Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • What team in their right mind would trade more than a 1st rounder for Wilson? He’s arguably been average at best the last year and a half and looks like a shell of his former self. I think just to get as much value as possible he needs to be moved in the offseason.

Loved him but he’s just not the Russ we came to love anymore (physically and mentally).
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:What team in their right mind would trade more than a 1st rounder for Wilson? He’s arguably been average at best the last year and a half and looks like a shell of his former self. I think just to get as much value as possible he needs to be moved in the offseason.

Loved him but he’s just not the Russ we came to love anymore (physically and mentally).

Dallas, Chicago, Philly.

Dallas traded the farm for Galloway back in the day. Jerry can't resist headlines.

Chicago traded a a first for Mirer. Was will to make a trade this season for him.

Philly will sell the farm for a QB.

Problem is Wilson has to want to go someplace, so none of this will happen.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:What team in their right mind would trade more than a 1st rounder for Wilson? He’s arguably been average at best the last year and a half and looks like a shell of his former self. I think just to get as much value as possible he needs to be moved in the offseason.

Dallas, Chicago, Philly.

Dallas traded the farm for Galloway back in the day. Jerry can't resist headlines.

Chicago traded a a first for Mirer. Was will to make a trade this season for him.

Philly will sell the farm for a QB.

Problem is Wilson has to want to go someplace, so none of this will happen.

Dak has surpassed Russell. No way anyone makes a Dak for Russell trade currently.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• No way Chicago passes on Fields for Wilson either. We f'ed up royally this off-season
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

• Miami seems like an easy choice even though he didn't name the team. Maybe we even get a high 1st for it.
    FloridaSeahawk18
    NET Rookie

• Howie Roseman, start tampering with Russ. Get in his ear. Tell him you'll let him pick the HC. Get Philly on his list.

The Eagles have 3 firsts this year if Wentz plays 75% of the total snaps for the Colts this season. Let's make some magic, baby.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.

I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• He has value now and the only way to go forward with the rebuild is to get value from him.

Trade while the iron is hot, before it is too late
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• It's over. He's been consistently above average the last few years and he has his fanboy apologlists while he gets paid like a king. I'll take hurts and picks for him tomorrow. Dude is not what he was 8 years ago.
    Last edited by soxhawk on Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.

I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.

If that happens, get set for a bunch of 3-14 seasons. Russ and Lockett and Bobby (and Dickson I guess) are the only good things we have right now. Trade Russ and it'll be a lot of years before we see a winning season again.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like we have to make a change at coach instead since the value isnt there trading out qb :stirthepot:
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

If that happens, get set for a bunch of 3-14 seasons. Russ and Lockett and Bobby (and Dickson I guess) are the only good things we have right now. Trade Russ and it'll be a lot of years before we see a winning season again.

There's certainly a chance that this would happen, but the fact that this is a league of unmatched parity makes me err on the side of swinging for the fences. The team is on the downswing anyway. I'd rather have ammunition to rebuild it.

Also, John Schneider is bang on when it comes to quarterbacks. He called it on Mahomes, he called it on Allen, he called it on Russ, and he liked Tannehill too according to reports.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

At least your rebuilding, as it is we are going to see a lot of 3 -14 seasons regardless if we don't make a change, we will sell draft picks for a quick fix reach further digging our hole in the ground. As it is we are in a situation with a lack of impact picks for a few years and only thing we have to sell is players.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Tusc2000 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

As opposed to the upcoming 3-14 year seasons? They are close to that now.

Rip the bandage off now and do it quick. Need players and picks now
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• soxhawk wrote:No way Chicago passes on Fields for Wilson either. We f'ed up royally this off-season

Last offseason was probably worse. But, yeah.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

3-14 if Pete stays
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• Sell. The. Team. Please
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

• soxhawk wrote:Sell. The. Team. Please

Not a bad idea...
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• We are one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

And people think that is because of Wilson.

Wilson had his first game back, and the gameplan (as predicted) was garbage.

Shockingly, we lost. (as predicted)

A healthy Wilson has a hard time overcoming Pete, you think a rusty likely still somewhat dinged up Wilson would be able to overcome Pete - IN GB? In the first game back?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

All picks coming at 27 or later. Best era this franchise has ever had started with two cornerstone players being drafted in the top half of the draft, which statistically has a hugely higher hit rate than the ass end of the first.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Because we traded down, not because we were stuck there.

We had plenty of decent 1st round slots for players that would have helped us, where we traded down to pick up trash.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Because we traded down, not because we were stuck there.

We had plenty of decent 1st round slots for players that would have helped us, where we traded down to pick up trash.

The Seahawks have not had a single pick inside of the top 20 (since 2012) outside of 2018.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Fade wrote:With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

All picks coming at 27 or later. Best era this franchise has ever had started with two cornerstone players being drafted in the top half of the draft, which statistically has a hugely higher hit rate than the ass end of the first.

So no good players are available after the 27th pick, huh? Interesting…

There are stud players to be taken every year in that range. Could've had Creed Humphrey in the 2nd this year as an example.

Trade Russ, he will go to a contender, these are the kinds of picks you're going to get in return.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Fade wrote:With this regime making the picks, that will net you - Rashaad Penny, Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, and LJ Collier.

I'd expect no less of a strawman from you these days, bud. Glad you've still got it.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom,

We were literally #18 in 2018. J. Alexander got picked at that slot.

We traded down to get Penny.

What are you talking about?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Maelstrom,

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

Dude.... Its a growth process every great QB goes through it... It's about Russ weighing supreme confidence vs good decision making... He was off today you could plainly see some balls got away from him... I believe the injury had an effect but not as much as his decision making... I just think Carroll needs to hold him accountable and if Carroll is unable to do that then thats the kind of thing that makes a guy wonder if Carroll has lost his edge...

Just sayin man

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

Yeah the facts show your wrong, and saying Amy QB only throws long and has the 2nd best passer rating and co plates well over 60% of his passes shows you don't k own football. You can't do that and only throw long. In fact 70% of his passes this year have been short
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:All picks coming at 27 or later.

More fake news from the 787. Unsurprising these days, sadly.

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.
    Last edited by massari on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Maelstrom,

That is exactly what I said. Outside of 2018, they haven't had a single native pick within the top 20 since 2012.

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:All picks coming at 27 or later.

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones/Melvin Ingram type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.

They Jets are really going to appreciate it too.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:They Jets are really going to appreciate it too.

massari
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Ahh so they can't pick great without top pick got it. If true they need a new job.

Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

Yeah the facts show your wrong, and saying Amy QB only throws long and has the 2nd best passer rating and co plates well over 60% of his passes shows you don't k own football. You can't do that and only throw long. In fact 70% of his passes this year have been short

Said the Russell Wilson cheerleader.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:It is . Wilson is overrated all he does is throw deep defenses have figured him out i'm tired of all the 3 and outs and 3rd down debacles.

Its not about his stats.... His stats are fine. It's his decision making... Every great QB goes through that at some point in their career. Brett Farve is a perfect example... He had Holmgren to give him some tough LOVE and that's what Wilson needs... Maybe not Carroll's strong point but we will see...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Said the Russell Wilson cheerleader.

No so said thr facts
    John63
    NET Veteran

• LTH wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... urce=share

Dude.... Its a growth process every great QB goes through it... It's about Russ weighing supreme confidence vs good decision making... He was off today you could plainly see some balls got away from him... I believe the injury had an effect but not as much as his decision making... I just think Carroll needs to hold him accountable and if Carroll is unable to do that then thats the kind of thing that makes a guy wonder if Carroll has lost his edge...

Just sayin man

LTH

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... urce=share
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• LTH wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Its not about his stats.... His stats are fine. It's his decision making... Every great QB goes through that at some point in their career. Brett Farve is a perfect example... He had Holmgren to give him some tough LOVE and that's what Wilson needs... Maybe not Carroll's strong point but we will see...

LTH

No that is not what I was replying to the person I replied to says all he does is throw deep. I made it clear to that the facts say otherwise. Aa to your issue of decision making, I already stated he played bad.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:They Jets are really going to appreciate it too.

Lemont, my man!
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:All picks coming at 27 or later.

Don't worry, guys, the Hawks may even have near a top 10 pick this coming draft! Right? Just hope they don't pass on a Fletcher Cox/Chandler Jones type to pick a Bruce Irvin type again.

I'm all ears if you'd like to tell me which of those prospects was drafted higher than 27.

Spoiler alert: None of them were.

That was a reply to a post mentioning Penny, Collier, Ifedi, and McDowell. 27, 29, 31, and 35 respectively.

I don't appreciate you blatantly claiming that I'd post demonstrably false information. Dislike me all you want, but don't be such a liar. I don't care if you think my opinions are $h!t, but I'm not in the business of posting false information like you're claiming I did here.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I'm not defending the draft record. Just saying that comparing premium picks (top 16) to those in the bottom end of the first is pretty apples to oranges when the standard outcomes are so different.

I don't think that's even disputable.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I'm not defending the draft record. Just saying that comparing premium picks (top 16) to those in the bottom end of the first is pretty apples to oranges when the standard outcomes are so different.

I don't think that's even disputable.

No your right it's not comparable. That said the percentage of picks they hit on is not good period. The issue is when u are perennially in the playoffs or winning 9+ games u will always have low 1st round picks. So you need to hit on what u got and then do good in FA. We have not well in either for 5+ years.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:I'm all ears if you'd like to tell me which of those prospects was drafted higher than 27.

That was a reply to a post mentioning Penny, Collier, Ifedi, and McDowell. 27, 29, 31, and 35 respectively.

I don't appreciate you blatantly claiming that I'd post demonstrably false information. Dislike me all you want, but don't be such a liar. I don't care if you think my opinions are $h!t, but I'm not in the business of posting false information like you're claiming I did here.

massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:I'm all ears if you'd like to tell me which of those prospects was drafted higher than 27.

Well done.

I mean, you're still wrong. But this is good.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• What's the harm in being a little open minded for the remainder of this season? The trade deadline is past so you might as well absorb information to better inform your viewpoint on what we should do in the off-season.

These next eight games matter even if we don't make the playoffs because you should use them to evaluate how you feel about the team going forwards. The first half of the season was ugly with the Waldron/Russ experiment looking shaky, but consider how many external factors there have been and how the second half of the season should get us a more accurate look into each area.

1) It's a new offensive scheme with a first time play caller. It can take a season for new offenses to really gel, and if you look around the league it's taken until the second year for many of them to really click.

2) The running game has been sabotaged by injuries beyond simply losing Carson. Shell (ankle), Lewis (shoulder) and Ogbuehi (bicep) have been playing through injuries much of the first half. More importantly, the team passed on a center in the draft when they still thought Pocic would be back from the hamstring in training camp. Communication has been a major issue on top of installing the new zone stretch running scheme. Getting all of these players back with more practice in the scheme should lead to a more effective running scheme.

3) Russell's injury matters enormously. As others have pointed out, this team could easily be 6-3 this year if Russ had stayed healthy. The margins are really close in the NFL and if his finger does get back to normal then we should see the offense start clicking.

We should expect to see significant offensive improvement over the next eight games. If that happens and the team looks like it is on a roll, then it would be silly to make major off-season changes and overreact to a bumpy start and bad bounces. If that doesn't occur then we should look at every possibility including some major trades or coaching changes.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Value dropping like a rock? Um, no.
    Have you seen the QB's in the NFL. There are MANY teams who would love to have Russ as their QB. And someone would give up a haul. First ever injury, and people act like he's done.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I'd expect no less of a strawman from you these days, bud. Glad you've still got it.

The Strawman was you ignoring the rest of the post.

This -->
    Fade wrote:There are stud players to be taken every year in that range. Could've had Creed Humphrey in the 2nd this year as an example.

Trade Russ, he will go to a contender, these are the kinds of picks you're going to get in return.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information