble as he was 10 years ago.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

• Double check...nope. Keep Russ.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• hawksfansince90 wrote:
    John63 wrote:What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.

Unlike Wilson who should be have gotten Pete fired for all his short comings and failures. If you gonna say Rodgers is a drama queen don't sit there and tell me Wilson isn't one himself with the current Hawks drama along with the attention Wilson & Ciara are constantly seeking.

The only difference is McCarthy didn't have as much power as Pete does to stop his QB from leveraging him out. That's the only reason Russell hasn't been able to dictate and control more of what he sees wrong with the Hawk's staff and organization.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think Russell wants the kind of control over his coaches and career that Rodgers and Brady now has.

This is the new dawn of entitled sports stars. Lebron, Rodgers, Brady, Harden, Davis......now Russell.

So strap yourselves in, we're in for a bumpy ride the next 2-3 years with Russell.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansince90 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

When is the last time Wilson made the NFC Championship game? Hawks haven't gotten past the Divisional round since the SB Int embarrassment which this team hasn't recovered from. How many consecutive divisional playoff losses in a row coupled with missing the playoffs and going out in the wild card this past season.

Not the point but I understand the need to change the subject the statement was Rodgers got to NFC Champ with mediocre teams, that is false.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansince90 wrote:
    John63 wrote:What is interesting here is Rodgers has had huge family issues, got coaches fired and is now trying to force his way out and some yoy are good with it anyway. But when the media made a much bigger deal what Wilson said u wanted to castrate him.

again the point was said that Rodgers does not have the baggage that some think Wilson does., This again is false.

But again I understand your need to deflect.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:Yeah that's an easy yes, even as a fan of Wilson. Even at his age Rodgers could still get you a SB or two with this roster.

really he has had several rosters as good or better and still no SB plus he would be in PCs system
    John63
    NET Veteran

• A_Biased_Fan wrote:I would honestly say no. Rodgers is going to be 38 this year and he's always played with dominant offensive lines. There is no guarantee he would be as good with our offensive line. He's not nearly as nimble as he was 10 years ago.

exactly but keep in mind there is some here who would take the #3 Qb form a high school team over Wilson, This has little to do with football and more to do with dislike
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Pete Carroll and Aaron Rodgers? Oh boy! Good luck to the OC stuck between those two.
    flv
    NET Rookie

• Oi Vey!!!

Such a thread, such complete rubbish. It’d be a trade which would financially screw the cap for both teams.

The league collectively would be rolling on the floor laughing their asses off at the collective stupidity of both teams.

My answer is absolutely not.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Pete Carroll might just be the perfect coach for Rodgers right now, if Pete could put together a functional running in Carson , penny plus a Robinson like full back, running could take a lot of pressure off an aging Rodgers. And Pete seems to get along with head cases.

But Russ is younger so no to straight swap. It would have to be with picks.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Rodgers about to retire and go play Jeopardy so this dont really matter ;)
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• I wouldn't do it. Russ is tbe slightly better QB.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Thjis thread just shows the hypocrisy and hat eont thisboard for Wilson

argument 1 Rodgers wen tot NFC Champ with avg teams. Guess what False
    Argument 2 Rodgers has less baggage again FALSE
    Argument 3 Ciara and Wilson got to much going on. yeah getting people to get the vaccine, giving money for kids for food, to keep schools open etc its called giving back to the community. Guess what there is nothing showing Rodgers doing any of that. Add in Rodgers does more commercials than Wilson oh and he is now with Shaleen whatever do you think she wants to live in GB? NOT
    Argument for against Wilson cap hit. Guess what kids Wilson cap hit is 5 mill less than Rodgers in 2021

Lost of out-and-out false statements and hypocritical statements
    John63
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:Thjis thread just shows the hypocrisy and hat eont thisboard for Wilson

Argument 3 Ciara and Wilson got to much going on. yeah getting people to get the vaccine, giving money for kids for food, to keep schools open etc its called giving back to the community. Guess what there is nothing showing Rodgers doing any of that. Add in Rodgers does more commercials than Wilson oh and he is now with Shaleen whatever do you think she wants to live in GB? NOT
    Argument for against Wilson cap hit. Guess what kids Wilson cap hit is 5 mill less than Rodgers in 2021

I don't believe any of this, I just think Rodgers is a more complete QB than Russell.

So all things being equal if they were the same age and contracts were the same? I'd take Rodgers over Russell. But they're not, so I wouldn't make this trade.

4-5 years is WAY too much age to give up on that many years more with an elite QB.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Smellyman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The lolz....continue
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    John63 wrote:Thjis thread just shows the hypocrisy and hat eont thisboard for Wilson

I don't believe any of this, I just think Rodgers is a more complete QB than Russell.

So all things being equal if they were the same age and contracts were the same? I'd take Rodgers over Russell. But they're not, so I wouldn't make this trade.

4-5 years is WAY too much age to give up on that many years more with an elite QB.

Depends how much more is RW going to age in 2-3 years?Slow Russ =?
    We know Erin has slowed but he has as you say more of a complete skill set
    that I think will get him past 40 like Brady.There is a injury history but I think
    he knows better to get rid of the ball instead of running away like he used to.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• This entire fan base are flicked blow harts. You think Pete Carroll is the greatest thing ever was. Enjoy another season of mediocrity and continued success with that endeavor. This fan base and Seattle media little b!@ch like Aaron Levine you all deserve what you get.

Things are working out so well with name choice for Seattle NHL team. Crackheads has a nice ring to it. LMFAO
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

• No thanks, he'd be extremely inefficient behind our O line..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:No thanks, he'd be extremely injured behind our O line..

Fixed it for you.
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

• pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers is more talented than Wilson. He is not a better QB. I’m happy to have this debate
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansince90 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

LOL

Rodgers has not made the super bowl since 2010. He finished the season with a losing record 2 years ago.

He got his coach fired, has a top 5 O-line, very good defense, a running game, a top 3 WR, an elite scheme, and STILL can’t get it done.

The Packers have given Rodgers way more...arguably than the Seahawks ever have. Yet here you are, saying nasty things about Wilson yet equating their behavior (Rodgers has behaved far worse). Please check your bias because at this point you’re intentionally choosing to be unfair to our QB
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    hawksfansince90 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

LOL

Rodgers has not made the super bowl since 2010. He finished the season with a losing record 2 years ago.

He got his coach fired, has a top 5 O-line, very good defense, a running game, a top 3 WR, an elite scheme, and STILL can’t get it done.

The Packers have given Rodgers way more...arguably than the Seahawks ever have. Yet here you are, saying nasty things about Wilson yet equating their behavior (Rodgers has behaved far worse). Please check your bias because at this point you’re intentionally choosing to be unfair to our QB

It's unbelievable the rose colored glasses people are having with Rodgers. Since 2015 I'm confident in saying Russell has outperformed Rodgers 4 seasons (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) and Rodgers has had outperformed Russell in 2 seasons (2016 and 2020). People should not be acting like Rodgers is out and out better. I think it's debatable who is a going to be a more effective QB in the next few years. Rodgers still has a great arm. But he's lost a lot in his legs and generally requires elite OL play to keep him upright. Russell can't make all the throws Rodgers can, but his escapability is better and he can make things out of nothing like no one.

Oh, and their guy just allegedly threatened retirement. So a team player he isn't.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers is more talented than Wilson. He is not a better QB. I’m happy to have this debate

Aaron Rodgers has 3 MVP's how many does Wilson have? For that matter how many MVP votes does Wilson have?
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information