Doubt Us. I Love It.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching Total Access tonight and there was a segment where they said "Will the Saints win by more than 3.5 points against the Seahawks?"

Holy hell it wasn't "Will the Saints beat the Seahawks?" No, it was will the Saints win by more than the spread. Like it is a foregone conclusion. At home. On national television.

I get we are not rolling on all 8 cylinders but wow what a presumptous take. I hope to God the coaches and players use this as motivation to come out and play lights out football for 60 minutes.

As Tom Brady would shout..."LET'S (BLEEPING) GO!!!!!!"

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It's a winnable game, due to the wildcard that is famous Jameis. That being said they have plenty of reasons to doubt the Seahawks going into this game.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":rpwdndfk said:
I was watching Total Access tonight and there was a segment where they said "Will the Saints win by more than 3.5 points against the Seahawks?"

Holy hell it wasn't "Will the Saints beat the Seahawks?" No, it was will the Saints win by more than the spread. Like it is a foregone conclusion. At home. On national television.

I get we are not rolling on all 8 cylinders but wow what a presumptous take. I hope to God the coaches and players use this as motivation to come out and play lights out football for 60 minutes.

As Tom Brady would shout..."LET'S (BLEEPING) GO!!!!!!"

Remember 2011 LOL

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it too. Bring it on. Only difference now is that Russ isn't playing. That is huge. He's only one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL.
But, I love when people pick against the Hawks and/or act like they have no shot.

Shoot, why even play the games? Media types have decided the game is already decided :?

FPD

Reaction score
It's always good to see a bit of confidence in our team! We'll have to play our best, but I think we're capable.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
How is this a "presumptuous take"? What thing can you point to and say "we do this really well and it gives us a shot'?
Is it the run game?
Is it our pass rush that is going to give Winston issues?
Are we going to be able to tackle Alvin K?
Can we get DK the ball in trailing patterns?
Will N.O. give up the deep option routes to lockett?
It really is a pretty mild assumption. I wish it was not.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Does that mean when OUR Seahawks (just about everyone on this board but Morgan roots for this team to win every game despite our differing opinions on what this team is doing right/wrong and chances moving forward) gets mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Do all the realistic Seahawk fans including myself get to passively aggressively make statements like "Hey guys, remember when we got this at 2-4? and people actually thought others were silly for doubting these Hawks?".

This MNF match up is not good for the Hawks especially for the Strengths of the Saints at run defense and famous Jameis on the Saints is turning into the QB Tampa Bay wishes he would've been. He has the potential to throw turnovers, but it will be because of pressure. That being said, if Alvin Kamara gets going, it makes Jameis that much more successful. I'm not sure if we've seen anything out of this Hawks defense that says it's going to bottle up Alvin Kamara and create pressure on Jameis. All we've seen is a slightly improved cornerback play.

I'll flip the script. If the Hawks were a top 5 team in the NFL on offense and defense and pretty much the saints right now going into NOLA and NOLA was playing a back up QB, RB and had a bottom league defense, coming off a primetime loss to a bottom tier team. And they had fans screaming how dare they doubt us with 3.5 or more, HA we'll show them on Monday! You'd be finding their optimism a little unfounded as well.

I will still be taking time off early from work and dealing with the PITA that it is to get in/out of a weekday primetime game so I can root for our Hawks in the stands like I do just about every game. Oh what's this...I'm a season ticket holder? despite all my criticisms? But i'm a terrible fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Smart to get off work early. I'm off around 2:30, hopefully gets us down there before the crap show. What section do you sit in? We are in 319. I've never missed a home game, regardless of record. But Monday is the Hass ring of honor thing, should be a blast. Win or lose, it's always a great time at the stadium. I won't be surprised if they lose. But I also won't be shocked if they win. Just sayin

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2juvjocd said:
Smart to get off work early. I'm off around 2:30, hopefully gets us down there before the crap show. What section do you sit in? We are in 319. I've never missed a home game, regardless of record. But Monday is the Hass ring of honor thing, should be a blast. Win or lose, it's always a great time at the stadium. I won't be surprised if they lose. But I also won't be shocked if they win. Just sayin

I'll probably take off around the same and try to get there by no later than 4 pm as traffic/parking gets exponentially worse closer to kick-off. I am 333. I enjoy being at the games win/lose. Although admittedly I enjoy myself more when I'm not having to spend 80% of a game standing and screaming cus I generally go with a friend and when we're on offense it's a good time to drink beer and talk non-sense.

I too have seen this team be able to pull games out of their butts. I've also seen them lose games they shouldn't either. That being said, this game though is definitely not one that should favor the Hawks. The RW (and apparently Carson) injury also came at a bad time when this team already put itself in a hole. Outside of the other teams in the NFC getting injuries themselves (which I do not wish on any team). I just don't see a situation where this team can get back into playoff contention this season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What's really different is how the home field advantage isn't even close to what it was before.
This year, it's clear a lot of people sold their tickets, but obvious reason I won't bring up because it starts the whole political/vax arguments. But between that and nobody from Canada being able to come down? It feels different. At the Rams game, there was a ton of people cheering when they were on offense. Maddening.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2p99jtsv said:
What's really different is how the home field advantage isn't even close to what it was before.
This year, it's clear a lot of people sold their tickets, but obvious reason I won't bring up because it starts the whole political/vax arguments. But between that and nobody from Canada being able to come down? It feels different. At the Rams game, there was a ton of people cheering when they were on offense. Maddening.

It's been headed that direction for a few years. It is new fans that generally take a few games to get educated on how to cheer (or not cheer) in the stadium. I personally am a pro-vax person, but I can see how if we're doing stereotypes of political party/vax type groupings, how one group would usually be more of the type of person who knows what to do in the stadium. Although you gotta admit the COVID Vax check at the stadium is an utter joke. I literally could google an image on my phone and just flash that and walk through (and im sure many are).

I sadly had to miss the Rams game because I was taking my family on a Disney trip, but I definitely know what you mean when I was at the Titans game. I think it also has to do with the defense itself just not being effective. In the LOB years when we're standing and screaming, false starts, sacks and INTs are not uncommon. The crowd kind of feels like WE are making a difference, let's keep doing it.

Meanwhile when you watch the opposing offenses just drive up the field and score at-will over and over again and/or the opposing team suddenly takes a 2-3 score lead. Suddenly no more false starts, sacks or turn overs potentially factored by sound of crowd. The sense of WE (as fans) can do something to help starts to escape the majority of fans at the game. So I think there is also something to that too of just the performance of the team and it's effect on the fan support in the stadium throughout the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Saints are a very Jekyll and Hyde team this year, mainly because Winston is a very Jekyll and Hyde QB.

Is he going to throw 4 TD's and 350 yards? Or is he going to throw 4 interceptions and be a complete dumpster fire? No one knows.

But 3.5 road favorite spread against a MASH unit of a team like the Hawks? Sounds about right. No reason to feel insulted.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":187pcf5z said:
The Saints are a very Jekyll and Hyde team this year, mainly because Winston is a very Jekyll and Hyde QB.

Is he going to throw 4 TD's and 350 yards? Or is he going to throw 4 interceptions and be a complete dumpster fire? No one knows.

But 3.5 road favorite spread against a MASH unit of a team like the Hawks? Sounds about right. No reason to feel insulted.

Out of curiosity I decided to just look at Jameis' stats this season alone (because I feel like maybe we're too concerned about history with Tampa Bay vs his current situation on the Saints).

Game 1 (Packers) - 148 yards, 5 TDs, No INTs. Not a lot of yards, no INTs, but he made those passes when they counted.

Game 2 (Panthers) - 111 Yards - 2 INts, No TDs - Yeah that's a bad game period.

Game 3(Patriots) - 128 Yards - 2 TDs, No INTs - Not a lot of yards, 2 TDs, NO INTs. Good enough game to me.

Game 4(Giants) - 226 Yards, 1 TD, NO INTs - more yards than his previous games, only one TD, No INTs.

Game 5 (WFT) - 279 Yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT - more yards again, great TDs, 1 INT...Forgiveable for this type of stats.

Anyway if we're looking at the trajectory, it looks like Jameis is starting to build up more yards, potentially TDs as well. The INTs this year do not appear to be the problem for him as it once was, 3 INTs in 5 games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":qqx8mnov said:
Anyway if we're looking at the trajectory, it looks like Jameis is starting to build up more yards, potentially TDs as well. The INTs this year do not appear to be the problem for him as it once was, 3 INTs in 5 games.

It's the NFL, so you also have to look at competition, and the Saints have had arguably the easiest schedule thus far. Other than an impressive win against the Packers in game #1, they've played the Giants, Skins, Patriots and got blown out by the Panthers.

But if we're talking about Winston, there's no one on the forum that should feel confident our defense can make him have a 3-4 interception day. Our defense doesn't even have three interceptions all year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This'll sound fugged up, but I'm honestly able to enjoy the games a little more lately. Having lowered expectations reminds me of when I was a young fan of some putrid teams in the early 90's.

That said, I'm skeptical on the existence of a home field advantage. The home field advantage seems dead. I think it's mostly economics (increased ticket prices seem to have resulted in less noise). But a bit due to teams adapting.

They're 14-12 since 2017 at home (not including the fanless 2020). If you include 2020, they're 21-13. Not bad. But compare that to the 23-13 record on the road (including 2020, 18-10 not including 2020).

LTH

Reaction score
The Hawks better win it or else that window is closing quickly.. its definitely a must win situation... not even sure when the last time Carroll lost 3 in a row?

Backs up against the wall

Prime time game at home

You would think the Hawks would be up for this one...

Here is the current injury report

Damien Lewis OG Shoulder Questionable
Darrell Taylor DE Upper body Questionable
Sidney Jones CB Chest Questionable
Cedric Ogbuehi OT Biceps Questionable

Does Tre Brown get the start? how does that affect the secondary?
Is Taylor going to make it back for this game?
How will the run game be with out Lewis?
Interesting to see how the Seahawks scheme the saints O
Lots of really interesting questions...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fq7ll85g said:
ZagHawk":fq7ll85g said:

It's the NFL, so you also have to look at competition, and the Saints have had arguably the easiest schedule thus far. Other than an impressive win against the Packers in game #1, they've played the Giants, Skins, Patriots and got blown out by the Panthers.

But if we're talking about Winston, there's no one on the forum that should feel confident our defense can make him have a 3-4 interception day. Our defense doesn't even have three interceptions all year.

well maybe drop 3-4 int's :D

So where is the bench mark in your opinion? I see improvement in the D vs the Steelers yeah the Rams are better than the Steelers so its hard to tell... but if The saints come out hitting those middle dig routes in the middle i'm going to puke... I don't think its going to happen

LTH

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Saints will win 33-14. I think a QB with a deep ball threat will destroy this D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk